Hello my fellow Wanderlusts,
After getting some excellent advice and ideas from you guys for our memorable California road trip, me and wife both aged 27 are back to hear your feedback and suggestions on our upcoming Road trip in Turkey this September. We have included some flying in between our 8 day trip to save us some time travelling and give us more time experiencing places which are worth more. I have provided our first draft Itinerary and would love to know if there are any detours worth taking, or places to spend more time or places where it might not be worth spending so much time. Thank you in advance folks.
September 13 Afternoon : Arrival in Istanbul.
September 13, 14, 15 Morning: Visiting and experiencing Places, people and food in Istanbul.
September 15 Afternoon : Flying to Izmir. Renting a Car and driving to Ephesus. Touring Ephesus and driving on to Fethiye, spending the night in Fethiye.
Spetember 16 early morning: Start driving by the Coast to Kas and until Antalya enjoying the mountains and the beaches, stopping in Antalya for the night.
September 17: Driving until Cappadocia stopping to visit Konya on the way and retiring for the night in Cappadocia.
September 18: Doing the early morning first ballloon ride over the valley and then flying back to Istanbul from Nevseehir after spending some time in cappadocia.
Resting and a big of shoping strolling in Istanbul for one last night and catching a plane back to Canada on September 19th.
I realize we are missing Pamkkale but I have heard the springs are not as beautiful with as much water as they used to be. Is it worth going there or it is still a must visit place. Any other small offbeat towns or places we can visit on the way?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 2 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 3 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 4 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 5 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 8 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 9 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 10 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 11 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 12 Bruges
- 13 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 14 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 15 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 16 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 17 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 18 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 19 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 20 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 21 Planning A trip
- 22 A week in the Occitanie
- 23 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
Hello my fellow Wanderlusts,