I am planning on doing a 1 month solo-trip around mexico. I will most likely fly in and out of Mexico city or Cancun as they have the most attractive airfares. I backpacked through nearly all of Central America last spring. I loved it but the more expensive airfare and the fact that I've been there already are discouraging me from going back, so I decided on Mexico.
I don't feel like rushing around too much this trip and would be happy to stay in one place for up to a week or so. I'm not interested in the resort towns and am hoping to avoid the most touristy areas. I've been to Tikal in Guatemala so ruins are not a priority of mine though I'd be happy to visit some it is not too far off my path.
Ideally I would like to get in some surfing (I'm a beginner/intermediate), maybe some scuba diving, though again not a priority, definitely some beach time, experience some Mexican culture and just chill out a bit. If you guys have any suggestions for towns/cities with lots to do and a good vibe I would love to hear them.
I hope to do this on a backpacker's budget of around 40$ a day, though I am willing to splurge when necessary (eg. Scuba). I would be traveling by bus, staying in hostels and eating street food whenever possible (much to the chagrin of my digestive system). I would love to hear your suggestions of places I should check out. Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://order4healthsupplement.com/instant-clear-skin-cream/
- 2 My thought go out towards Mexicans
- 3 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017
- 4 Airport Transfers from Los Cabos Airport
- 5 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 6 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 7 Manuel Antonio to Osa
- 8 playa del carmen what to do
- 9 Panama Canal Excursions
- 10 Mexico City. Oct 13-16. Haunted tours + Halloweend / Day of the Dead
- 11 Costa Rica private driver recommendations?
- 12 Giving back to Mexio
- 13 2 months in Central America
- 14 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 15 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 16 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 17 Cabo to San Miguel de Allende
- 18 Belize planning help
- 19 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 20 Excellent News!
- 21 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 22 Mexico earthquake
- 23 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 24 Cabo
- 25 Best plan - suggestions