We are traveling to Bar Harbor for a wedding at the end of June. First planned to fly to Portland and then drive up, stoping in Camden. However, mapquest lists the scenic route 1 as over 4 hours. Just discovered we can fly into Bangor and drive to Bar Harbor in 1 1/2 hours. We plan to stay in Bar Harbor for 4 nights. Is it worth the extra driving time to see another town along the way? Would it be better to have more time in Bar Harbor? Did not plan on spending time in Portland as our son was married there 2 years ago. Would appreciate any thoughts.
Fly Portland or Bangor into Bar Harbor, Maine?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Orlando for Work
- 2 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 3 How to dress in Vegas
- 4 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 5 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 6 Breckenridge in October
- 7 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 8 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 9 Chicago Questions
- 10 USA trip
- 11 Chicago for one night with my teen daughter
- 12 NBA tickets??
- 13 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 14 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 15 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 16 charlotte
- 17 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 18 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 19 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 20 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 21 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 22 camaro hire in waikiki
- 23 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 24 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 25 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope