Hi folks - I am going to be staying with my husband in DeWitt Place in the Gold Coast area of Chicago from June 3rd to 6th. I will be travelling in from O'Hare on the EL as far as Chicago station. My question is what travel card people would recommend us to purchase. We intend to visit the Art Institute, Millennium Park, Navy Pier, John Hancock Observatory, take the Architectural boat tour (CAF), shop on the Mag mile and generally potter about. Not knowing how much I am likely to need public transport to access all of these things from my base in Dewitt Place (in addition to eating out each night) it is difficult to assess which card is best. Is it a 3 day pass for $14 or a prepaid transit card? I am leaving Chicago by train from Union Station but it is likely that we will take a cab to there from where we are staying. All helpful tips appreciated! Thanks a million.
CTA Travel in Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 2 Key Largo, FL
- 3 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 4 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 5 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 6 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 7 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 8 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 9 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 10 West Coast Bound End of March
- 11 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 12 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 13 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 14 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 15 Socorro, NM to Yellowstone and back in 7-8 days
- 16 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 17 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 18 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 19 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 20 Locker at JFK
- 21 Ziplines, Zorb, Pancakes, and Parrots
- 22 Best places to move to Florida?
- 23 Philadelphia
- 24 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 25 San Diego