We are flying to Geneva (round trip). We (2 couples)were planning to be in French, German and Italian parts (even visit Milan for 1 day), but after reading many messages posted here, I am not sure that it is a good idea. I've been told that I have to visit Basel. So far nobody say anything about this town.
How many days would you suggest to stay in Vavey - Bern/Basel- Luzen/Interlaken- Lugano regions, when you have 9 nights?
Our son is taking a semester in Geneva and he bought a small car which he would lend us. So, since the car is given to us, is it any advantage to our trip or a headache?
Is it still cheaper traveling by car (with a gas $7 per gallon_, than traveling by train? Is any good combination of having both? Should we consider to leave a car somewhere and take a train? It that case, should we buy a discount train ticket?
Do you have any experience with Bad and Breakfast ? Any suggestions?
I was looking for the apartments but could not find anything for 1-2 nights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 2 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 3 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 4 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 5 London and Normandy
- 6 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 7 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 8 Paris and Normandy
- 9 rent muscle car in Norway
- 10 2-3 week Europe itinerary - help!
- 11 How do I private message a person?
- 12 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 13 Burgundy and Lyon
- 14 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #173
- 15 Hotel or aparthotel recommendations in Lyon?
- 16 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?
- 17 best boucherons in Lyon?
- 18 Switzerland 7 days from Zurich
- 19 Visiting Lyon
- 20 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 21 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 22 sommerrodelbahn (luge, bobsled, toboggan, alpine coaster) near Salzburg?
- 23 Athens International Airport customs and baggage reclaim
- 24 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 25 Need help with 3 days in Salzburg area