I apologize if this has been asked before. I am trying to figure out the best way to get from Boston to Martha's Vineyard, leaving on a Monday in August from downtown Boston and returning to Logan airport on the following Monday, August 22nd. We will be traveling with our children who are 9 and 14. Here are my questions:
I have done some research and know that we can take the Peter Pan bus. Will that get us close to one of the ferries? I see that there are more than one ferry--Island Queen and Steamship Authority. Is one better than the other? Do any of them take passenger reservations? Is the Steamship Authority the only one that takes cars? Is it worth getting onto the waiting list for our car? Our plan is to rent a car once we are on the Vineyard because we apparently waited too long to get a vehicle registration.
We know we could also rent a car for a one way rental from Boston to the ferry. That would likely be a hassle, though.
The limo service is very, very expensive.
Are there any other options?
We were hoping to check out downtown Falmouth before we go across on the ferry, but would presumably need to take a cab, then, to get to the ferry. Are there cabs available? We do not have to do this part if it is too much of a hassle.
Thank you very much.
Read more: http://www.frommers.com/community/forum.cfm/united-states/massachusetts/getting-downtown-boston-mv-then-back-logan-airport#ixzz1Rv39tQl1
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 2 Franklin, TN
- 3 Western USA instead of XC road trip - Qs
- 4 Restaurants in or close to Cary, North Carolina
- 5 Alaska Road Trip (Anchorage-Denali-Valdez)
- 6 Restaurants in Kiawah Island, SC
- 7 Road Trip Loop San Fran south to Monterey - then -east
- 8 Portland-Seattle and lots more: Itinerary comments requested
- 9 For anyone driving I-5 thru central CA in the next week . . .
- 10 From NYC to DC...Bus Questions
- 11 Driving Salt Lake to Chicago
- 12 Route Dr. - FLA speed traps?
- 13 Alaska or northwestern states
- 14 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 15 Charleston and Savannah
- 16 Cody, WY --suggestions for short stop?
- 17 Tranquility Bay or Cheeca Lodge?
- 18 ALASKA FOR 7 DAYS
- 19 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
- 20 Any one found a fee free ATM around Point Pleasant, NJ area?
- 21 6 week West USA Family driving trip
- 22 Advise on trip
- 23 Best time to visit alaska
- 24 help getting through mobile, al
- 25 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?