I am currently in Toledo, heading to Granada tomorrow. I have currently proposed two options - one that follows the highway, and one that doesn't. However, both of these routes are proposed by Google Maps; and while i think the highway one is reliable, I wonder whether the non-highway detour is worthwhile, or whether there are better alternatives.
So, the trip is planning to leave Toledo, to Consuegra, Úbeda and then on to Granada. The highway trip is mapped here: http://goo.gl/maps/BNJh2 - it's obviously fairly straightforward.
The alternative non-highway version is mapped here: http://goo.gl/maps/iRwjf
It appears to take a detour via/through the national park, as its major deviation, adding 60-70 kilometres to the trip, but over 2 hours 30 minutes to the time (most likely due to lower speed roads).
So, any advice on either of these routes - or any alternative routes - would be fantastic!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 2 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 3 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 4 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 5 LIsbon
- 6 London Hotels
- 7 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 8 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 9 Luggage Storage
- 10 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 11 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 12 Paris hotels
- 13 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 14 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 15 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 16 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 17 25th Anniversary in Italy - Spring 2017
- 18 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 19 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 20 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Back from Paris
- 23 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 24 Summer Travel order
- 25 10 days in Paris and......
Spain: Toledo to Granada driving route options (two proposed)