We are trying to narrow down possible destinations in Europe sometime in May. Now the choice is between Paris and Vienna. We only have time to visit one of them. I underrstand comparing two cities doesnt always make sense, every city has its pros and cons and each city is unique in its own way. It would help however to know how these two cities differ from each other.
Our main objective is spending a couple of days in historic/central parts of the town, just strolling around for the sights and sounds of the city. We will not be doing museums, art galleries, etc. Our interest is in architecture and some shopping.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Paris or Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 2 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 3 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 4 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 5 He said , she said
- 6 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 7 Munich with a car?
- 8 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 9 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 10 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 11 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 12 Itinerary Help!
- 13 Toulouse and beyond -
- 14 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 15 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 16 tour guides in rome
- 17 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 18 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 19 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 20 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 21 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 22 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 23 Seaside island village in Greece
- 24 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 25 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014