We are trying to narrow down possible destinations in Europe sometime in May. Now the choice is between Paris and Vienna. We only have time to visit one of them. I underrstand comparing two cities doesnt always make sense, every city has its pros and cons and each city is unique in its own way. It would help however to know how these two cities differ from each other.
Our main objective is spending a couple of days in historic/central parts of the town, just strolling around for the sights and sounds of the city. We will not be doing museums, art galleries, etc. Our interest is in architecture and some shopping.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 2 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 3 Iceland for Nine Days
- 4 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 5 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 6 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 7 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 8 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 9 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 10 Rome or Venice first
- 11 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 12 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 15 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 16 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 17 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 18 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 19 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 20 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 21 3 day trip to iceland
- 22 Alitala
- 23 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 24 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more