Can anyone please help us with advice regarding Vallata, Italy. My grandparents were born and married there before immigrating to the United States. My family and I are planning our first trip to Italy, December 21 - January 5 and would very much like to visit the town while we are there.
We are flying in and out of Milan because our son is at the University. We are hoping to plan a trip such that we route through Florence and Rome (maybe other stops) as we travel south toward Vallata which is inland from Napoli.
Any and all advice would be appreciated regarding trip planning, and especially advice on how best to reach Vallata (hopefully there is a train or bus? - maybe from Napoli?). Also, our trip is during the Christmas holiday, will that pose special problems or restrictions?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French restaurants
- 2 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 3 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 4 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 5 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 6 Tour groups
- 7 Driving in Italy?
- 8 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 9 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 10 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 11 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 12 Super Cover For Hertz
- 13 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 14 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 15 Baby Milk
- 16 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 17 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 18 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 19 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 20 Hotel in Vienna
- 21 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 24 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 25 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas