I'm going to be working in France and plan to take about four days on my own once my work is done. I lived in Paris many years ago and have been back a lot. I LOVE Paris! I'm trying to decide if I should spend those days on my own in Paris or head by train somewhere within a couple hours from Paris.
I'll be traveling alone and if I go somewhere outside Paris, I'd like it to be convenient without a car. A place I can get around easily, maybe do some hiking/walking, something active. And, of course, wine! My work will end up at the train station at CDG so I'll be right there ready to either take the RER into Paris or take the train somewhere else. Some relaxing time will be in order too, since my work will be fairly hectic. Any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 2 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 3 God Save the Queen?
- 4 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 7 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 8 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 Paris to Italy
- 11 9 Days in Spain
- 12 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 15 Frankfurt to UK
- 16 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 17 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 18 Spanish Medical Providers
- 19 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 20 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 21 Iceland
- 22 Milan or Turin
- 23 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 24 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 25 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old