We are flying to Geneva (round trip). We (2 couples)were planning to be in French, German and Italian parts (even visit Milan for 1 day), but after reading many messages posted here, I am not sure that it is a good idea. I've been told that I have to visit Basel. So far nobody say anything about this town.
How many days would you suggest to stay in Vavey - Bern/Basel- Luzen/Interlaken- Lugano regions, when you have 9 nights?
Our son is taking a semester in Geneva and he bought a small car which he would lend us. So, since the car is given to us, is it any advantage to our trip or a headache?
Is it still cheaper traveling by car (with a gas $7 per gallon_, than traveling by train? Is any good combination of having both? Should we consider to leave a car somewhere and take a train? It that case, should we buy a discount train ticket?
Do you have any experience with Bad and Breakfast ? Any suggestions?
I was looking for the apartments but could not find anything for 1-2 nights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 2 French immersion courses in France
- 3 Visiting Spain in January
- 4 Car Rentals
- 5 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 6 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 7 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 8 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 9 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 10 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 11 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 12 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 13 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 14 Riga or Krakow for Christmas break?
- 15 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 16 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 17 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 18 Paris---baguette question???
- 19 Europe in late January
- 20 Berlin
- 21 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 22 Where to stay in London?
- 23 What type of visa is right for me?
- 24 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 25 Puglia & Matera in photos