- Relax on idyllic beaches Covering more than 1,200 miles of coastline, Sardinia's beaches beckon with their turquoise waters, white sand, and rippled dunes.
- Discover natural beauty A network of trails explores Sardinia’s resplendent mountains, deep gorges, lush forests, and cascading waterfalls.
- Explore charming towns and villages From coastal towns to rural villages, the island is dotted with a variety of settlements that take pride in their history and tradition. Each has its own culture, cuisine, and unique way of life.
- Dive or snorkel the outer reefs Crystalline waters, warm weather and outer reefs make Sardinia a paradise for underwater adventurers. Sunken ships and marine reserves provide the ideal place to discover marine life.
- Savor Sardinian delicacies From pasta and prosciutto to lamb and cheese, the island's cuisine is sure to satisfy any appetite.
FODOR'S GO LIST 2015
The top 25 places we think should be on every traveler's radar this year.More