Hi folks - I am going to be staying with my husband in DeWitt Place in the Gold Coast area of Chicago from June 3rd to 6th. I will be travelling in from O'Hare on the EL as far as Chicago station. My question is what travel card people would recommend us to purchase. We intend to visit the Art Institute, Millennium Park, Navy Pier, John Hancock Observatory, take the Architectural boat tour (CAF), shop on the Mag mile and generally potter about. Not knowing how much I am likely to need public transport to access all of these things from my base in Dewitt Place (in addition to eating out each night) it is difficult to assess which card is best. Is it a 3 day pass for $14 or a prepaid transit card? I am leaving Chicago by train from Union Station but it is likely that we will take a cab to there from where we are staying. All helpful tips appreciated! Thanks a million.
CTA Travel in Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 3 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 4 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 5 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 6 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 7 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 8 How to dress in Vegas
- 9 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 10 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 11 bus tour for Grand canyon(South Rim), Horse shoe in 1-day?
- 12 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 13 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 14 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 15 USA trip
- 16 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 17 Chicago Questions
- 18 Air Connections on Maui
- 19 camaro hire in waikiki
- 20 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 21 Timeshare Nightmares
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Breckenridge in October
- 24 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 25 Orlando for Work