I apologize if this has been asked before. I am trying to figure out the best way to get from Boston to Martha's Vineyard, leaving on a Monday in August from downtown Boston and returning to Logan airport on the following Monday, August 22nd. We will be traveling with our children who are 9 and 14. Here are my questions:
I have done some research and know that we can take the Peter Pan bus. Will that get us close to one of the ferries? I see that there are more than one ferry--Island Queen and Steamship Authority. Is one better than the other? Do any of them take passenger reservations? Is the Steamship Authority the only one that takes cars? Is it worth getting onto the waiting list for our car? Our plan is to rent a car once we are on the Vineyard because we apparently waited too long to get a vehicle registration.
We know we could also rent a car for a one way rental from Boston to the ferry. That would likely be a hassle, though.
The limo service is very, very expensive.
Are there any other options?
We were hoping to check out downtown Falmouth before we go across on the ferry, but would presumably need to take a cab, then, to get to the ferry. Are there cabs available? We do not have to do this part if it is too much of a hassle.
Thank you very much.
Read more: http://www.frommers.com/community/forum.cfm/united-states/massachusetts/getting-downtown-boston-mv-then-back-logan-airport#ixzz1Rv39tQl1
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.7supplements.org/max-testo-xl/
- 2 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 3 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 4 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 5 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 6 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 7 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 8 Coffee in Boston?
- 9 Nashville Never Been
- 10 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 11 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 12 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 13 Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas
- 14 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 15 Traveling in winter
- 16 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 17 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 18 Charleston & Savannah Lodging
- 19 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 20 New orleans recs for family
- 21 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 22 Later Winter around Mobile
- 23 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 24 Uber boston
- 25 Florida keys trip