Can anyone please help us with advice regarding Vallata, Italy. My grandparents were born and married there before immigrating to the United States. My family and I are planning our first trip to Italy, December 21 - January 5 and would very much like to visit the town while we are there.
We are flying in and out of Milan because our son is at the University. We are hoping to plan a trip such that we route through Florence and Rome (maybe other stops) as we travel south toward Vallata which is inland from Napoli.
Any and all advice would be appreciated regarding trip planning, and especially advice on how best to reach Vallata (hopefully there is a train or bus? - maybe from Napoli?). Also, our trip is during the Christmas holiday, will that pose special problems or restrictions?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hi altitude limitations in Switzerland
- 2 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 3 Walking GPS?
- 4 Capri, Amalfi Coast, Naples in late June/early July
- 5 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 6 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 7 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 8 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 9 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 10 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 11 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?
- 12 Cost of Van from CDG
- 13 Portugal trains
- 14 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 15 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 16 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 17 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 18 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 19 AVE Train ticket purchase in Spain
- 20 Bus to Cadaques ?
- 21 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 22 5 hours in Genoa or next to Genoa?
- 23 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 24 New Dublin Museum
- 25 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion