Can anyone please help us with advice regarding Vallata, Italy. My grandparents were born and married there before immigrating to the United States. My family and I are planning our first trip to Italy, December 21 - January 5 and would very much like to visit the town while we are there.
We are flying in and out of Milan because our son is at the University. We are hoping to plan a trip such that we route through Florence and Rome (maybe other stops) as we travel south toward Vallata which is inland from Napoli.
Any and all advice would be appreciated regarding trip planning, and especially advice on how best to reach Vallata (hopefully there is a train or bus? - maybe from Napoli?). Also, our trip is during the Christmas holiday, will that pose special problems or restrictions?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 2 Spain traffic tickets
- 3 Reputable Tours
- 4 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 5 Easter Itinerary Advice, Rome, Parma, Venice, Stresa, Grindelwald
- 6 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 7 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 8 Southern Spain
- 9 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 10 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 11 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 12 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 13 Best Location to Stay in Barcelona
- 14 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 15 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 16 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 17 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 18 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 19 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 20 Portugal Trip
- 21 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 22 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 23 Euro Trivia quiz #11 - Know Your Bordering Countries?
- 24 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 25 Salzburg and day trips