We are traveling to Bar Harbor for a wedding at the end of June. First planned to fly to Portland and then drive up, stoping in Camden. However, mapquest lists the scenic route 1 as over 4 hours. Just discovered we can fly into Bangor and drive to Bar Harbor in 1 1/2 hours. We plan to stay in Bar Harbor for 4 nights. Is it worth the extra driving time to see another town along the way? Would it be better to have more time in Bar Harbor? Did not plan on spending time in Portland as our son was married there 2 years ago. Would appreciate any thoughts.
Fly Portland or Bangor into Bar Harbor, Maine?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 2 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 3 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 4 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 5 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 6 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 7 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 8 Northwest USA
- 9 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 10 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 11 Self guided White House tour
- 12 Los Angeles day trips
- 13 middlebury vt snow
- 14 Tybee Island?... hilton head? help please?
- 15 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 16 LA for a day and a half
- 17 Texas
- 18 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 19 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 20 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 21 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 22 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 23 Moving to CT
- 24 Hotels Philly
- 25 Drive down the West Coast 2015