We are trying to narrow down possible destinations in Europe sometime in May. Now the choice is between Paris and Vienna. We only have time to visit one of them. I underrstand comparing two cities doesnt always make sense, every city has its pros and cons and each city is unique in its own way. It would help however to know how these two cities differ from each other.
Our main objective is spending a couple of days in historic/central parts of the town, just strolling around for the sights and sounds of the city. We will not be doing museums, art galleries, etc. Our interest is in architecture and some shopping.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 2 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 3 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 4 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 5 Trip to Rome
- 6 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 7 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 8 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 9 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 10 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 11 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 12 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 13 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 14 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 15 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 16 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 17 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 18 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 19 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 20 Buying Train Tickets to and from Prague
- 21 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 22 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 23 Help required with Itinerary
- 24 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 25 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?