We are a family of four (husband, wife, 2 girls aged 9 and 3) and we will be in London from July 12 (noon) to July 19 (noon). Here is our itinerary.
July 12th evening - London Eye
July 13th - Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral
July 14th - Day trip to Bath
July 15th - Westminster Abbey, Hampton Court Palace
July 16th - Day trip to Oxford
July 17th - Buckhingam palace, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, The National History museum
July 18th - Kew Gardens
July 19th - Get ready to go back
I am looking for feedback on the following.
1. Does the itinerary look doable?
2. Are there places I should add to this list?
3. Are there places I should remove from this list?
4. Is London Pass worth it or should I do pay as you go model for the above places? (Cost is roughly about the same but London pass will make things a little rushed. However, London Pass offers us the flexibility of avoiding longer lines)
5. Are the lines really long for the above places (which makes London Pass a must)?
6. For the day trips what kind of pass should I buy? We are traveling from US. Should I book the day trip tickets/ pass in advance (before landing in UK)?
7. What travel card should I buy? Is Zone1 and Zone2 enough for the places we are planning to go to?
8. What kind of clothes to pack? Is the weather warm enough for skirts/ shorts?
9. Do we need a jacket?
10. Do the grocery stores sell rice? I am thinking of making our own food a few times but not sure if I need to pack ingredients from here or can I easily buy it there.
11. Finally, recommendations on good places to eat (Thai, Indian, Italian, Mexican are our preferences)
That's a long list of questions hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks a ton in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence Restaurant Suggestions
- 2 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?
- 3 Suggestions for 3.5 day Sicilily Itinerary
- 4 Spanish air controllers strikes in June 2015
- 5 Munich- Prague-Berlin Itinerary Help
- 6 First Trip to Europe Itinerary
- 7 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 8 A month in Normandy (Rouen): calling Normandy afficionados
- 9 Doing laundry in Iceland?
- 10 Itinerary Help for Wheelchair Traveler
- 11 Best things to eat, see, do in Italy
- 12 Cash-free Scandinavia?
- 13 Lake Constance - Where to stay?
- 14 Finalizing Itinerary
- 15 Scottish Highlands For Two Days
- 16 Is one day in Portofino enough?
- 17 Honoring my Father, Belgium, Amsterdam, London and TWO GTGs
- 18 15 nights in Italy
- 19 Walking tour of Edinburgh
- 20 A day in Killarney
- 21 Worried my mother won't be able to fly!
- 22 Puglia impressions, in brief
- 23 Calling out to all Spain lovers! 2 weeks in mid Sep - need some new ideas!
- 24 International driving permit required in France?
- 25 8 Day trip to Swiss and France