We are trying to narrow down possible destinations in Europe sometime in May. Now the choice is between Paris and Vienna. We only have time to visit one of them. I underrstand comparing two cities doesnt always make sense, every city has its pros and cons and each city is unique in its own way. It would help however to know how these two cities differ from each other.
Our main objective is spending a couple of days in historic/central parts of the town, just strolling around for the sights and sounds of the city. We will not be doing museums, art galleries, etc. Our interest is in architecture and some shopping.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Paris or Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 2 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 3 Traffic Violation from Italy
- 4 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 5 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 6 Discount Card and itinerary for Paris for family of 4
- 7 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 8 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!
- 9 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 10 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 11 Token of thanks!
- 12 driving from Barcelona to Venice by car
- 13 Favorite things to do in London
- 14 Interested In Coach Passes
- 15 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 16 3 days in Bordeaux
- 17 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 18 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 19 Where to stay the night between Naples and Matera
- 20 4 days in lake region
- 21 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 22 Scotland Explorer Pass
- 23 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 24 Piran to Venice via ferry
- 25 7 countries in a month