Can anyone please help us with advice regarding Vallata, Italy. My grandparents were born and married there before immigrating to the United States. My family and I are planning our first trip to Italy, December 21 - January 5 and would very much like to visit the town while we are there.
We are flying in and out of Milan because our son is at the University. We are hoping to plan a trip such that we route through Florence and Rome (maybe other stops) as we travel south toward Vallata which is inland from Napoli.
Any and all advice would be appreciated regarding trip planning, and especially advice on how best to reach Vallata (hopefully there is a train or bus? - maybe from Napoli?). Also, our trip is during the Christmas holiday, will that pose special problems or restrictions?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 2 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 3 Frankfurt to UK
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 God Save the Queen?
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 9 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 12 9 Days in Spain
- 13 Barcelona alternative
- 14 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 15 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 16 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 Spanish Medical Providers
- 19 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 20 Paris to Italy
- 21 Driving through Paris
- 22 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 23 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 24 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 25 Road trip with our dog