I will be attending a family member's wedding early April. My boyfriend and I will be flying in on Thursday to San Fran and driving up to Monterrey to our hotel. We will be there through Sunday. We will likely have one or two free days without family obligations to explore the area.
Any suggestions for Carmel, Monterrey (and vicinity) for any free time?
After the wedding we plan on spending another 5-7 days in California before flying home.
I would like to at least spend a few days in San Francisco exploring, and also spend a day in nature. We are young couple and would like to also get some tips on nightlife.
I don't know anything about San Francisco and which neighborhoods I should look for a hotel in, or what activities we should consider. We would like to keep it under $200 a night for the hotel, if possible.
If we wanted to go to Yosemite for a day how long in reality would be the drive from San Fran?
Any advice is really appreciated because we don't really know what to start with the research!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maine/Vermont/Quebec vs. Costa Rica?
- 2 Discounted Rental Car?
- 3 Paying for Permit Land Crossing USA to Mexico
- 4 Restaurant recommendations...Chelsea Market, Korea Town
- 5 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 6 Boston College Visit with older teen. Highlights to see and do.
- 7 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 8 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 9 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 10 Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs
- 11 Inexpensive family getaways
- 12 Valdez, Alaska
- 13 NJ to Florida drive
- 14 Driving from central Florida to Napa CA
- 15 Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, etc. 2016 trip - Need suggestions
- 16 San Francisco & West Hollywood restaurants
- 17 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 18 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 19 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 20 Los Angeles to Nashville
- 21 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 22 Portland-Seattle and lots more: Itinerary comments requested
- 23 Hotel near The Rainbow Room/Rockefeller Center
- 24 Crested Butte lodging suggestions...summer
- 25 New York Pass Yes or No ???