I am a bit new to posting here so hopefully you can help me. My boyfriend and I are planning a 7 night holiday to New York, Nov 12-19, 2013. I have been given a price for two hotels, 1)The Beacon, near Central Park or 2)The Sheraton on the Hudson, Weehawken. The second hotel seems like a nicer hotel with pool, bar and restaraunt and more amenities but obviously the location is not so central. The Beacon seems like a nice hotel but is working out a bit more expensive obviously because the location is fantastic. My question is, is it better to stay further out for what seems like a better hotel or is the travelling in and out worth it? I have never been to New York so I am unsure about transport and areas.
Any advice you could offer would be great.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report
- 2 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 3 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 4 Yellowstone
- 5 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 6 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 7 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 8 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 9 Redwoods National Park
- 10 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 11 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 12 Rattlesnake Ledge
- 13 March 2017 condo rental ?
- 14 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 15 New Mexico in May
- 16 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 17 Dining in Old Town Alexandria
- 18 Traveling Alone
- 19 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 20 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 21 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 22 How many days in Grand Teton and Yellowstone?
- 23 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 24 Arizona in late January
- 25 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans