- The Ötz Valley. Outdoors enthusiasts love hiking through this region because of rich green pastures in summer and glittering expanses of white in winter.
- Highly rated skiing areas. Known around the world for its extensive and in many cases fashionable ski villages, Tyrol often attracts celebrities and global glitterati to its resorts to experience the high-altitude good life, along with dedicated skiers keen to take on its challenging slopes.
- Tyrolean Stuben. These warm and cozy wooden parlors, often found today in hotels and restaurants, are traditionally part of old farmhouses in Tyrol.
- Bernstein in Bregenz. With the sun setting over Lake Constance and the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra striking up the overture of West Side Story on the world's biggest floating stage, this is an unparalleled place to see an opera or a musical.
- See four countries at once. Take the cable car up Pfänder, the mountain behind Bregenz; the views are incredible Swiss mountains on your left, German rolling hills on your right, Liechtenstein to your left in the Rhine valley, Austria below your feet, and the glittering expanse of Lake Constance stretching 64km (40 miles) into the hazy distance.
- Experience top hospitality in a top village. The Gasthof Post is a bit like Lech itself—full of charming understatement. Teatime in overstuffed armchairs for all houseguests will keep you going until it’s time for a delicious dinner. You'll never want to leave.
80° BY THE SEA
Looking for a beach vacation? Let us help you find the right spot.More