Can anyone please help us with advice regarding Vallata, Italy. My grandparents were born and married there before immigrating to the United States. My family and I are planning our first trip to Italy, December 21 - January 5 and would very much like to visit the town while we are there.
We are flying in and out of Milan because our son is at the University. We are hoping to plan a trip such that we route through Florence and Rome (maybe other stops) as we travel south toward Vallata which is inland from Napoli.
Any and all advice would be appreciated regarding trip planning, and especially advice on how best to reach Vallata (hopefully there is a train or bus? - maybe from Napoli?). Also, our trip is during the Christmas holiday, will that pose special problems or restrictions?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 2 Seeing the Vatican in Rome
- 3 Croatia before a river cruise?
- 4 Transport around Europe
- 5 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 6 German train transfer times
- 7 Apartment (and surrounding area) input request for Paris
- 8 Amsterdam Bruges London Paris - 11 nights?
- 9 The Definitive Guide to Behave Like A Local in Spain
- 10 What's your best driving experience in Europe?
- 11 Educate me about Munich
- 12 Driving the corniche de l'esteral coast?
- 13 Paris 9/30 (Tues) to 10/6 (Tues). GTG anyone?
- 14 Best places for Pinchos in Barcelona?
- 15 Merces neighborhood, Lisbon
- 16 MXP to Florence
- 17 pick pockets in Rome
- 18 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 19 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 20 16 Countries in 30 days
- 21 Paris - Public Toilets Are a Changing...
- 22 Rental apartment in Limassol Cyprus
- 23 Venturing even further
- 24 Phone for GPS in Italy/Europe--T Mobile Simple Choice ? Buy a SIM card?
- 25 Paris in April