- Hitting the hippest spot in the country Mexico City is the undisputed cultural capital of Latin America, with a lifestyle as distinct as that of New York or Rio.
- Strolling through the Centro Histórico Imagine if Washington, D.C., contained Plymouth Rock, Jamestown, Gettysburg, and Hiroshima to understand the aura and historic significance of this 500-year-old neighborhood laid atop—and made of—Aztec ruins.
- Sampling la cocina mexicana As street vendors offer up traditional snacks, chefs reinvent those recipes with amazing results.
- Museum-hopping You'll find Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera all over; the stunning contemporary Museo Nacional de Antropología is worth visiting just for the building—a full exploration of its collection would take days.
- Mexico's melting pot The city's size and status mean you'll see all aspects of Mexican society from fashionistas to farmers.
FODOR'S GO LIST 2015
The top 25 places we think should be on every traveler's radar this year.More