I’ve used these forums a lot to do research on my trips over the last year and this is finally my first posting! I’ve been doing a lot of research as my fiancé and I have booked a 3 week honeymoon to Europe. So I’ve been reading posts on getting to St. Lazare station and saw many comments about getting there from CDG airport, and how it takes a long time to taxi to the gate, etc. So now I’m worried because I’m not sure if we’ll have enough time except for not sure if it’s much different from Orly.
Our planes arrives from Venice and lands at Orly at exactly 5:00pm on October 3rd. We have a tour booked in Bayeux the next morning at8am, so need to get to Bayeux on the evening of the 3rd as a train in the morning on the 4th would not get use there in time. I booked this flight a long time ago and I thought at the time I would have enough time to make it to Lazare station (it was also supposed to land at 4:25pm but then Transavia changed it to 5pm). At that time I saw trains leaving Lazare at around 7pm in the evening an so I thought it was ok. But now today I’m looking and train schedules and I’m not seeing any train departures on our day after 4:30pm, and so I’m not sure if I’m missing something. So I have a few questions I would be grateful to get help in:
• How long will it take us to get from Orly to Lazare and how long in advance before our train can we arrive? I guess I’m asking what’s the latest I can arrive and still catch my train?
• Where should I book our train tickets from Lazare to Bayeux? I see multiple websites and I’m not sure what the difference is. Also, will the schedule still change? Right now I’m not see any trains after 5pm, so I’m thinking I need to rebook new flights then to arrive earlier in the day?
Thanks everyone so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 2 Itinerary Tweaking
- 3 Itinerary Help
- 4 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 5 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 6 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 7 Hotel in Vienna
- 8 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 9 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 10 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 11 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 12 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 13 Amalfi Coast help
- 14 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 15 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 16 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 17 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 18 House Hunting in France
- 19 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 20 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 21 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 22 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 23 If you had to choose one......
- 24 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 25 Need help with itinerary & trains