I am currently in Toledo, heading to Granada tomorrow. I have currently proposed two options - one that follows the highway, and one that doesn't. However, both of these routes are proposed by Google Maps; and while i think the highway one is reliable, I wonder whether the non-highway detour is worthwhile, or whether there are better alternatives.
So, the trip is planning to leave Toledo, to Consuegra, Úbeda and then on to Granada. The highway trip is mapped here: http://goo.gl/maps/BNJh2 - it's obviously fairly straightforward.
The alternative non-highway version is mapped here: http://goo.gl/maps/iRwjf
It appears to take a detour via/through the national park, as its major deviation, adding 60-70 kilometres to the trip, but over 2 hours 30 minutes to the time (most likely due to lower speed roads).
So, any advice on either of these routes - or any alternative routes - would be fantastic!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 2 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 3 Things to do in Brussels
- 4 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 5 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 6 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 7 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 8 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 9 Cont...@yahoo Mai** Sup **18884823831** Tech Sup PH NO ☛☎
- 10 Chilling in the Aeolian Islands
- 11 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 12 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 13 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 14 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 15 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 16 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 17 Madrid airport question
- 18 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 19 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 20 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 21 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 22 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 23 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 24 38 Days in Paris
- 25 Naxos car rental
Spain: Toledo to Granada driving route options (two proposed)