Drive through southern Spain

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi....i am looking for some guidance on a proposed drive from Madrid towards south....we are intending to cover say Seville, Malaga, Granada, Cordova and then back to Madrid...all in a 6 day period. Any opinions on whether this is reasonable and if so, how's the drive through these areas? We will have 2- 3 days in Madrid when we arrive before we hit the 6 day period. Thanks for the feedback.
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 05:12 AM

We did that drive, except for Seville. The roads in Southern Spain are greatly improved, and you will have no trouble covering all your planned destinations with time to enjoy them. Dont be afraidto drive in Madrid either, its one of the easier Capitals in Europe to navigate.
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 05:50 AM

In 2005 we did a similar drive, including Cadiz, which I highly recommend. We loved it and you will too. Check the schedule of attactions you are interested in, so you can plan where and when to be in each place. I missed the Julio Romero Museum in Cordova because the day we were there it was close.
Enjoy your trip!
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Frank....we felt we might be packing in too much...there a lot of Spain and I have been picking up some cues from these threads too. Cheers.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 09:31 AM

It's not the driving that bothers me with this plan - it is "doable". What concerns me is that you have 6 days to visit Sevilla, Cordoba, Malaga and Granada. If your intention is to just drive through and perhaps stop and tick off the highlights it's possible but you wouldn't get much of a feel for the culture as you'd be in a rushing mode. But 10 days for these cities would be adequate and a moderate pace.