I’ve used these forums a lot to do research on my trips over the last year and this is finally my first posting! I’ve been doing a lot of research as my fiancé and I have booked a 3 week honeymoon to Europe. So I’ve been reading posts on getting to St. Lazare station and saw many comments about getting there from CDG airport, and how it takes a long time to taxi to the gate, etc. So now I’m worried because I’m not sure if we’ll have enough time except for not sure if it’s much different from Orly.
Our planes arrives from Venice and lands at Orly at exactly 5:00pm on October 3rd. We have a tour booked in Bayeux the next morning at8am, so need to get to Bayeux on the evening of the 3rd as a train in the morning on the 4th would not get use there in time. I booked this flight a long time ago and I thought at the time I would have enough time to make it to Lazare station (it was also supposed to land at 4:25pm but then Transavia changed it to 5pm). At that time I saw trains leaving Lazare at around 7pm in the evening an so I thought it was ok. But now today I’m looking and train schedules and I’m not seeing any train departures on our day after 4:30pm, and so I’m not sure if I’m missing something. So I have a few questions I would be grateful to get help in:
• How long will it take us to get from Orly to Lazare and how long in advance before our train can we arrive? I guess I’m asking what’s the latest I can arrive and still catch my train?
• Where should I book our train tickets from Lazare to Bayeux? I see multiple websites and I’m not sure what the difference is. Also, will the schedule still change? Right now I’m not see any trains after 5pm, so I’m thinking I need to rebook new flights then to arrive earlier in the day?
Thanks everyone so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 2 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 3 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 4 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 5 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 6 Shorts in South of France?
- 7 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 8 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 9 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 10 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 11 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 12 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 13 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 14 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 15 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 16 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 17 London Theater
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 19 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 20 Greece mainland and islands
- 21 Lyon france-- rental car
- 22 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 23 Switzerland in September
- 24 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 25 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...