Hiking in europe for young people

Old May 27th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiking in europe for young people

Hello,

I'm currently backpacking through europe, and being only 26 have been partying a bit to much and would like to do some hiking and actully try and see a bit more of this beutifull area in the world. I'm from Australia but have a swedish passport so I'm free to travel the EU. I was thinking of doing a guided hiking tour in east europe, maybe in the Tatra mountains or Romania. I have been looking up tour compienies eg. peregrine, rick steves, hiddentrails etc and was wondering if anyone had one they could recommend with good value for money and a good guides. I'm very laid back so don't mind if I'm with people twice my age, I'll probably learn a lot more, and quite fit so can do harder tours. I was hoping to do it in the next month or 2. I'd like to see a bit of everything, weather it be nature, historical sites/ruins or just typical local villages.

Thanks, Lars
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 05:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.ramblersholidays.co.uk/
I have used this company quite a few times,mainly over 40's but they also do specilal under 40's and family stuff.A wide variety of hikes offered from more tourist orientated stuff to some real hard core.
You can arrange to meet up with them in the countries/cities the trips are based in.From experience their is a mix of couples and singles and the evenings are arrange round communal meals often taken in various resturants in the area rather than in the hotel they are based in.