The Nile Valley and Luxor Sights

We’ve compiled the best of the best in The Nile Valley and Luxor - browse our top choices for the top things to see during your stay.

Browse Sights

View All 32

(32 out of 32 results)

Fodor's Choice


View All 32

The Theban Necropolis 18

Luxor 4

Abydos 2

Edfu 1

Esna 1

al-Kab 1

Tuna al-Gebel 1

Al-Ashmunayn (Hermopolis) 1

Tel el Amarna 1

Beni Hasan 1

Dendera 1

Show More +

View All 32

Archaeological Site/ Ruins 21

Cemetery 13

Memorial/ Monument/ Tomb 22

Museum/ Gallery 2

Religious Building/ Site/ Shrine 9

Show More +

The Nile Valley and Luxor Sights

Showing 32 out of 32 Results

Filter Results
Clear All Filters

Sort By:

  • Alphabetical
  • Fodor's Choice

Beni Hasan

  • Cemetery

This magnificent cemetery site is on the East Bank of the Nile. Beni Hasan is generally approached from the West Bank by ferry, which...

Colossi of Memnon

  • Memorial/Monument/Tomb

Standing (sitting, actually) over 50 feet tall, these seated statues of the great Amenhotep III are the most significant vestiges of...

Deir al-Bahri

  • Religious Building/Site/Shrine

The Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut (1465–1458 BC), built by the architect Senenmut, is a sublime piece of architecture—some say the...

Deir al-Medina

  • Archaeological Site/Ruins

Between the Valleys of the Nobles and the Valley of the Queens, in its own small valley, lies Deir al-Medina, the Village of the Workmen.

Karnak Temples

  • Religious Building/Site/Shrine

Karnak is, without a doubt, the most complex and impressive assemblage of ancient Egyptian religious monuments. The site is divided into...

Luxor Museum

  • Museum/Gallery

Thi museum contains, without a doubt, the crème de la crème of New Kingdom sculpture. On three floors, objects ranging from the Predynastic...

Medinet Habu

  • Religious Building/Site/Shrine

The mortuary temple of Ramses III (1550–332 BC) is an impressive complex that was successively enlarged from the New Kingdom down to...

Mummification Museum

  • Museum/Gallery

The Egyptian Antiquities Museum in Cairo has an entire section devoted to mummification, but a visit to this museum is worth the detour...

Tell al-Amarna

  • Archaeological Site/Ruins

Little remains of the magnificent town of Akhetaten, which was founded by the apparently monotheist pharaoh Akhenaton in the late 18th...

Temple of Hathor

  • Archaeological Site/Ruins

Hathor of Dendera was the goddess of love, beauty, music, and birth. She was often depicted as a cow, and in later periods of Egyptian...


Book A Trip



  • CARS