We are trying to narrow down possible destinations in Europe sometime in May. Now the choice is between Paris and Vienna. We only have time to visit one of them. I underrstand comparing two cities doesnt always make sense, every city has its pros and cons and each city is unique in its own way. It would help however to know how these two cities differ from each other.
Our main objective is spending a couple of days in historic/central parts of the town, just strolling around for the sights and sounds of the city. We will not be doing museums, art galleries, etc. Our interest is in architecture and some shopping.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam, Germany
- 2 Scotland Highlands Help
- 3 Day trip from Marbella to the Alhambra
- 4 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 5 Exploring Extraordinary Extremadura
- 6 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 7 Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
- 8 Changing planes in Frankfurt
- 9 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 10 Barcelona and coastal towns
- 11 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 12 How Challenging Did You Find German to Learn?
- 13 Navigating the Swiss travel system
- 14 Bed & Breakfast in Ireland - need reservations?
- 15 Europe itinerary review
- 16 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 17 What to shop for in Floeence, Chianti, Montalcino and CT
- 18 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 19 Anchovies and Sardines
- 20 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 21 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 22 Cyprus or Turkey for a beach holiday?
- 23 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 24 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 25 Flight connection in CDG