I apologize if this has been asked before. I am trying to figure out the best way to get from Boston to Martha's Vineyard, leaving on a Monday in August from downtown Boston and returning to Logan airport on the following Monday, August 22nd. We will be traveling with our children who are 9 and 14. Here are my questions:
I have done some research and know that we can take the Peter Pan bus. Will that get us close to one of the ferries? I see that there are more than one ferry--Island Queen and Steamship Authority. Is one better than the other? Do any of them take passenger reservations? Is the Steamship Authority the only one that takes cars? Is it worth getting onto the waiting list for our car? Our plan is to rent a car once we are on the Vineyard because we apparently waited too long to get a vehicle registration.
We know we could also rent a car for a one way rental from Boston to the ferry. That would likely be a hassle, though.
The limo service is very, very expensive.
Are there any other options?
We were hoping to check out downtown Falmouth before we go across on the ferry, but would presumably need to take a cab, then, to get to the ferry. Are there cabs available? We do not have to do this part if it is too much of a hassle.
Thank you very much.
Read more: http://www.frommers.com/community/forum.cfm/united-states/massachusetts/getting-downtown-boston-mv-then-back-logan-airport#ixzz1Rv39tQl1
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 JFK Terminal 8
- 2 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 3 Dinner Cruise down San Antonio River?
- 4 Seaside, California
- 5 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 6 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 7 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 8 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 9 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 10 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 11 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 12 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 13 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 14 Bed and Breakfast
- 15 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 16 What car service?
- 17 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 18 Denali
- 19 Where should I drop off rental car near Boston?
- 20 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 21 Maine in May?
- 22 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 23 New Years Eve in NYC
- 24 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 25 Oakland airport...your opinions please...