We are a family of four (husband, wife, 2 girls aged 9 and 3) and we will be in London from July 12 (noon) to July 19 (noon). Here is our itinerary.
July 12th evening - London Eye
July 13th - Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral
July 14th - Day trip to Bath
July 15th - Westminster Abbey, Hampton Court Palace
July 16th - Day trip to Oxford
July 17th - Buckhingam palace, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, The National History museum
July 18th - Kew Gardens
July 19th - Get ready to go back
I am looking for feedback on the following.
1. Does the itinerary look doable?
2. Are there places I should add to this list?
3. Are there places I should remove from this list?
4. Is London Pass worth it or should I do pay as you go model for the above places? (Cost is roughly about the same but London pass will make things a little rushed. However, London Pass offers us the flexibility of avoiding longer lines)
5. Are the lines really long for the above places (which makes London Pass a must)?
6. For the day trips what kind of pass should I buy? We are traveling from US. Should I book the day trip tickets/ pass in advance (before landing in UK)?
7. What travel card should I buy? Is Zone1 and Zone2 enough for the places we are planning to go to?
8. What kind of clothes to pack? Is the weather warm enough for skirts/ shorts?
9. Do we need a jacket?
10. Do the grocery stores sell rice? I am thinking of making our own food a few times but not sure if I need to pack ingredients from here or can I easily buy it there.
11. Finally, recommendations on good places to eat (Thai, Indian, Italian, Mexican are our preferences)
That's a long list of questions hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks a ton in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 2 Iceland in 4 days?
- 3 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 4 Europe itinerary
- 5 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 6 Southern Italy
- 7 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 8 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 9 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 10 Favorite restaurants in Amsterdam
- 11 European Travel in March
- 12 Madrid city centre?
- 13 Barcelona extension
- 14 Ireland driving itinerary
- 15 Slovania & Croatia
- 16 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 17 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 18 Barcelona Car rental return
- 19 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 20 Manchester on derby weekend
- 21 BIKE AND BARGE
- 22 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 23 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 24 Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart in No Man's Land
- 25 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London