Can anyone please help us with advice regarding Vallata, Italy. My grandparents were born and married there before immigrating to the United States. My family and I are planning our first trip to Italy, December 21 - January 5 and would very much like to visit the town while we are there.
We are flying in and out of Milan because our son is at the University. We are hoping to plan a trip such that we route through Florence and Rome (maybe other stops) as we travel south toward Vallata which is inland from Napoli.
Any and all advice would be appreciated regarding trip planning, and especially advice on how best to reach Vallata (hopefully there is a train or bus? - maybe from Napoli?). Also, our trip is during the Christmas holiday, will that pose special problems or restrictions?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Days in Bernese Oberland
- 2 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 3 Has anyone stayed at the Darlington Hyde Park?
- 4 Bremerhaven and environs
- 5 Edam, Volendam & Marken day trip?
- 6 France is losing the core of its historic provincial towns
- 7 2 Weeks In and out of Paris...Itinerary Help?
- 8 Prague and Budapest
- 9 Scotland 5 day itinerary
- 10 itinerary planning apps
- 11 Hurry to France before it loses it's frenchness
- 12 Bring US appliances to Germany?
- 13 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 14 12-14 nights enough ?
- 15 Need help with my itinerary
- 16 Lucerne to Rome on Swiss pass
- 17 Dijon RAVE - My Home in Dijon
- 18 Mt. Etna wakes up
- 19 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 20 Transpennine Express-Ticket/No Seat Res
- 21 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 22 Tuscany Trip
- 23 Calling all Iceland mavens.
- 24 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 25 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April