I apologize if this has been asked before. I am trying to figure out the best way to get from Boston to Martha's Vineyard, leaving on a Monday in August from downtown Boston and returning to Logan airport on the following Monday, August 22nd. We will be traveling with our children who are 9 and 14. Here are my questions:
I have done some research and know that we can take the Peter Pan bus. Will that get us close to one of the ferries? I see that there are more than one ferry--Island Queen and Steamship Authority. Is one better than the other? Do any of them take passenger reservations? Is the Steamship Authority the only one that takes cars? Is it worth getting onto the waiting list for our car? Our plan is to rent a car once we are on the Vineyard because we apparently waited too long to get a vehicle registration.
We know we could also rent a car for a one way rental from Boston to the ferry. That would likely be a hassle, though.
The limo service is very, very expensive.
Are there any other options?
We were hoping to check out downtown Falmouth before we go across on the ferry, but would presumably need to take a cab, then, to get to the ferry. Are there cabs available? We do not have to do this part if it is too much of a hassle.
Thank you very much.
Read more: http://www.frommers.com/community/forum.cfm/united-states/massachusetts/getting-downtown-boston-mv-then-back-logan-airport#ixzz1Rv39tQl1
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Improve your Potentiality by gaining Muscle Power
- 2 https://testosteronesboosterweb.com/primex-testo-max/
- 3 https://www.healthdietalert.com/iconic-forskolin-extract/
- 4 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 5 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 6 Oregon Coast question
- 7 Hawaii wedding
- 8 California road trip
- 9 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 10 Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge vs. Canaan Valley Resort
- 11 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 12 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 13 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 14 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 15 Moving to Montana
- 16 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 17 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 18 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 19 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 20 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 21 Savanah GA
- 22 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 23 Florida with a 2 year old
- 24 traveling I 70 across Colorado
- 25 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids