We are a family of four (husband, wife, 2 girls aged 9 and 3) and we will be in London from July 12 (noon) to July 19 (noon). Here is our itinerary.
July 12th evening - London Eye
July 13th - Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral
July 14th - Day trip to Bath
July 15th - Westminster Abbey, Hampton Court Palace
July 16th - Day trip to Oxford
July 17th - Buckhingam palace, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, The National History museum
July 18th - Kew Gardens
July 19th - Get ready to go back
I am looking for feedback on the following.
1. Does the itinerary look doable?
2. Are there places I should add to this list?
3. Are there places I should remove from this list?
4. Is London Pass worth it or should I do pay as you go model for the above places? (Cost is roughly about the same but London pass will make things a little rushed. However, London Pass offers us the flexibility of avoiding longer lines)
5. Are the lines really long for the above places (which makes London Pass a must)?
6. For the day trips what kind of pass should I buy? We are traveling from US. Should I book the day trip tickets/ pass in advance (before landing in UK)?
7. What travel card should I buy? Is Zone1 and Zone2 enough for the places we are planning to go to?
8. What kind of clothes to pack? Is the weather warm enough for skirts/ shorts?
9. Do we need a jacket?
10. Do the grocery stores sell rice? I am thinking of making our own food a few times but not sure if I need to pack ingredients from here or can I easily buy it there.
11. Finally, recommendations on good places to eat (Thai, Indian, Italian, Mexican are our preferences)
That's a long list of questions hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks a ton in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 2 Small-group day tours from London?
- 3 Should I buy Trenitalia tickets ahead of time for my parents?
- 4 London: favorite recent exhibits?
- 5 What time for early flight to Heathrow
- 6 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 7 La Rochelle vs Barcelona
- 8 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 9 a starting itinerary
- 10 England/Scotland in January?
- 11 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 12 Where to Park Rental Car While Visiting Sintra
- 13 Packing for Croatia Sept-Oct - Just getting started
- 14 Budapest main train station status
- 15 where do you look when you're trying to book a villa last minute?
- 16 Packing for Croatia (23 days Sept-Oct)
- 17 Rome, Italy Sistine Chapel
- 18 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 19 Hotel at or near Brussels airport
- 20 Back from a great trip !!
- 21 Sarajevo to Mostar by train or bus
- 22 Blackpool Illuminations - Tripping the Lights Fantastic Sep 4 - Nov 8, 2105
- 23 Kandersteg - Muddy Boots?
- 24 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 25 how best to arrive to sarlat from paris