Can anyone please help us with advice regarding Vallata, Italy. My grandparents were born and married there before immigrating to the United States. My family and I are planning our first trip to Italy, December 21 - January 5 and would very much like to visit the town while we are there.
We are flying in and out of Milan because our son is at the University. We are hoping to plan a trip such that we route through Florence and Rome (maybe other stops) as we travel south toward Vallata which is inland from Napoli.
Any and all advice would be appreciated regarding trip planning, and especially advice on how best to reach Vallata (hopefully there is a train or bus? - maybe from Napoli?). Also, our trip is during the Christmas holiday, will that pose special problems or restrictions?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 2 Munich with a car?
- 3 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 4 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 5 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 6 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 7 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 8 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 9 Itinerary Help!
- 10 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 11 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 12 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 13 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 14 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 15 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 16 He said , she said
- 17 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 18 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 19 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 20 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 21 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 22 Toulouse and beyond -
- 23 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 24 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 25 tour guides in rome