I am currently in Toledo, heading to Granada tomorrow. I have currently proposed two options - one that follows the highway, and one that doesn't. However, both of these routes are proposed by Google Maps; and while i think the highway one is reliable, I wonder whether the non-highway detour is worthwhile, or whether there are better alternatives.
So, the trip is planning to leave Toledo, to Consuegra, Úbeda and then on to Granada. The highway trip is mapped here: http://goo.gl/maps/BNJh2 - it's obviously fairly straightforward.
The alternative non-highway version is mapped here: http://goo.gl/maps/iRwjf
It appears to take a detour via/through the national park, as its major deviation, adding 60-70 kilometres to the trip, but over 2 hours 30 minutes to the time (most likely due to lower speed roads).
So, any advice on either of these routes - or any alternative routes - would be fantastic!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 2 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 3 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 4 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 5 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 8 First time in Bulgaria
- 9 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 10 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 11 Alps Drive
- 12 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 13 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 St Denis Cathedral
- 16 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 17 Paris cooking classes
- 18 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 19 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 20 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 21 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 22 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Praiano
- 25 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
Spain: Toledo to Granada driving route options (two proposed)