flights from Vienna to Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know of a web site where I might find a cheap return flight from Vienna to Paris? Many thanks for any suggestions, my googling is turning up nothing.
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 12:02 PM

Try Austrian Airlines. They sometimes will have promotions to/from Paris. <BR>Try - http://www.aua.com/
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 12:28 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Bird!
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 12:59 PM

Other than special email deals from aua, may get Air France,also restplatzboerse - have internet site, is a big Viennese agency which sometimes can offer better prices than the airlines themselves. But Vienna is unfortunately a rip-off city for flying - state run anti-competitive practices help rip off the consumer for many destinations.
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 05:24 PM
rex

The airline www.germanwings.com has fairly cheap flights from Vienna to Cologne/Bonn. Then to Paris on the same caririer (they price every flight as a single leg only). Or there is high speed train from there.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>[email protected]<BR>
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 09:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks guys. You're right, there seem to be no cheap flights to and from Vienna, even though I can get London to New York for less, easily and anywhere. Damn you, Vienna! Damn you to heeeeeelllllll!
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 11:05 AM
rex

You can get from New York to London cheaper than the fare(s) available on germanwings? I have never seen a fare NYC-LON cheaper than $130 each way (with taxes). Or am I missing something?<BR>
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 10:04 PM

<BR>www.ebookers.ch<BR><BR>Vienna - Paris is probably just an expensive route.
Old Feb 1st, 2003, 06:42 AM
Original Poster

Oh. Ah. And yes, I did find the English button on the web site, eventually.
Old Feb 1st, 2003, 10:18 AM

If you take four daylight hours to travel, and save a hotel night by taking a sleeper overnight, you can use the Orient Express ? the real one, not the fancy one. Book a couple of days ahead, in any big station in Europe. At Vienna West station about 2015 hand in your luggage, passports and tickets to the conductor, and walk along the platform to the buffet car. Leave at 2034, sup, walk back to your sleeper, bed. No frontier controls trouble you: you are in the European Union. Wake, wash, dress, and either eat in your compartment the light breakfast the conductor serves you (an extra piece of Austrian cheese bought the day before improves it), or walk to the French buffet car for a more solid meal, perhaps an omlette. Reach Paris Est 1026. Coming back it is Paris Est 1749, Vienna West 0830. The train has 1, 2 and 3 berth sleepers.<BR><BR>[email protected]<BR>
Old Feb 1st, 2003, 12:42 PM
rex

No apology required, MacNeil. I was just confused if there was something wrong with planning this itinerary on germanwings that I didn't understand.<BR><BR>Perhaps this is due to a cookie on my computer, but when I go to germanwings.com it automatically goes to English, and the first thing I see is a map that shows all their flights (every single one of them go through Cologne/Bonn).<BR><BR>Europe's low cost airlines seem to do every thing as single legs, and you have to piece an itinerary together yourself. I knew that; I probably assumed that it was all self-evident, knowing that.<BR><BR>
Old Feb 1st, 2003, 12:47 PM

If you take four daylight hours to travel, and save a hotel night by taking a sleeper overnight, you can use the Orient Express ? the real one, not the fancy one. Book a couple of days ahead, in any big station in Europe. At Vienna West station about 2015 hand in your luggage, passports and tickets to the conductor, and walk along the platform to the buffet car. Leave at 2034, sup, walk back to your sleeper, bed. No frontier controls trouble you: you are in the European Union. Wake, wash, dress, and either eat in your compartment the light breakfast the conductor serves you (an extra piece of Austrian cheese bought the day before improves it), or walk to the French buffet car for a more solid meal, perhaps an omlette. Reach Paris Est 1026. Coming back it is Paris Est 1749, Vienna West 0830. The train has 1, 2 and 3 berth sleepers.<BR><BR>[email protected]<BR>