I will be attending a family member's wedding early April. My boyfriend and I will be flying in on Thursday to San Fran and driving up to Monterrey to our hotel. We will be there through Sunday. We will likely have one or two free days without family obligations to explore the area.
Any suggestions for Carmel, Monterrey (and vicinity) for any free time?
After the wedding we plan on spending another 5-7 days in California before flying home.
I would like to at least spend a few days in San Francisco exploring, and also spend a day in nature. We are young couple and would like to also get some tips on nightlife.
I don't know anything about San Francisco and which neighborhoods I should look for a hotel in, or what activities we should consider. We would like to keep it under $200 a night for the hotel, if possible.
If we wanted to go to Yosemite for a day how long in reality would be the drive from San Fran?
Any advice is really appreciated because we don't really know what to start with the research!
Wedding in Carmel early April, Flying into San Fran
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 new online travel network
- 2 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 3 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 4 USA with a 3 year old
- 5 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 6 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 7 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 8 Universal studios/Orlando
- 9 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 10 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 11 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 12 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 13 NYC theatre broadway
- 14 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 15 First family ski trip
- 16 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 17 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 18 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 19 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 20 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 21 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 22 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 23 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 24 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 25 Wedding venue in NH