We are flying to Geneva (round trip). We (2 couples)were planning to be in French, German and Italian parts (even visit Milan for 1 day), but after reading many messages posted here, I am not sure that it is a good idea. I've been told that I have to visit Basel. So far nobody say anything about this town.
How many days would you suggest to stay in Vavey - Bern/Basel- Luzen/Interlaken- Lugano regions, when you have 9 nights?
Our son is taking a semester in Geneva and he bought a small car which he would lend us. So, since the car is given to us, is it any advantage to our trip or a headache?
Is it still cheaper traveling by car (with a gas $7 per gallon_, than traveling by train? Is any good combination of having both? Should we consider to leave a car somewhere and take a train? It that case, should we buy a discount train ticket?
Do you have any experience with Bad and Breakfast ? Any suggestions?
I was looking for the apartments but could not find anything for 1-2 nights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains in Italy
- 2 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 3 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 4 First Solo Adventure
- 5 Sicily help
- 6 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 7 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 8 Regent Seven Seas Cruise?
- 9 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 10 Stu Tower
- 11 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 12 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 13 PARIS
- 14 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 15 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 16 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 17 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 18 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 19 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 20 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 21 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 22 Airline to Rome
- 23 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 24 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 25 Alitala