My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sarah Kendall Inn in Newport Rhode Island. When we arrived we were told we could park in back, which we did. The parking area consisted of 4 parking spots. However they did make mention of the fact that during the peak months, there is no parking on the street unless you have a sticker. They make no mention of parking on the Websitem Check out time was 11:00. The morning of our departure we awoke to painters setting up there ladders and equipment at 8:00am. When we went down to breakfast and discussed it with the Innkeeper his reponse was "well we have been waiting a long time for them to show up". He offered us no type of refund at all. In fact when My boyfriend went to settle our account, he mentioned that perhaps they could take something of off our bill, she replied "no, you are paying for the full two nights" in a very rude manner. We left very discouraged, and disgusted at the behavior of the innkeepers. I think its time they got our of the hospitality business!
Bad experience at a Bed and Breakfast
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 2 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 3 united and carry-ons
- 4 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 5 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 6 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 7 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 8 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 9 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 10 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 11 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 12 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 13 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 14 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 15 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 16 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 17 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 18 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 19 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 20 Philadelphia
- 21 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 22 USA with a 3 year old
- 23 First family ski trip
- 24 NYC theatre broadway
- 25 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York