Kvarner Travel Guide
Plan Your Kvarner Vacation
The Kvarner Gulf is a large, deep bay with the Istrian peninsula to the north and Dalmatia to the south. Four major islands, Cres, Krk, Lošinj, and Rab, along with numerous smaller specks of land, fill the heart of the bay and can be viewed from the gentle resort towns strung around the coastal arc. The lush, rolling hills of this coastal strip wind their way around the gulf from Opatija. East of Rijeka, the scenic Magistrala costal highway cuts into the solid rock of the foothills on its way to the southern tip of Croatia.
Opatija and Lošinj have a healthy selection of quality hotels, but outside these (relatively) major resorts, hotels... read more
Without wanting to force square pegs into round holes, there are essentially four types of restaurants in Kvarner, if not... read more
Things To Do in Kvarner
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $1699 & up -- Croatia 4-Star Vacation Deals, Save $1700 Croatian National Tourist Board
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We started off our trip with a stopover in Amsterdam. We had 7 hours and forty five minutes total, but by the time we got off the pl... Read more
Hi, Fodorites! I have been lurking many years, occasionally, asking a question or answering one, but reading through trip reports voraciou... Read more