We are flying to Geneva (round trip). We (2 couples)were planning to be in French, German and Italian parts (even visit Milan for 1 day), but after reading many messages posted here, I am not sure that it is a good idea. I've been told that I have to visit Basel. So far nobody say anything about this town.
How many days would you suggest to stay in Vavey - Bern/Basel- Luzen/Interlaken- Lugano regions, when you have 9 nights?
Our son is taking a semester in Geneva and he bought a small car which he would lend us. So, since the car is given to us, is it any advantage to our trip or a headache?
Is it still cheaper traveling by car (with a gas $7 per gallon_, than traveling by train? Is any good combination of having both? Should we consider to leave a car somewhere and take a train? It that case, should we buy a discount train ticket?
Do you have any experience with Bad and Breakfast ? Any suggestions?
I was looking for the apartments but could not find anything for 1-2 nights.
Switzerland 10 days by car
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 To Paris and Provence in June
- 3 Channel Islands
- 4 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 5 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 6 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 7 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 8 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 9 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 10 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 11 Barcelona Transfers
- 12 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 13 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 14 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 15 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 16 WOW Russia Tours St. Petersburg
- 17 Ireland in a week
- 18 Spain - Andalucia
- 19 TGV and Provence questions
- 20 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 21 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 22 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 23 2 Week European Itinerary
- 24 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 25 Car in Prague