My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sarah Kendall Inn in Newport Rhode Island. When we arrived we were told we could park in back, which we did. The parking area consisted of 4 parking spots. However they did make mention of the fact that during the peak months, there is no parking on the street unless you have a sticker. They make no mention of parking on the Websitem Check out time was 11:00. The morning of our departure we awoke to painters setting up there ladders and equipment at 8:00am. When we went down to breakfast and discussed it with the Innkeeper his reponse was "well we have been waiting a long time for them to show up". He offered us no type of refund at all. In fact when My boyfriend went to settle our account, he mentioned that perhaps they could take something of off our bill, she replied "no, you are paying for the full two nights" in a very rude manner. We left very discouraged, and disgusted at the behavior of the innkeepers. I think its time they got our of the hospitality business!
Bad experience at a Bed and Breakfast
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 2 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 3 Bring Distant Images to Life with Branded Binoculars and Scopes
- 4 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 5 San Francisco Transportation tips from Lombard Street!?
- 6 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 7 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 8 What are favorite small and large NYC restaurants?
- 9 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 10 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 11 We are going to Hawaii in October, have some questions:
- 12 Hawaii
- 13 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 14 3 days in Lake Travis area near Austin Texas
- 15 River Cafe
- 16 Predictions for peak leaf color in September?
- 17 Best place to spend NYE in LA with a young family
- 18 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 19 New Fire: Yosemite/Oakhurst
- 20 Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 21 How to Kill Time Overnite in NYC?
- 22 Long Island Advice
- 23 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 24 Recommendations for Moderately Priced Dining in Moab?
- 25 LA Long Weekend--Itinerary Help