My partner and I are heading to PV for 5 nights from Good Friday until the Wednesday after Easter Monday. We realize its going to be busy in PV with all the tourists and Mexican nationals vacationing.
Would anyone be able to recommend some beaches that are further away to avoid the crowds? Also how to best get there as we are staying at an airb&b right on the Malecon (I know...bad decision in hindsight but that's what we are stuck with).
Also what street parties/parades/festivals are fun during this time? We want to be able to enjoy this atmosphere of partying, culture and all that Semana Santa has to offer!
Overall I'm hoping that while the town will be busy and festive, we can also escape for some relaxation when we aren't looking to partake in the festivities.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 info needed on NW Mexico trip
- 2 Tulum Beachfront Lodging with Tweens
- 3 Need Help with Costa Rica
- 4 Cozumel airport transfers
- 5 Best plan - suggestions
- 6 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 7 Vacation choices
- 8 Puerto Vallarta
- 9 nicaragua-Rancho Santana
- 10 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 11 PV Questions about art, food, cooking classes!
- 12 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 13 Transportation between Granada, Nicaragua and Ometepe, Nicaragua
- 14 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 15 Isla Holbox - where did you stay?
- 16 Olmec Colossal Heads
- 17 Tour Guide - Mexico City
- 18 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 19 1/2 day excursions
- 20 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive
- 21 Going with the flow - 16 days in Costa Rica
- 22 top 8 cenotes to visit
- 23 Our recent trip to Costa Rica
- 24 San Miguel trivia
- 25 Where to stay in Cayo District