We are traveling to Bar Harbor for a wedding at the end of June. First planned to fly to Portland and then drive up, stoping in Camden. However, mapquest lists the scenic route 1 as over 4 hours. Just discovered we can fly into Bangor and drive to Bar Harbor in 1 1/2 hours. We plan to stay in Bar Harbor for 4 nights. Is it worth the extra driving time to see another town along the way? Would it be better to have more time in Bar Harbor? Did not plan on spending time in Portland as our son was married there 2 years ago. Would appreciate any thoughts.
Fly Portland or Bangor into Bar Harbor, Maine?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 2 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 3 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 4 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 5 Fripp island
- 6 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 7 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 8 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 9 Where should I move to?
- 10 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 11 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 12 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 13 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 14 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Hotel near Public Theater
- 19 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 20 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 21 San Antonio
- 22 hotel near Met NYC
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Oahu Information
- 25 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013