Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Chansons, Bal Musette and Guinguette in Paris

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 08:37 AM
Roberto

Am planning a trip to Paris in late spring and would like to know about your experiences in visiting specific cafes, clubs or cabarets that feature the old 30's and 40's chansons, bal musette and guinguette that still operate. The guide books are not very helpful about days, times or how current their info is. Any web sites to check? Thanks!<BR>

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 08:50 AM
wendy

R~<BR><BR>There are a few I've heard of in Paris, but the only one I have experince with is Le Lapin Agile in my neighborhood of Monmartre, behind Sacre-Coeur. (I live between the states and Paris.) <BR><BR>New Morning and Duc Lombards are two jazz clubs that sometimes feature what you are looking for, but not on a regular basis...Pariscope will let you know a week in advance, but it may list something now that will make a 'run' through spring.<BR><BR>If anyone knows any web site(s) I too, would be very interested!<BR><BR>Bonne chance~<BR>Wendy

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 08:52 AM
wendy

oops, I just got back last night, excuse the spelling due to jetlag! experince=experience<BR><BR>

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 09:16 AM
Betty

Assuming you read French, try http://www.culture-guinguette.com/gu...cadreguin.html These are not IN Paris, but nearby.

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 09:35 PM
Sue

I was at Au Lapin Agile in Montmartre about 10 yrs. ago; I posted a question about it a few days ago, and someone responded that it is still lots of fun. It gives a glimpse of by-gone days of cabarets in Paris; it was one of the haunts of Picasso, Sartre, etc.

Old Nov 19th, 2005, 07:13 PM

ANYONE KNOW OF OTHER BAL MUSETTES?

Globe trekker took people to one but I can see where it is. Le Vieux Belleville looked it was on Kanterbran???
Old Nov 19th, 2005, 07:31 PM

I posted this on your other thread:

http://www.thiscityparis.com/guinguettes.html