I apologize if this has been asked before. I am trying to figure out the best way to get from Boston to Martha's Vineyard, leaving on a Monday in August from downtown Boston and returning to Logan airport on the following Monday, August 22nd. We will be traveling with our children who are 9 and 14. Here are my questions:
I have done some research and know that we can take the Peter Pan bus. Will that get us close to one of the ferries? I see that there are more than one ferry--Island Queen and Steamship Authority. Is one better than the other? Do any of them take passenger reservations? Is the Steamship Authority the only one that takes cars? Is it worth getting onto the waiting list for our car? Our plan is to rent a car once we are on the Vineyard because we apparently waited too long to get a vehicle registration.
We know we could also rent a car for a one way rental from Boston to the ferry. That would likely be a hassle, though.
The limo service is very, very expensive.
Are there any other options?
We were hoping to check out downtown Falmouth before we go across on the ferry, but would presumably need to take a cab, then, to get to the ferry. Are there cabs available? We do not have to do this part if it is too much of a hassle.
Thank you very much.
Read more: http://www.frommers.com/community/forum.cfm/united-states/massachusetts/getting-downtown-boston-mv-then-back-logan-airport#ixzz1Rv39tQl1
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 2 Steamboat in August
- 3 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 4 Depot Bay OR
- 5 South beach Miami to Key west driving map
- 6 Tour guide in Bend, OR, for Lava Caves?
- 7 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 8 Sim Card and Carrier Plan for Data in US and Canada for tourist
- 9 Newport Historic District - where is it? Walking tour?
- 10 Transportation from downtown Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport
- 11 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 12 Drive from San Fran to Portland or Seattle in winter
- 13 Movies to put you in the mood for a western road trip
- 14 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 15 Gotta Go To Stanford U Medical Center
- 16 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 17 1st trip to DC - for 2 nights
- 18 Las vegas +21
- 19 Phone SIM
- 20 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 21 Discount Broadway Show Tickets webistes
- 22 A June trip to Kauai
- 23 Samsonite Silhouette 7 repair part
- 24 Napa Valley Hotel
- 25 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?