We are flying to Geneva (round trip). We (2 couples)were planning to be in French, German and Italian parts (even visit Milan for 1 day), but after reading many messages posted here, I am not sure that it is a good idea. I've been told that I have to visit Basel. So far nobody say anything about this town.
How many days would you suggest to stay in Vavey - Bern/Basel- Luzen/Interlaken- Lugano regions, when you have 9 nights?
Our son is taking a semester in Geneva and he bought a small car which he would lend us. So, since the car is given to us, is it any advantage to our trip or a headache?
Is it still cheaper traveling by car (with a gas $7 per gallon_, than traveling by train? Is any good combination of having both? Should we consider to leave a car somewhere and take a train? It that case, should we buy a discount train ticket?
Do you have any experience with Bad and Breakfast ? Any suggestions?
I was looking for the apartments but could not find anything for 1-2 nights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 dui convitions - limiting travel?
- 2 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 3 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 4 Avignon or St. remy
- 5 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 6 Spain / Barcelona, Seville & Toledo - May 2017
- 7 Camino Redux
- 8 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 9 Swiss Flex pass and half fare pass
- 10 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 11 Naxos hotel question
- 12 PLITVICE LAKES
- 13 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 14 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 15 Reykjavik Trip Report
- 16 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 17 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 18 Update on buying SIM Card at FCO
- 19 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 20 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 21 Tuscany in late Oct / early Nov 2016?
- 22 Juangfrau / mt
- 23 5 day stay - ideas of best place to visit in December
- 24 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 25 Europe Itinerary