I am a bit new to posting here so hopefully you can help me. My boyfriend and I are planning a 7 night holiday to New York, Nov 12-19, 2013. I have been given a price for two hotels, 1)The Beacon, near Central Park or 2)The Sheraton on the Hudson, Weehawken. The second hotel seems like a nicer hotel with pool, bar and restaraunt and more amenities but obviously the location is not so central. The Beacon seems like a nice hotel but is working out a bit more expensive obviously because the location is fantastic. My question is, is it better to stay further out for what seems like a better hotel or is the travelling in and out worth it? I have never been to New York so I am unsure about transport and areas.
Any advice you could offer would be great.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Day Trip from Monroe, Ct to Berkshires
- 2 Nashville or Nashville and New Orleans
- 3 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 4 Disneyland, Yosemite and San Fransisco
- 5 Airbnb seattle
- 6 Photos of otters and other wildlife at Moss Landing
- 7 Carmel to Big Sur Station and back report with photos 6/10/2017
- 8 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 9 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and South Dakota Trip Report
- 10 Dollar to Euro Exchange
- 11 Self parking hotel in Philly
- 12 Texas info
- 13 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 14 Leisurely Car Trip from Atlanta to Sacramento?
- 15 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 16 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 17 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 18 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 19 Going from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island to Lake Crescent
- 20 inspire me after landing in Miami
- 21 Dallas airport to bush library
- 22 Ideas needed for fall road trip Boston - Montreal
- 23 los angeles to redwood national park overnight stop
- 24 Yellowstone National Park in 5 days - NEED HELP
- 25 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl