Hi folks - I am going to be staying with my husband in DeWitt Place in the Gold Coast area of Chicago from June 3rd to 6th. I will be travelling in from O'Hare on the EL as far as Chicago station. My question is what travel card people would recommend us to purchase. We intend to visit the Art Institute, Millennium Park, Navy Pier, John Hancock Observatory, take the Architectural boat tour (CAF), shop on the Mag mile and generally potter about. Not knowing how much I am likely to need public transport to access all of these things from my base in Dewitt Place (in addition to eating out each night) it is difficult to assess which card is best. Is it a 3 day pass for $14 or a prepaid transit card? I am leaving Chicago by train from Union Station but it is likely that we will take a cab to there from where we are staying. All helpful tips appreciated! Thanks a million.
CTA Travel in Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 2 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 3 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 4 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 5 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 6 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Brooklyn why?
- 9 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 10 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 11 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 12 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 13 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 14 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 15 New York City Restaurants
- 16 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 17 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 18 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 19 Maui vacation
- 20 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 21 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 22 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 23 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 24 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 25 WISCONSIN