I am a bit new to posting here so hopefully you can help me. My boyfriend and I are planning a 7 night holiday to New York, Nov 12-19, 2013. I have been given a price for two hotels, 1)The Beacon, near Central Park or 2)The Sheraton on the Hudson, Weehawken. The second hotel seems like a nicer hotel with pool, bar and restaraunt and more amenities but obviously the location is not so central. The Beacon seems like a nice hotel but is working out a bit more expensive obviously because the location is fantastic. My question is, is it better to stay further out for what seems like a better hotel or is the travelling in and out worth it? I have never been to New York so I am unsure about transport and areas.
Any advice you could offer would be great.
New York Accommodation Advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 2 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 3 Colorado Skiing
- 4 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 5 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 6 American Honeymoon in March
- 7 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 8 san fran sightseeing
- 9 Boston in winter?
- 10 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 11 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 12 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 13 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 14 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 15 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 16 charlotte
- 17 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 18 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 19 New York City in April
- 20 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 21 Long Beach - alternative lodging to Queen Mary but close by
- 22 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 23 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 24 Need beach location for summer family reunion.
- 25 Help?! I-40 or I-20 across Southeast US this week? (Construction delays?)