Hi folks - I am going to be staying with my husband in DeWitt Place in the Gold Coast area of Chicago from June 3rd to 6th. I will be travelling in from O'Hare on the EL as far as Chicago station. My question is what travel card people would recommend us to purchase. We intend to visit the Art Institute, Millennium Park, Navy Pier, John Hancock Observatory, take the Architectural boat tour (CAF), shop on the Mag mile and generally potter about. Not knowing how much I am likely to need public transport to access all of these things from my base in Dewitt Place (in addition to eating out each night) it is difficult to assess which card is best. Is it a 3 day pass for $14 or a prepaid transit card? I am leaving Chicago by train from Union Station but it is likely that we will take a cab to there from where we are staying. All helpful tips appreciated! Thanks a million.
CTA Travel in Chicago
View all United States activity »
- 1 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 2 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 3 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 4 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 5 Where should I move to?
- 6 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 7 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 8 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 11 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 12 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 13 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 Fripp island
- 16 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Hotel near Public Theater
- 19 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 20 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 21 San Antonio
- 22 hotel near Met NYC
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Oahu Information
- 25 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013