- The Arts Christchurch’s galleries, museums, and cultural activities have had to be innovative and have risen to the challenge; thought-provoking art projects are dotted around the city. Expect the unexpected.
- The Great Outdoors You don’t have to go far to be among mountains, forests, rivers, and beaches. There are an abundance of places to hike, trek, cycle, mountain-bike, boat and ski; and it’s easy to hire any gear you need.
- Parks and Gardens In spring, numerous public and private gardens are open for viewing. Christchurch’s reputation as the Garden City with expansive parks and public gardens is only going to grow, as even more areas are put aside for parkland.
- Superb Skiing There are eight major ski slopes and a number of club runs within two hours' drive of Christchurch. Season usually runs from June until early October.
- Fantastic Festivals Festivals honor various professions, seasons, heritage days, wine and food.
THE GREAT AMERICAN VACATION
Eager to explore the U.S.? Our trip finder will help you find the perfect destination.More