We are trying to narrow down possible destinations in Europe sometime in May. Now the choice is between Paris and Vienna. We only have time to visit one of them. I underrstand comparing two cities doesnt always make sense, every city has its pros and cons and each city is unique in its own way. It would help however to know how these two cities differ from each other.
Our main objective is spending a couple of days in historic/central parts of the town, just strolling around for the sights and sounds of the city. We will not be doing museums, art galleries, etc. Our interest is in architecture and some shopping.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Paris or Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 2 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 3 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 4 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 5 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 6 Is my plan ok
- 7 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 8 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 9 5 Observations About Paris
- 10 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 11 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 12 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 13 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 14 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 15 Southern Spain
- 16 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 17 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 18 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 19 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 20 Scotland November 2015
- 21 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 22 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 23 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 24 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 25 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne