I apologize if this has been asked before. I am trying to figure out the best way to get from Boston to Martha's Vineyard, leaving on a Monday in August from downtown Boston and returning to Logan airport on the following Monday, August 22nd. We will be traveling with our children who are 9 and 14. Here are my questions:
I have done some research and know that we can take the Peter Pan bus. Will that get us close to one of the ferries? I see that there are more than one ferry--Island Queen and Steamship Authority. Is one better than the other? Do any of them take passenger reservations? Is the Steamship Authority the only one that takes cars? Is it worth getting onto the waiting list for our car? Our plan is to rent a car once we are on the Vineyard because we apparently waited too long to get a vehicle registration.
We know we could also rent a car for a one way rental from Boston to the ferry. That would likely be a hassle, though.
The limo service is very, very expensive.
Are there any other options?
We were hoping to check out downtown Falmouth before we go across on the ferry, but would presumably need to take a cab, then, to get to the ferry. Are there cabs available? We do not have to do this part if it is too much of a hassle.
Thank you very much.
Read more: http://www.frommers.com/community/forum.cfm/united-states/massachusetts/getting-downtown-boston-mv-then-back-logan-airport#ixzz1Rv39tQl1
Boston to Martha's Vineyard
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A trip from Pensacola to Miami
- 2 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 3 6 days to drive from Seattle wa to oceanside ca
- 4 May 20th - Ritz Orlando Grande Lakes Charity Golf $150
- 5 Help on choosing outdoorsy town to move to after college
- 6 Sacramento: 2 days, best use of that time?
- 7 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 8 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 9 Pizza Paradise In Pasadena
- 10 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 11 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 12 12-hour layover in Honolulu: What to do?
- 13 Would a Annual Park pass be worth it?
- 14 Las Vegas, GC, Page, Bryce, Zion - August with teens - advice welcome
- 15 Alaska Marine highway - worth the 2 day trip?
- 16 Boston to see Sargent works
- 17 Trip report, Part 4 - Monument Valley, Arches, Bryce, Vegas, Jan 2015
- 18 New York City - apartment locations
- 19 Utah 2
- 20 Southern states in March/April 2016
- 21 Dinsey Wolrd - another "what resort" question
- 22 Tudor city -special help/info
- 23 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 24 Coffee shop or dinner recommendations for Fullerton/Anaheim area?
- 25 Xmas in Key West: Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation