- Indulging in the most popular activity in town Eating out is all the rage. You can sample cuisines from around the world or feast on classics from throughout Mexico.
- The chance to see authentic, small-town life Pie de la Cuesta is a laid-back, coastal village northwest of Acapulco with some of the best seafood around.
- Standing in the middle of a history lesson The old Fort of San Diego overlooking Acapulco Bay houses one of the best museums in Mexico, illustrating the historical importance of this nearly 500-year-old city.
- Dancing the night away A sleepy village Acapulco is not. With big-city sophistication comes fabulous ocean-side restaurants, flashy hotel lounges, dance clubs with a sleek clientele, and laid-back surfer bars.
- Jewelry shopping in a spot where prices are still reasonable One of Mexico's prettiest towns, Taxco is also the place to buy silver jewelry.
FODOR'S GO LIST 2015
The top 25 places we think should be on every traveler's radar this year.More