We are traveling to Bar Harbor for a wedding at the end of June. First planned to fly to Portland and then drive up, stoping in Camden. However, mapquest lists the scenic route 1 as over 4 hours. Just discovered we can fly into Bangor and drive to Bar Harbor in 1 1/2 hours. We plan to stay in Bar Harbor for 4 nights. Is it worth the extra driving time to see another town along the way? Would it be better to have more time in Bar Harbor? Did not plan on spending time in Portland as our son was married there 2 years ago. Would appreciate any thoughts.
Fly Portland or Bangor into Bar Harbor, Maine?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 2 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 3 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 4 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 5 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 6 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 7 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 8 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 9 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 10 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 11 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 12 Breckenridge in October
- 13 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 14 Richmond highlights?
- 15 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 16 Washington DC in Spring?
- 17 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 18 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 19 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 20 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 21 Must Eats
- 22 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 23 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 24 Florida St George's Island
- 25 Union Square area restaurant