I am planning on doing a 1 month solo-trip around mexico. I will most likely fly in and out of Mexico city or Cancun as they have the most attractive airfares. I backpacked through nearly all of Central America last spring. I loved it but the more expensive airfare and the fact that I've been there already are discouraging me from going back, so I decided on Mexico.
I don't feel like rushing around too much this trip and would be happy to stay in one place for up to a week or so. I'm not interested in the resort towns and am hoping to avoid the most touristy areas. I've been to Tikal in Guatemala so ruins are not a priority of mine though I'd be happy to visit some it is not too far off my path.
Ideally I would like to get in some surfing (I'm a beginner/intermediate), maybe some scuba diving, though again not a priority, definitely some beach time, experience some Mexican culture and just chill out a bit. If you guys have any suggestions for towns/cities with lots to do and a good vibe I would love to hear them.
I hope to do this on a backpacker's budget of around 40$ a day, though I am willing to splurge when necessary (eg. Scuba). I would be traveling by bus, staying in hostels and eating street food whenever possible (much to the chagrin of my digestive system). I would love to hear your suggestions of places I should check out. Thanks in advance!!
Mexico for 1 month, advice needed
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 30 Reasons Why You Should Visit Cozumel (in pictures)
- 2 Riu Santa Fe vs Palace
- 3 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 4 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 5 CAR RENTAL 4WD COSTA RICA
- 6 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 7 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 8 How to Reach Cancun Tourists
- 9 Costa Rica Osa Questions
- 10 Back from Bosque del Cabo
- 11 Costa Rica questions
- 12 costa rica
- 13 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 14 Costa Rica during Easter week?
- 15 Car rental Cancun
- 16 Three week backpacking adventure with kids….
- 17 Christmas in Puebla?
- 18 Volcanogirl Goes to Belize
- 19 Ideas for a graduation trip for 18 yr old
- 20 Thinking of Merida for 10 days or so this fall. Have some questions.
- 21 Viceroy Riviera Maya
- 22 Single Girl 50's looking for AI in Costa Rica
- 23 Driving from San Jose to Uvita-Suggestions for Fabulous Lunch Stop
- 24 Costa Rica Itinerary Help
- 25 Arenal Groupon