I apologize if this has been asked before. I am trying to figure out the best way to get from Boston to Martha's Vineyard, leaving on a Monday in August from downtown Boston and returning to Logan airport on the following Monday, August 22nd. We will be traveling with our children who are 9 and 14. Here are my questions:
I have done some research and know that we can take the Peter Pan bus. Will that get us close to one of the ferries? I see that there are more than one ferry--Island Queen and Steamship Authority. Is one better than the other? Do any of them take passenger reservations? Is the Steamship Authority the only one that takes cars? Is it worth getting onto the waiting list for our car? Our plan is to rent a car once we are on the Vineyard because we apparently waited too long to get a vehicle registration.
We know we could also rent a car for a one way rental from Boston to the ferry. That would likely be a hassle, though.
The limo service is very, very expensive.
Are there any other options?
We were hoping to check out downtown Falmouth before we go across on the ferry, but would presumably need to take a cab, then, to get to the ferry. Are there cabs available? We do not have to do this part if it is too much of a hassle.
Thank you very much.
Read more: http://www.frommers.com/community/forum.cfm/united-states/massachusetts/getting-downtown-boston-mv-then-back-logan-airport#ixzz1Rv39tQl1
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://maleenhancementshop.info/vxl-male-mnhancement/
- 2 Coldest place you've ever been to?
- 3 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 4 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 5 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 6 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 7 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 8 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 9 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 10 Alaska cruise
- 11 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 12 Sonoma
- 13 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 14 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 15 New Orleans
- 16 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 17 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 18 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 19 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 20 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 21 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 22 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 23 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 24 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 25 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?