I apologize if this has been asked before. I am trying to figure out the best way to get from Boston to Martha's Vineyard, leaving on a Monday in August from downtown Boston and returning to Logan airport on the following Monday, August 22nd. We will be traveling with our children who are 9 and 14. Here are my questions:
I have done some research and know that we can take the Peter Pan bus. Will that get us close to one of the ferries? I see that there are more than one ferry--Island Queen and Steamship Authority. Is one better than the other? Do any of them take passenger reservations? Is the Steamship Authority the only one that takes cars? Is it worth getting onto the waiting list for our car? Our plan is to rent a car once we are on the Vineyard because we apparently waited too long to get a vehicle registration.
We know we could also rent a car for a one way rental from Boston to the ferry. That would likely be a hassle, though.
The limo service is very, very expensive.
Are there any other options?
We were hoping to check out downtown Falmouth before we go across on the ferry, but would presumably need to take a cab, then, to get to the ferry. Are there cabs available? We do not have to do this part if it is too much of a hassle.
Thank you very much.
Read more: http://www.frommers.com/community/forum.cfm/united-states/massachusetts/getting-downtown-boston-mv-then-back-logan-airport#ixzz1Rv39tQl1
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Taking Onery Teens to LA for 4 days....
- 2 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 3 Visiting New York State
- 4 Driving from Denver to San Francisco in July
- 5 Another Outstanding Los Angeles Restaurant: Officine BRERA
- 6 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 7 4th of July in Chicago
- 8 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 9 The District by Hilton Club
- 10 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 11 NYC hotel w/great room view for 30th anniv.
- 12 Colorado Hiking in September
- 13 nashville,tenn
- 14 Florida Coffee Roasters
- 15 Hotel/Itinerary Washington DC, Family of 5
- 16 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 17 Yosemite Hike
- 18 July camping Cayo Costa State Park
- 19 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 20 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 21 Bucket List
- 22 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 23 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 24 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 25 Your thoughts on Brooklyn Heights