Can anyone please help us with advice regarding Vallata, Italy. My grandparents were born and married there before immigrating to the United States. My family and I are planning our first trip to Italy, December 21 - January 5 and would very much like to visit the town while we are there.
We are flying in and out of Milan because our son is at the University. We are hoping to plan a trip such that we route through Florence and Rome (maybe other stops) as we travel south toward Vallata which is inland from Napoli.
Any and all advice would be appreciated regarding trip planning, and especially advice on how best to reach Vallata (hopefully there is a train or bus? - maybe from Napoli?). Also, our trip is during the Christmas holiday, will that pose special problems or restrictions?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 2 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 3 Shopping in Paris
- 4 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 5 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 6 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 7 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 8 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 9 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 10 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 11 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 12 Harry Potter WB Studio entrance time - London
- 13 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 14 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 15 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 16 Switzerland in 8 days
- 17 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 18 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 19 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 20 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 21 planning confusion
- 22 Croatia Itenerary
- 23 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.
- 24 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 25 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip