Can anyone please help us with advice regarding Vallata, Italy. My grandparents were born and married there before immigrating to the United States. My family and I are planning our first trip to Italy, December 21 - January 5 and would very much like to visit the town while we are there.
We are flying in and out of Milan because our son is at the University. We are hoping to plan a trip such that we route through Florence and Rome (maybe other stops) as we travel south toward Vallata which is inland from Napoli.
Any and all advice would be appreciated regarding trip planning, and especially advice on how best to reach Vallata (hopefully there is a train or bus? - maybe from Napoli?). Also, our trip is during the Christmas holiday, will that pose special problems or restrictions?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel in Venice
- 2 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 3 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 4 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 5 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 6 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 7 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 8 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 9 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 10 Paris to Rome
- 11 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 12 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 13 London tube
- 14 bath or york
- 15 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 16 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 17 Lavender Fields
- 18 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 19 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 20 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 21 Local Tour in Provence?
- 22 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 23 Ste Remy France
- 24 car rental info
- 25 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona