Can anyone please help us with advice regarding Vallata, Italy. My grandparents were born and married there before immigrating to the United States. My family and I are planning our first trip to Italy, December 21 - January 5 and would very much like to visit the town while we are there.
We are flying in and out of Milan because our son is at the University. We are hoping to plan a trip such that we route through Florence and Rome (maybe other stops) as we travel south toward Vallata which is inland from Napoli.
Any and all advice would be appreciated regarding trip planning, and especially advice on how best to reach Vallata (hopefully there is a train or bus? - maybe from Napoli?). Also, our trip is during the Christmas holiday, will that pose special problems or restrictions?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Ireland over-run by euro tourists this summer?
- 2 restaurants near Grosvenor House
- 3 Russia - GO or not?
- 4 Florence sites in a day and a half? with guide?
- 5 8 Day trip to Swiss and France
- 6 Sarajevo ? Mostar ? How many days?
- 7 Paris removes Pont des Arts love locks
- 8 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 9 CDG terminal 2E arrival question
- 10 Valencia - Finally going and need advice
- 11 How to get from Positano to Nocelle
- 12 Interlaken vs. Bern
- 13 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 14 Hotel Iturregi or Saiaz Getaria Hotel in Basque Region (Getaria)
- 15 stay in fuschl or St Wolfgang
- 16 Lucca Hotel Easy to get to Pisa Airport
- 17 Best company for car hire in Padua
- 18 Advice on cell phone/options while traveling
- 19 The best hotel in Naples for last night in Italy!
- 20 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 21 Nine Cities in 9 months!
- 22 France and Spain: 14 days: no set plans, HELP!!!
- 23 Traveling in Europe before a study visa in Italy
- 24 Data Sim Card
- 25 Honeymoon to Italy/France "Two for the Road"