I will be attending a family member's wedding early April. My boyfriend and I will be flying in on Thursday to San Fran and driving up to Monterrey to our hotel. We will be there through Sunday. We will likely have one or two free days without family obligations to explore the area.
Any suggestions for Carmel, Monterrey (and vicinity) for any free time?
After the wedding we plan on spending another 5-7 days in California before flying home.
I would like to at least spend a few days in San Francisco exploring, and also spend a day in nature. We are young couple and would like to also get some tips on nightlife.
I don't know anything about San Francisco and which neighborhoods I should look for a hotel in, or what activities we should consider. We would like to keep it under $200 a night for the hotel, if possible.
If we wanted to go to Yosemite for a day how long in reality would be the drive from San Fran?
Any advice is really appreciated because we don't really know what to start with the research!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LAX Time Between Terminals
- 2 Florida keys trip
- 3 Wine Country
- 4 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 5 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
- 6 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 7 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 8 LV off strip hotels with shuttles to strip
- 9 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 10 Key West luxury hotels
- 11 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 12 Nashville Never Been
- 13 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 14 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 15 Where to stay 3 nights Big Island Jan 29-Feb 1
- 16 Florida beach vacation
- 17 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 18 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 19 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 20 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 21 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 22 Fall 1st time trip wine country
- 23 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 24 Oahu Trip Report with Friends Nov 2016
- 25 I95