Keep Rental Car in Cassis?

Oct 9th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

Keep Rental Car in Cassis?

Hello! I am traveling to Provence for 8 days next June. I will have a rental car as I am spending 3 nights in Lourmarin, 3 in Cannes, then 2 in Cassis. I am flying out of Marseille after Cassis. Is it worth it to keep my rental car while in Cassis? I'm estimating it will cost about $100 to keep it for those 2 days. It may be more of a convenience factor than money. How much time and how difficult is it to return it to Marseille, then take some sort of public transit like a bus back to Cassis, then take that public transit again when we fly out of Marseille? Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Oct 9th, 2012, 08:03 PM

Great question. I will be interested in hearing what others may suggest. I'll be there for 2 nights July, the last 2 of our vacation before flying out of Marseille too. I'm leaning toward keeping my rental & returning it at the airport.
Oct 9th, 2012, 09:30 PM

Keep the car. You don't want to waste valuable time taking public transportation.

Stu Dudley
Oct 10th, 2012, 01:14 AM

I'd say it is a massive waste of time to take the car back to Marseille then take public transport to Cassis and again to Marseille airport. Definitely keep the car & definitely get GPS.
Oct 10th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

Excellent! Thank you - we will keep the car then.

Search this Thread