I will be attending a family member's wedding early April. My boyfriend and I will be flying in on Thursday to San Fran and driving up to Monterrey to our hotel. We will be there through Sunday. We will likely have one or two free days without family obligations to explore the area.
Any suggestions for Carmel, Monterrey (and vicinity) for any free time?
After the wedding we plan on spending another 5-7 days in California before flying home.
I would like to at least spend a few days in San Francisco exploring, and also spend a day in nature. We are young couple and would like to also get some tips on nightlife.
I don't know anything about San Francisco and which neighborhoods I should look for a hotel in, or what activities we should consider. We would like to keep it under $200 a night for the hotel, if possible.
If we wanted to go to Yosemite for a day how long in reality would be the drive from San Fran?
Any advice is really appreciated because we don't really know what to start with the research!
Wedding in Carmel early April, Flying into San Fran
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 2 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 3 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 4 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 5 Dining in D.C.
- 6 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 7 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 8 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 9 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 10 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 11 Brooklyn why?
- 12 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 13 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 14 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 15 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 16 Colorado in the summer!
- 17 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 18 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 19 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 20 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 21 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 22 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 23 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 24 Kennedy Space Center
- 25 Alexandria or Georgetown