We are a family of four (husband, wife, 2 girls aged 9 and 3) and we will be in London from July 12 (noon) to July 19 (noon). Here is our itinerary.
July 12th evening - London Eye
July 13th - Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral
July 14th - Day trip to Bath
July 15th - Westminster Abbey, Hampton Court Palace
July 16th - Day trip to Oxford
July 17th - Buckhingam palace, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, The National History museum
July 18th - Kew Gardens
July 19th - Get ready to go back
I am looking for feedback on the following.
1. Does the itinerary look doable?
2. Are there places I should add to this list?
3. Are there places I should remove from this list?
4. Is London Pass worth it or should I do pay as you go model for the above places? (Cost is roughly about the same but London pass will make things a little rushed. However, London Pass offers us the flexibility of avoiding longer lines)
5. Are the lines really long for the above places (which makes London Pass a must)?
6. For the day trips what kind of pass should I buy? We are traveling from US. Should I book the day trip tickets/ pass in advance (before landing in UK)?
7. What travel card should I buy? Is Zone1 and Zone2 enough for the places we are planning to go to?
8. What kind of clothes to pack? Is the weather warm enough for skirts/ shorts?
9. Do we need a jacket?
10. Do the grocery stores sell rice? I am thinking of making our own food a few times but not sure if I need to pack ingredients from here or can I easily buy it there.
11. Finally, recommendations on good places to eat (Thai, Indian, Italian, Mexican are our preferences)
That's a long list of questions hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks a ton in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 3 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 4 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 5 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 6 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 7 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 8 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 9 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 10 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 11 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 12 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 13 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 14 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 15 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 16 2017 Easter in Italy
- 17 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 18 Towersey, London
- 19 Croatia transportation question.
- 20 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 21 Westerplatte
- 22 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 23 Cutback on Spain trip
- 24 Bernina Express mid-March
- 25 Malaga - places to stay and eat