I am a bit new to posting here so hopefully you can help me. My boyfriend and I are planning a 7 night holiday to New York, Nov 12-19, 2013. I have been given a price for two hotels, 1)The Beacon, near Central Park or 2)The Sheraton on the Hudson, Weehawken. The second hotel seems like a nicer hotel with pool, bar and restaraunt and more amenities but obviously the location is not so central. The Beacon seems like a nice hotel but is working out a bit more expensive obviously because the location is fantastic. My question is, is it better to stay further out for what seems like a better hotel or is the travelling in and out worth it? I have never been to New York so I am unsure about transport and areas.
Any advice you could offer would be great.
New York Accommodation Advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10 day trip to California
- 2 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 3 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 4 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 5 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 6 Rafting near Denali
- 7 New York City Restaurants
- 8 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 9 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 10 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 11 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 12 Kennedy Space Center
- 13 Week in October in Maine
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 16 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 17 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 18 B-Day Mini adventure
- 19 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 20 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 21 Timeshare Nightmares
- 22 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 23 Fun restaurant for kids before Broadway play
- 24 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 25 Commuting from Long Beach NY to Tarrytown NY for work, need advice HELP!