I'm going to be working in France and plan to take about four days on my own once my work is done. I lived in Paris many years ago and have been back a lot. I LOVE Paris! I'm trying to decide if I should spend those days on my own in Paris or head by train somewhere within a couple hours from Paris.
I'll be traveling alone and if I go somewhere outside Paris, I'd like it to be convenient without a car. A place I can get around easily, maybe do some hiking/walking, something active. And, of course, wine! My work will end up at the train station at CDG so I'll be right there ready to either take the RER into Paris or take the train somewhere else. Some relaxing time will be in order too, since my work will be fairly hectic. Any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 2 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 3 London Hotels
- 4 Europe itinerary questions
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Back from Paris
- 7 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 8 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 9 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 10 1 month in Europe
- 11 Paris hotels
- 12 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 13 10 days in Paris and......
- 14 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 15 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 16 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 17 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 18 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 19 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 20 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 21 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 22 LIsbon
- 23 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 24 Iceland in 7 days.
- 25 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139