- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
California Dreamin'. Float serenely above Temecula's vineyards and country estates on an early-morning balloon adventure. The ride includes champagne, coffee, a pastry breakfast, and a souvenir photo. Flights depart from La Vindemia Vineyard, 33133 Vista Del Monte Rd., Temecula, CA, 92591. 800/373–3359. www.californiadreamin.com. $140–$178.
Balloon and Wine Festival. This festival at Lake Skinner each June consists of three days of partying, wine and food tastings, live entertainment, vendors, and early-morning balloon ascensions. Many kids' activities are scheduled. Camping is popular; there are 400 sites at the lake, plus RV sites nearby. 37701 Warren Rd., Winchester, Temecula, CA, 92592. 951/676–5921. www.tvbwf.com. $17–$25 1-day pass, $65 3-day pass; tasting extra.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Hot-Air Ballooning
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's