We are trying to narrow down possible destinations in Europe sometime in May. Now the choice is between Paris and Vienna. We only have time to visit one of them. I underrstand comparing two cities doesnt always make sense, every city has its pros and cons and each city is unique in its own way. It would help however to know how these two cities differ from each other.
Our main objective is spending a couple of days in historic/central parts of the town, just strolling around for the sights and sounds of the city. We will not be doing museums, art galleries, etc. Our interest is in architecture and some shopping.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 2 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 3 Help with air/train logistics in U.K.!
- 4 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 5 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 6 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 7 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 8 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 9 Car rental leaving Rome
- 10 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 11 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 12 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 13 Trip Report - Croatia, Sept 22 -Oct 12 (Slovenia, Bosnia..)
- 14 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 15 Normandy and England in November Trip Planning
- 16 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 17 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 18 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 19 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 20 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 21 Car Rental in Italy
- 22 Rue des Rosiers
- 23 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 24 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 25 First Trip to Europe!