I am a bit new to posting here so hopefully you can help me. My boyfriend and I are planning a 7 night holiday to New York, Nov 12-19, 2013. I have been given a price for two hotels, 1)The Beacon, near Central Park or 2)The Sheraton on the Hudson, Weehawken. The second hotel seems like a nicer hotel with pool, bar and restaraunt and more amenities but obviously the location is not so central. The Beacon seems like a nice hotel but is working out a bit more expensive obviously because the location is fantastic. My question is, is it better to stay further out for what seems like a better hotel or is the travelling in and out worth it? I have never been to New York so I am unsure about transport and areas.
Any advice you could offer would be great.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington visit...perhaps relocate
- 2 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 3 Suggestions Buffalo NY
- 4 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 5 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 6 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 7 seattle-portland place to stay
- 8 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 9 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 10 Scenic Drive - Rockland to Moosehead Lake?
- 11 Cape Cod -ideas eats ,activity, ferry to BOS
- 12 Moab Tenting end of Oct?
- 13 Alaska cruise one way and drive?
- 14 Big Bend, McDonald Observatory, San Antonio and Austin in January
- 15 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 16 Amtrak Boston/New York
- 17 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 18 Orlando -Zika
- 19 lobster rumor
- 20 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 21 Alamo convertible
- 22 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 23 Tour of Colorado and NM
- 24 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 25 Transfer from Anchorage to Seward