I am a bit new to posting here so hopefully you can help me. My boyfriend and I are planning a 7 night holiday to New York, Nov 12-19, 2013. I have been given a price for two hotels, 1)The Beacon, near Central Park or 2)The Sheraton on the Hudson, Weehawken. The second hotel seems like a nicer hotel with pool, bar and restaraunt and more amenities but obviously the location is not so central. The Beacon seems like a nice hotel but is working out a bit more expensive obviously because the location is fantastic. My question is, is it better to stay further out for what seems like a better hotel or is the travelling in and out worth it? I have never been to New York so I am unsure about transport and areas.
Any advice you could offer would be great.
New York Accommodation Advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 2 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 3 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 4 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 5 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 6 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 7 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 8 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 9 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 10 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 11 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 12 3 days in Lake Travis area near Austin Texas
- 13 A Beautiful Bike Ride in Southern Delaware (Rehoboth, Bethany)
- 14 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 15 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 16 LA Long Weekend--Itinerary Help
- 17 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 18 Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 19 San Francisco Transportation tips from Lombard Street!?
- 20 Long Island Advice
- 21 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 22 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 23 Philadelphia ?
- 24 Tour of the Wester US
- 25 Petoskey Fall Break?