I am currently in Toledo, heading to Granada tomorrow. I have currently proposed two options - one that follows the highway, and one that doesn't. However, both of these routes are proposed by Google Maps; and while i think the highway one is reliable, I wonder whether the non-highway detour is worthwhile, or whether there are better alternatives.
So, the trip is planning to leave Toledo, to Consuegra, Úbeda and then on to Granada. The highway trip is mapped here: http://goo.gl/maps/BNJh2 - it's obviously fairly straightforward.
The alternative non-highway version is mapped here: http://goo.gl/maps/iRwjf
It appears to take a detour via/through the national park, as its major deviation, adding 60-70 kilometres to the trip, but over 2 hours 30 minutes to the time (most likely due to lower speed roads).
So, any advice on either of these routes - or any alternative routes - would be fantastic!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Keukenhof in May?
- 2 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 3 tickets for Wimbledon
- 4 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 5 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 6 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 7 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 8 Insurance on rental car options
- 9 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 Istanbul at Easter
- 12 Happy birthday ATM
- 13 Renting a car in Greece
- 14 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 15 24 hours in Paris
- 16 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 17 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 20 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 21 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 22 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 23 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 24 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 25 Help with Crete Itinerary
Spain: Toledo to Granada driving route options (two proposed)