I am a bit new to posting here so hopefully you can help me. My boyfriend and I are planning a 7 night holiday to New York, Nov 12-19, 2013. I have been given a price for two hotels, 1)The Beacon, near Central Park or 2)The Sheraton on the Hudson, Weehawken. The second hotel seems like a nicer hotel with pool, bar and restaraunt and more amenities but obviously the location is not so central. The Beacon seems like a nice hotel but is working out a bit more expensive obviously because the location is fantastic. My question is, is it better to stay further out for what seems like a better hotel or is the travelling in and out worth it? I have never been to New York so I am unsure about transport and areas.
Any advice you could offer would be great.
New York Accommodation Advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best places to move to Florida?
- 2 West Coast Bound End of March
- 3 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 4 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 5 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 6 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 7 Oahu ideas
- 8 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 9 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 10 Key Largo, FL
- 11 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 12 Death Valley in June
- 13 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 14 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 15 San Diego grocery stores
- 16 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 19 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 20 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 21 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 22 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 23 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 24 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 25 Huntington Beach - hostels?