We are a family of four (husband, wife, 2 girls aged 9 and 3) and we will be in London from July 12 (noon) to July 19 (noon). Here is our itinerary.
July 12th evening - London Eye
July 13th - Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral
July 14th - Day trip to Bath
July 15th - Westminster Abbey, Hampton Court Palace
July 16th - Day trip to Oxford
July 17th - Buckhingam palace, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, The National History museum
July 18th - Kew Gardens
July 19th - Get ready to go back
I am looking for feedback on the following.
1. Does the itinerary look doable?
2. Are there places I should add to this list?
3. Are there places I should remove from this list?
4. Is London Pass worth it or should I do pay as you go model for the above places? (Cost is roughly about the same but London pass will make things a little rushed. However, London Pass offers us the flexibility of avoiding longer lines)
5. Are the lines really long for the above places (which makes London Pass a must)?
6. For the day trips what kind of pass should I buy? We are traveling from US. Should I book the day trip tickets/ pass in advance (before landing in UK)?
7. What travel card should I buy? Is Zone1 and Zone2 enough for the places we are planning to go to?
8. What kind of clothes to pack? Is the weather warm enough for skirts/ shorts?
9. Do we need a jacket?
10. Do the grocery stores sell rice? I am thinking of making our own food a few times but not sure if I need to pack ingredients from here or can I easily buy it there.
11. Finally, recommendations on good places to eat (Thai, Indian, Italian, Mexican are our preferences)
That's a long list of questions hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks a ton in advance.
Need advice: Family of four, six days in London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CDG to Lannion
- 2 What do you know about using the iPhone GPS app in Europe?
- 3 Hiking in the Pyrenees - day trip from Barcelona, no car
- 4 walking guide in Paris
- 5 Blog updates from Europe.
- 6 Looking for add on city
- 7 Trip to Pyrenees
- 8 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 9 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 10 Mykonos - to rent a car or to not.
- 11 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 12 Need Accommodation in Versailles
- 13 Car rental Questions for Italy
- 14 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 15 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 16 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 17 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 18 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 19 MXP Best Western to "The Last Supper"
- 20 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 21 Budapest to Bucharest (2 week trip)
- 22 Wedding In Positano Italy Sept 2014- NEED YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS
- 23 Moscow: Eat, Explore, Experience
- 24 Capri and Amalfi self-catering accommodation for 2
- 25 Taxi service in Nice