We are trying to narrow down possible destinations in Europe sometime in May. Now the choice is between Paris and Vienna. We only have time to visit one of them. I underrstand comparing two cities doesnt always make sense, every city has its pros and cons and each city is unique in its own way. It would help however to know how these two cities differ from each other.
Our main objective is spending a couple of days in historic/central parts of the town, just strolling around for the sights and sounds of the city. We will not be doing museums, art galleries, etc. Our interest is in architecture and some shopping.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Paris or Vienna
- 1 Euro Train
- 2 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 3 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 4 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 5 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 6 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 7 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 8 One more last question on Bayeux
- 9 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 10 Italian language schools
- 11 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 12 When to visit Provence updated info
- 13 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 14 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 15 Lucerne & Zurich
- 16 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 17 Trip around Spain
- 18 Venice in Jan
- 19 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 20 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 21 How early to get to CDG
- 22 Berlin
- 23 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 24 Three for the road
- 25 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration