I will be attending a family member's wedding early April. My boyfriend and I will be flying in on Thursday to San Fran and driving up to Monterrey to our hotel. We will be there through Sunday. We will likely have one or two free days without family obligations to explore the area.
Any suggestions for Carmel, Monterrey (and vicinity) for any free time?
After the wedding we plan on spending another 5-7 days in California before flying home.
I would like to at least spend a few days in San Francisco exploring, and also spend a day in nature. We are young couple and would like to also get some tips on nightlife.
I don't know anything about San Francisco and which neighborhoods I should look for a hotel in, or what activities we should consider. We would like to keep it under $200 a night for the hotel, if possible.
If we wanted to go to Yosemite for a day how long in reality would be the drive from San Fran?
Any advice is really appreciated because we don't really know what to start with the research!
Wedding in Carmel early April, Flying into San Fran
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Can Anyone Suggest Me Tourism Evolution Services ?
- 2 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 3 Seattle: Something Different?
- 4 Staying in Hollywood or Santa Monica area?
- 5 Grand Canyon helicopter tour from Las Vegas
- 6 Blue Ridge Parkway Help!
- 7 Back from Miami Beach
- 8 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 9 looking for suggestions for quiet florida beach front panhandle stay
- 10 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 11 San Fran to Crater Lake? round trip one week
- 12 Detroit, MI to Portland or bust.
- 13 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 14 Finger Lakes Itinerary Help
- 15 One Night in Dallas
- 16 Las Vegas - what to do solo
- 17 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 18 Which National Park/s with 7-year-old & possibly grandparents
- 19 Current status of Tappan Zee Bridge - summer 2014?
- 20 San Diego - wher to stay
- 21 Seattle Needing some help please
- 22 My 21st Birthday in Chicago
- 23 Princeton, NJ area hotels
- 24 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 25 Best East Coast Beach Vacation For Family of 4