Can anyone please help us with advice regarding Vallata, Italy. My grandparents were born and married there before immigrating to the United States. My family and I are planning our first trip to Italy, December 21 - January 5 and would very much like to visit the town while we are there.
We are flying in and out of Milan because our son is at the University. We are hoping to plan a trip such that we route through Florence and Rome (maybe other stops) as we travel south toward Vallata which is inland from Napoli.
Any and all advice would be appreciated regarding trip planning, and especially advice on how best to reach Vallata (hopefully there is a train or bus? - maybe from Napoli?). Also, our trip is during the Christmas holiday, will that pose special problems or restrictions?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 2 Fashion for larger man?
- 3 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 4 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 5 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 6 Small group for Colosseum
- 7 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 8 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 9 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 10 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 11 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 12 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 13 What to wear
- 14 London 2nd time around
- 15 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 16 german rail ticket question
- 17 Madrid and London
- 18 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 19 Arc de Triumph Question
- 20 Greek ferries
- 21 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 22 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 23 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 24 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 25 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??