- Drachenfels This dramatic castle in Königswinter crowns a high hill overlooking the Rhine.
- Fastnacht Germany's Carnival season culminates with huge parades, round-the-clock music, and dancing in Düsseldorf, Köln, and Mainz the week before Ash Wednesday.
- Rhine in Flames These massive displays of fireworks take place the first Saturday in May in Linz-Bonn; the first Saturday in July in Bingen-Rüdesheim; the second Saturday in August in Koblenz; the second Saturday in September in Oberwesel; and the third Saturday in September in St. Goar.
- The romance of the Rhine From cruises to Rhine-view rooms, castles to terraced vineyards, the Rhine does not disappoint.
- Spectacular wine A whole culinary tradition has grown up around the distinctive light white wines of the Rhine and Mosel.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More