I am planning on doing a 1 month solo-trip around mexico. I will most likely fly in and out of Mexico city or Cancun as they have the most attractive airfares. I backpacked through nearly all of Central America last spring. I loved it but the more expensive airfare and the fact that I've been there already are discouraging me from going back, so I decided on Mexico.
I don't feel like rushing around too much this trip and would be happy to stay in one place for up to a week or so. I'm not interested in the resort towns and am hoping to avoid the most touristy areas. I've been to Tikal in Guatemala so ruins are not a priority of mine though I'd be happy to visit some it is not too far off my path.
Ideally I would like to get in some surfing (I'm a beginner/intermediate), maybe some scuba diving, though again not a priority, definitely some beach time, experience some Mexican culture and just chill out a bit. If you guys have any suggestions for towns/cities with lots to do and a good vibe I would love to hear them.
I hope to do this on a backpacker's budget of around 40$ a day, though I am willing to splurge when necessary (eg. Scuba). I would be traveling by bus, staying in hostels and eating street food whenever possible (much to the chagrin of my digestive system). I would love to hear your suggestions of places I should check out. Thanks in advance!!
Mexico for 1 month, advice needed
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 A Week in Montezuma
- 2 Looking for a hotel package that includes both beach and rainforest
- 3 Best Places to Visit in Mexico
- 4 time needed to depart San Jose airport
- 5 Costa Rica at Christmas?
- 6 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 7 Renting a car in Cancun
- 8 First trip to Ajijic-Advice Needed
- 9 Yucatan - April 2015 Mayan Ruin week trip - Need help planning
- 10 Unreliable www.cancuntransfers.com - DO NOT USE their service
- 11 best hotel for family traveling with young adults in Panama City
- 12 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 13 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 14 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 15 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 16 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 17 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 18 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 19 Best country to deep sea fish in May?
- 20 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 21 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 22 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 23 Belize Itinerary help!
- 24 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 25 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?