Fishing at Balls Pyramid
Fishing at Balls Pyramid Review
Towering some 1,800 feet above the ocean, Balls Pyramid is a unique rock stack and one of the world's tallest monoliths in water. Located 23 km (14 miles) south of Lord Howe Island, it's part of the pristine Lord Howe Island Marine Park, in which commercial fishing is banned and huge species of fish abound, making it a top destination for sportfishing. The boat trip to Balls Pyramid takes 75 minutes and is a perfect way to soak up stunning views back toward the island before you start reeling in the catch. Several dedicated fishing charter operators, including Blue Billie (a fifth-generation family of fishermen), run tours to the pyramid, offering half- and full-day expeditions with rates starting from around A$170 per person.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more