Can anyone please help us with advice regarding Vallata, Italy. My grandparents were born and married there before immigrating to the United States. My family and I are planning our first trip to Italy, December 21 - January 5 and would very much like to visit the town while we are there.
We are flying in and out of Milan because our son is at the University. We are hoping to plan a trip such that we route through Florence and Rome (maybe other stops) as we travel south toward Vallata which is inland from Napoli.
Any and all advice would be appreciated regarding trip planning, and especially advice on how best to reach Vallata (hopefully there is a train or bus? - maybe from Napoli?). Also, our trip is during the Christmas holiday, will that pose special problems or restrictions?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Delta First Class seats- how far in advance should I book?
- 2 returning car at europcar's Des Ternes location in Paris
- 3 Hotel/Hostel Recommendations
- 4 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 5 Charming town in Noway to visit?
- 6 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 7 Trip Report: Ghent, Normandy and Brittany
- 8 6 nights in Dublin
- 9 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 10 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 11 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 12 Guys please Help, Italy areas, where to stay. Running out of time.
- 13 On foot Gibraltar queue
- 14 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 15 Stamp from consulate instead of student visa?
- 16 An ambitions plan for Andalusia
- 17 Venice: Shopping Question
- 18 Provence planning
- 19 9 days to visit Paris, London and maybe Florence?!
- 20 Help with honeymoon itinerary - Paris, Barcelona and South of Spain
- 21 A wonderful month in France
- 22 Brugges to Bayeux to Versailles
- 23 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 24 Best Area to Stay in Galway - Walk to Pubs
- 25 Provence Planning Help