We are a family of four (husband, wife, 2 girls aged 9 and 3) and we will be in London from July 12 (noon) to July 19 (noon). Here is our itinerary.
July 12th evening - London Eye
July 13th - Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral
July 14th - Day trip to Bath
July 15th - Westminster Abbey, Hampton Court Palace
July 16th - Day trip to Oxford
July 17th - Buckhingam palace, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, The National History museum
July 18th - Kew Gardens
July 19th - Get ready to go back
I am looking for feedback on the following.
1. Does the itinerary look doable?
2. Are there places I should add to this list?
3. Are there places I should remove from this list?
4. Is London Pass worth it or should I do pay as you go model for the above places? (Cost is roughly about the same but London pass will make things a little rushed. However, London Pass offers us the flexibility of avoiding longer lines)
5. Are the lines really long for the above places (which makes London Pass a must)?
6. For the day trips what kind of pass should I buy? We are traveling from US. Should I book the day trip tickets/ pass in advance (before landing in UK)?
7. What travel card should I buy? Is Zone1 and Zone2 enough for the places we are planning to go to?
8. What kind of clothes to pack? Is the weather warm enough for skirts/ shorts?
9. Do we need a jacket?
10. Do the grocery stores sell rice? I am thinking of making our own food a few times but not sure if I need to pack ingredients from here or can I easily buy it there.
11. Finally, recommendations on good places to eat (Thai, Indian, Italian, Mexican are our preferences)
That's a long list of questions hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks a ton in advance.
Need advice: Family of four, six days in London
- 1 Ryan Air
- 2 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 3 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 4 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 5 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 6 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 7 Chambermaid tipping
- 8 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 9 Has Anyone Used Rome Sweet Home?
- 10 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 11 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 12 Albania for Beginners
- 13 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 14 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 15 London for Christmas
- 16 Russian Tour Operators for Independent Travelers
- 17 Istanbul hotels
- 18 1st time to Italy...Cinque Terre, Florence and which Tuscan hill town?
- 19 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 20 south eastern europe by train and walking
- 21 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 22 Family European winter holiday
- 23 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 24 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 25 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?