We are trying to narrow down possible destinations in Europe sometime in May. Now the choice is between Paris and Vienna. We only have time to visit one of them. I underrstand comparing two cities doesnt always make sense, every city has its pros and cons and each city is unique in its own way. It would help however to know how these two cities differ from each other.
Our main objective is spending a couple of days in historic/central parts of the town, just strolling around for the sights and sounds of the city. We will not be doing museums, art galleries, etc. Our interest is in architecture and some shopping.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Paris or Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 2 Long wait to board cruise in Barcelona--sleep deprived
- 3 Looking for add on city
- 4 St. Katherine Dock area flat for first time visit?
- 5 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 6 UK in the Beginning of 2016
- 7 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 8 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 9 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 10 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 11 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 12 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 13 Taxi service in Nice
- 14 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 15 Academic Tours and Travel Malta and Sicily Delight Tour
- 16 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 17 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?
- 18 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 19 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 20 Flying open jaw: start in MAD or BCN (Sept. 18th - Oct. 5th).
- 21 Trip to Pyrenees
- 22 Help with Itinerary - Seville/San Sebastian
- 23 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 24 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 25 Budapest to Bucharest (2 week trip)