We are flying to Geneva (round trip). We (2 couples)were planning to be in French, German and Italian parts (even visit Milan for 1 day), but after reading many messages posted here, I am not sure that it is a good idea. I've been told that I have to visit Basel. So far nobody say anything about this town.
How many days would you suggest to stay in Vavey - Bern/Basel- Luzen/Interlaken- Lugano regions, when you have 9 nights?
Our son is taking a semester in Geneva and he bought a small car which he would lend us. So, since the car is given to us, is it any advantage to our trip or a headache?
Is it still cheaper traveling by car (with a gas $7 per gallon_, than traveling by train? Is any good combination of having both? Should we consider to leave a car somewhere and take a train? It that case, should we buy a discount train ticket?
Do you have any experience with Bad and Breakfast ? Any suggestions?
I was looking for the apartments but could not find anything for 1-2 nights.
Switzerland 10 days by car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 2 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 3 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 4 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 5 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 6 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 7 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 8 Greece after the Vote
- 9 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 10 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 11 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 12 Back to Provence in 2015
- 13 Spain trip report
- 14 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 15 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 16 Rocamaxour
- 17 Traffic Violation fine - don't they want my money?
- 18 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 19 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 20 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 21 Day Trips from Paris
- 22 How to see Yorkshire and Northern England in 3-4 nights without a car
- 23 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 24 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 25 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography