We are a family of four (husband, wife, 2 girls aged 9 and 3) and we will be in London from July 12 (noon) to July 19 (noon). Here is our itinerary.
July 12th evening - London Eye
July 13th - Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral
July 14th - Day trip to Bath
July 15th - Westminster Abbey, Hampton Court Palace
July 16th - Day trip to Oxford
July 17th - Buckhingam palace, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, The National History museum
July 18th - Kew Gardens
July 19th - Get ready to go back
I am looking for feedback on the following.
1. Does the itinerary look doable?
2. Are there places I should add to this list?
3. Are there places I should remove from this list?
4. Is London Pass worth it or should I do pay as you go model for the above places? (Cost is roughly about the same but London pass will make things a little rushed. However, London Pass offers us the flexibility of avoiding longer lines)
5. Are the lines really long for the above places (which makes London Pass a must)?
6. For the day trips what kind of pass should I buy? We are traveling from US. Should I book the day trip tickets/ pass in advance (before landing in UK)?
7. What travel card should I buy? Is Zone1 and Zone2 enough for the places we are planning to go to?
8. What kind of clothes to pack? Is the weather warm enough for skirts/ shorts?
9. Do we need a jacket?
10. Do the grocery stores sell rice? I am thinking of making our own food a few times but not sure if I need to pack ingredients from here or can I easily buy it there.
11. Finally, recommendations on good places to eat (Thai, Indian, Italian, Mexican are our preferences)
That's a long list of questions hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks a ton in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Under Seige...
- 2 What one thing in Paris?
- 3 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 4 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 5 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 6 Anyone ever been to Minsk, Belarus?
- 7 Glowing epidermis– Some women have stated
- 8 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 9 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 10 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 11 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 12 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 13 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 14 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 15 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 16 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 17 Holiday in Austria
- 18 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 19 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 20 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 21 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 22 Retiring to Southern France
- 23 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 24 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 25 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise