I apologize if this has been asked before. I am trying to figure out the best way to get from Boston to Martha's Vineyard, leaving on a Monday in August from downtown Boston and returning to Logan airport on the following Monday, August 22nd. We will be traveling with our children who are 9 and 14. Here are my questions:
I have done some research and know that we can take the Peter Pan bus. Will that get us close to one of the ferries? I see that there are more than one ferry--Island Queen and Steamship Authority. Is one better than the other? Do any of them take passenger reservations? Is the Steamship Authority the only one that takes cars? Is it worth getting onto the waiting list for our car? Our plan is to rent a car once we are on the Vineyard because we apparently waited too long to get a vehicle registration.
We know we could also rent a car for a one way rental from Boston to the ferry. That would likely be a hassle, though.
The limo service is very, very expensive.
Are there any other options?
We were hoping to check out downtown Falmouth before we go across on the ferry, but would presumably need to take a cab, then, to get to the ferry. Are there cabs available? We do not have to do this part if it is too much of a hassle.
Thank you very much.
Read more: http://www.frommers.com/community/forum.cfm/united-states/massachusetts/getting-downtown-boston-mv-then-back-logan-airport#ixzz1Rv39tQl1
Boston to Martha's Vineyard
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Calf trip
- 2 Anyone there to help me!
- 3 Tipping advice
- 4 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 5 los angeles restaurants
- 6 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 7 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 8 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 9 West Maui Restaurants
- 10 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 11 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 12 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 13 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 14 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 15 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help
- 16 Key West Hotel in January
- 17 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 18 New Orleans Trip Report - Dec. 2014
- 19 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 20 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 21 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 22 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 23 4 week family trip ideas
- 24 x mas
- 25 Trip to Niagara Falls