Macao is a pastoral village full of pastures and ranches. Its striking beach, with dramatic headlands, inspired one of the most ambitious resort development projects on the East Coast, Rōco Ki, where construction is ongoing. Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is also staking a claim here, with the brand's first all-inclusive property anywhere in the world opening in summer 2010.
Macao at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's