Can anyone please help us with advice regarding Vallata, Italy. My grandparents were born and married there before immigrating to the United States. My family and I are planning our first trip to Italy, December 21 - January 5 and would very much like to visit the town while we are there.
We are flying in and out of Milan because our son is at the University. We are hoping to plan a trip such that we route through Florence and Rome (maybe other stops) as we travel south toward Vallata which is inland from Napoli.
Any and all advice would be appreciated regarding trip planning, and especially advice on how best to reach Vallata (hopefully there is a train or bus? - maybe from Napoli?). Also, our trip is during the Christmas holiday, will that pose special problems or restrictions?
Thank you in advance.
- 1 Rome Accommodation
- 2 TGV and Provence questions
- 3 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 4 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 5 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 6 London for Christmas
- 7 Garmisch, Nuremberg and Munich Nov trip
- 8 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 9 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 10 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 11 Chambermaid tipping
- 12 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 13 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 14 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 15 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 16 Italian Lakes gardens
- 17 Greek islands from Turkey
- 18 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 19 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 20 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 21 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 22 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 23 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 Madrid to Sevilla