I apologize if this has been asked before. I am trying to figure out the best way to get from Boston to Martha's Vineyard, leaving on a Monday in August from downtown Boston and returning to Logan airport on the following Monday, August 22nd. We will be traveling with our children who are 9 and 14. Here are my questions:
I have done some research and know that we can take the Peter Pan bus. Will that get us close to one of the ferries? I see that there are more than one ferry--Island Queen and Steamship Authority. Is one better than the other? Do any of them take passenger reservations? Is the Steamship Authority the only one that takes cars? Is it worth getting onto the waiting list for our car? Our plan is to rent a car once we are on the Vineyard because we apparently waited too long to get a vehicle registration.
We know we could also rent a car for a one way rental from Boston to the ferry. That would likely be a hassle, though.
The limo service is very, very expensive.
Are there any other options?
We were hoping to check out downtown Falmouth before we go across on the ferry, but would presumably need to take a cab, then, to get to the ferry. Are there cabs available? We do not have to do this part if it is too much of a hassle.
Thank you very much.
Read more: http://www.frommers.com/community/forum.cfm/united-states/massachusetts/getting-downtown-boston-mv-then-back-logan-airport#ixzz1Rv39tQl1
Boston to Martha's Vineyard
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 2 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 3 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 4 Brooklyn why?
- 5 New York City Restaurants
- 6 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 WISCONSIN
- 9 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 10 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 11 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 14 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 15 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 16 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 17 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 18 Dining in D.C.
- 19 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 20 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 21 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 22 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 23 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 24 Colorado in the summer!
- 25 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH