I am a bit new to posting here so hopefully you can help me. My boyfriend and I are planning a 7 night holiday to New York, Nov 12-19, 2013. I have been given a price for two hotels, 1)The Beacon, near Central Park or 2)The Sheraton on the Hudson, Weehawken. The second hotel seems like a nicer hotel with pool, bar and restaraunt and more amenities but obviously the location is not so central. The Beacon seems like a nice hotel but is working out a bit more expensive obviously because the location is fantastic. My question is, is it better to stay further out for what seems like a better hotel or is the travelling in and out worth it? I have never been to New York so I am unsure about transport and areas.
Any advice you could offer would be great.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help PLS Philli or Boston
- 2 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 3 Family spring break destinations on the N.E. coast
- 4 DC Cherry Blossoms 2017
- 5 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 6 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 7 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 8 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 9 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 10 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 11 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 12 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 13 Summer trip
- 14 How many states have you been to?
- 15 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 16 Florida keys trip
- 17 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 18 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 19 Route Planning for East USA
- 20 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 21 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 22 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 23 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 24 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 25 SF special dinner for 70 birthday