I will be attending a family member's wedding early April. My boyfriend and I will be flying in on Thursday to San Fran and driving up to Monterrey to our hotel. We will be there through Sunday. We will likely have one or two free days without family obligations to explore the area.
Any suggestions for Carmel, Monterrey (and vicinity) for any free time?
After the wedding we plan on spending another 5-7 days in California before flying home.
I would like to at least spend a few days in San Francisco exploring, and also spend a day in nature. We are young couple and would like to also get some tips on nightlife.
I don't know anything about San Francisco and which neighborhoods I should look for a hotel in, or what activities we should consider. We would like to keep it under $200 a night for the hotel, if possible.
If we wanted to go to Yosemite for a day how long in reality would be the drive from San Fran?
Any advice is really appreciated because we don't really know what to start with the research!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 2 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 3 Arches Devils Garden
- 4 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 5 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 6 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 7 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 8 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 9 Santa Fe Itineray
- 10 Big Sure in June
- 11 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 12 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 13 best health clubs with lap pools
- 14 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 15 Retiring to Tucson
- 16 universal studios and disney
- 17 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 18 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 19 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 20 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 21 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 22 Savannah hotel
- 23 Utah National Parks visit
- 24 marriot cypress harbour
- 25 Hotel in Reno