Can anyone please help us with advice regarding Vallata, Italy. My grandparents were born and married there before immigrating to the United States. My family and I are planning our first trip to Italy, December 21 - January 5 and would very much like to visit the town while we are there.
We are flying in and out of Milan because our son is at the University. We are hoping to plan a trip such that we route through Florence and Rome (maybe other stops) as we travel south toward Vallata which is inland from Napoli.
Any and all advice would be appreciated regarding trip planning, and especially advice on how best to reach Vallata (hopefully there is a train or bus? - maybe from Napoli?). Also, our trip is during the Christmas holiday, will that pose special problems or restrictions?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 2 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 3 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 4 2 Months in Sicily
- 5 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 6 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 7 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 8 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 9 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 10 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 11 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 12 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 13 Azores
- 14 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 15 Sundays in Puglia
- 16 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 17 Prague
- 18 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 19 What tips can you give about packing?
- 20 Sim Card Options
- 21 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 22 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 23 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 24 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 25 Como Bus to Bellagio