We are trying to narrow down possible destinations in Europe sometime in May. Now the choice is between Paris and Vienna. We only have time to visit one of them. I underrstand comparing two cities doesnt always make sense, every city has its pros and cons and each city is unique in its own way. It would help however to know how these two cities differ from each other.
Our main objective is spending a couple of days in historic/central parts of the town, just strolling around for the sights and sounds of the city. We will not be doing museums, art galleries, etc. Our interest is in architecture and some shopping.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland in April
- 2 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 3 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 4 Driving in Italy?
- 5 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 6 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 7 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 8 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 9 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 10 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 11 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 12 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 13 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 14 Planning a European Trip
- 15 Scotland Trip
- 16 American Tourister luggage- good or bad?
- 17 Best way to visit St.Petersburg....Russia
- 18 So much to do, so little time!
- 19 Tour of Northern Italy
- 20 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 21 Germany in December Trip Report
- 22 Lisbon trip report
- 23 Naples, Italy
- 24 San Sebastian
- 25 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?