- La Route de Médoc With eight appellations (districts) in this small area alone, and names like Rothschild, Latour, and Margaux on its bottles, the route will fulfill your grape expectations.
- Bordeaux 18th-century wine merchants endowed this city with an almost regal elegance—for proof, see their gracious mansions and the city's sublime squares.
- The Rothschild legacy Although the family's Château Lafite is often locked, oenophiles will be welcomed with open arms at Château Mouton-Rothschild's visitor center and museum.
- St-Émilion With its 13th-century ramparts, cobblestone streets, and rock-face hermitage, this hilltop town presides over one of the region's richest wine districts.
- Bordeaux bacchanal Wine-themed festivals—most notably the Fête du Vin extravaganza, held in Bordeaux's biggest place at the end of June—keep corks popping.
80° BY THE SEA
Looking for a beach vacation? Let us help you find the right spot.More