We are a family of four (husband, wife, 2 girls aged 9 and 3) and we will be in London from July 12 (noon) to July 19 (noon). Here is our itinerary.
July 12th evening - London Eye
July 13th - Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral
July 14th - Day trip to Bath
July 15th - Westminster Abbey, Hampton Court Palace
July 16th - Day trip to Oxford
July 17th - Buckhingam palace, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, The National History museum
July 18th - Kew Gardens
July 19th - Get ready to go back
I am looking for feedback on the following.
1. Does the itinerary look doable?
2. Are there places I should add to this list?
3. Are there places I should remove from this list?
4. Is London Pass worth it or should I do pay as you go model for the above places? (Cost is roughly about the same but London pass will make things a little rushed. However, London Pass offers us the flexibility of avoiding longer lines)
5. Are the lines really long for the above places (which makes London Pass a must)?
6. For the day trips what kind of pass should I buy? We are traveling from US. Should I book the day trip tickets/ pass in advance (before landing in UK)?
7. What travel card should I buy? Is Zone1 and Zone2 enough for the places we are planning to go to?
8. What kind of clothes to pack? Is the weather warm enough for skirts/ shorts?
9. Do we need a jacket?
10. Do the grocery stores sell rice? I am thinking of making our own food a few times but not sure if I need to pack ingredients from here or can I easily buy it there.
11. Finally, recommendations on good places to eat (Thai, Indian, Italian, Mexican are our preferences)
That's a long list of questions hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks a ton in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 2 gare de nord
- 3 Enjoying England for a year!
- 4 Southern Italy
- 5 Our time in Rome
- 6 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 7 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 8 My First Trip to Europe...
- 9 Visiting St. Mark's Basilica in Venice
- 10 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 11 Ireland driving itinerary
- 12 0ne day trip from Lisbon to Porto
- 13 England in a week - what's realistic
- 14 Stonehenge and Bath
- 15 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 16 French Riviera
- 17 Iceland: When to Go
- 18 Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart in No Man's Land
- 19 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 20 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 21 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 22 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 23 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 24 Decrepit dame does Deutschland
- 25 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)