I am a bit new to posting here so hopefully you can help me. My boyfriend and I are planning a 7 night holiday to New York, Nov 12-19, 2013. I have been given a price for two hotels, 1)The Beacon, near Central Park or 2)The Sheraton on the Hudson, Weehawken. The second hotel seems like a nicer hotel with pool, bar and restaraunt and more amenities but obviously the location is not so central. The Beacon seems like a nice hotel but is working out a bit more expensive obviously because the location is fantastic. My question is, is it better to stay further out for what seems like a better hotel or is the travelling in and out worth it? I have never been to New York so I am unsure about transport and areas.
Any advice you could offer would be great.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 2 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 3 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 4 Short Notice
- 5 Inn at Key West
- 6 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 7 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 8 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 9 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 10 Black History Museum
- 11 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 12 Another Great DC Trip
- 13 Chicago 2017
- 14 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 15 arizona rte 66
- 16 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 17 Food & Wine Festival at Epcot
- 18 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 19 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 20 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 21 usa roadtrip
- 22 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 23 Where to live in the North East
- 24 Hawaii and...where?
- 25 Short Oregon Trip