Hi to all,
My sister and I will be in Dublin for 6 days in June. In order to get the best assistance possible from my fellow Fodor,ers I am including our travel time. We will be arriving in Dublin on June 7th at 2:30 pm and leaving on June 12th at 2:50 pm. We are staying right in the centre of Dublin ( on Copper Alley), so our first day will most probably be spent walking around the Temple Bar area and getting to know our neighbourhood (given we are not too jet lagged).
We purchased a 2 day Dublin pass along with a 3 day Freedom pass all ready, since we got a good deal. We first thought of using the Dublin pass on the 8th and 9th but realised that doing it that way would only leave us 2 full days to sightsee outside of Dublin. Now, my sister and I have been talking and we are thinking about using the 8,9 and 10th of June for sight seeing outside of Dublin and using our Dublin pass on the 11th all day and doing a full morning of sight seeing on the 12th, before our departure to the airport at around 1:00 pm .
On these two days (11 and 12) (one full and one-half) we would like to visit these sites:
Old Jameson Distillery
Is the visit to these sites feasible in one and a half day? Does the Freedom pass include the travel/transport to Kilmainham Goal and Malahide Castle?
We have taken off the idea of visiting Cliff's of Moher, since we do not want to sit on the bus for 8 hours or so,and therefore loosing a day sitting on a bus seat.
Instead, we where thinking about a visit to Kilkenny and another to Blarney, but would like to know if it's doable by bus? If so, how much is the bus ride? Where do we buy the tickets? We wanted to compare the fares with a tour bus and see if it would be worth it to do it on our own without having to follow a group.
Now, if our plan to do the Dublin visit in one and a half day works out, we have one full day left. What other place should we visit outside Dublin?
Thank you all in advance for your time.
Visit to Dublin for 6 days.. Need Help with plans.
Hi to all,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 North Coast Cornwall Walks
- 2 First time to London- which luxury hotel
- 3 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 4 Colosseum day or Night Tour
- 5 Paris or Rome in March or possibly September/October
- 6 Bus ride to Positano
- 7 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 8 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 9 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 10 Suggestions for What To Do in Bologna or Surrounds on May 1
- 11 Slovenia itinerary
- 12 5 day Barcelona itineary
- 13 Naughty or Nice beaches in Nice, FR
- 14 Paris Hotels- Le Meurice or Le Royal Monceau Raffles
- 15 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 16 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 17 Is Capri overrated?
- 18 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 19 transport from Central London to Southampton
- 20 Two days in Switzerland, landing in Geneva
- 21 9 days in switzerland
- 22 5 day Madrid itinerary help
- 23 Driving in Germany and Austria
- 24 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 25 Madrid, Andalusia, Lisbon public transport and itinerary suggestions