I apologize if this has been asked before. I am trying to figure out the best way to get from Boston to Martha's Vineyard, leaving on a Monday in August from downtown Boston and returning to Logan airport on the following Monday, August 22nd. We will be traveling with our children who are 9 and 14. Here are my questions:
I have done some research and know that we can take the Peter Pan bus. Will that get us close to one of the ferries? I see that there are more than one ferry--Island Queen and Steamship Authority. Is one better than the other? Do any of them take passenger reservations? Is the Steamship Authority the only one that takes cars? Is it worth getting onto the waiting list for our car? Our plan is to rent a car once we are on the Vineyard because we apparently waited too long to get a vehicle registration.
We know we could also rent a car for a one way rental from Boston to the ferry. That would likely be a hassle, though.
The limo service is very, very expensive.
Are there any other options?
We were hoping to check out downtown Falmouth before we go across on the ferry, but would presumably need to take a cab, then, to get to the ferry. Are there cabs available? We do not have to do this part if it is too much of a hassle.
Thank you very much.
Read more: http://www.frommers.com/community/forum.cfm/united-states/massachusetts/getting-downtown-boston-mv-then-back-logan-airport#ixzz1Rv39tQl1
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 2 5 days in Colorado
- 3 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 4 Safety Concerns
- 5 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter
- 6 40th in Key West
- 7 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 8 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 9 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 10 Downtown Chicago
- 11 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 12 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 13 Planning Honeymoon with Handicapped fiance
- 14 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 15 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 16 What to do in San Diego
- 17 Nashville
- 18 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 19 Beaches in Florida
- 20 fort lauderdale
- 21 First Trip to Texas -
- 22 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 23 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 24 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 25 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP