- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
At a Glance
- inexpensive but well furnished
- double-glazed windows cut down on outside noise
- great location for access to Luxor temple, the souk, and the Corniche
- rooms are small, but that is typical of hotels at this price point
Check Rates from our Partners
Susanna Hotel Review
The best value in Luxor, the Susanna is one of the city's newest stays, and it commands the only location in town that trumps the Nile-front properties. Susanna is just across the street from the Avenue of the Sphinxes, now under an excavation that will restore the ancient processional way between Luxor and Karnak temples. Susanna enjoys unobstructed views over Luxor Temple, a lazy five-minute saunter away. Susanna connects to the souk—one minute, tops—via a side street filled with local color. As a locally owned property, this hotel is furnished with the bedding preferred in many an Egyptian home: a platform bed supporting a firm cotton mattress. Linens are bright white; bathrooms are colorfully tiled. Rooms are small, some are almost cramped; so are the balconies. But no one comes to Luxor to hole up in the room, especially not when this hotel's two-level roof terrace beckons with a glass-walled restaurant, a swimming pool, and sunsets that give way to the nightly illumination of Luxor Temple.
- Address: 52 Shar‘a Mabed El Karnak, Downtown, Luxor
- Phone: 095/236–9915; 095/236–9912
- Location: Luxor
- 45 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more