We are a family of four (husband, wife, 2 girls aged 9 and 3) and we will be in London from July 12 (noon) to July 19 (noon). Here is our itinerary.
July 12th evening - London Eye
July 13th - Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral
July 14th - Day trip to Bath
July 15th - Westminster Abbey, Hampton Court Palace
July 16th - Day trip to Oxford
July 17th - Buckhingam palace, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, The National History museum
July 18th - Kew Gardens
July 19th - Get ready to go back
I am looking for feedback on the following.
1. Does the itinerary look doable?
2. Are there places I should add to this list?
3. Are there places I should remove from this list?
4. Is London Pass worth it or should I do pay as you go model for the above places? (Cost is roughly about the same but London pass will make things a little rushed. However, London Pass offers us the flexibility of avoiding longer lines)
5. Are the lines really long for the above places (which makes London Pass a must)?
6. For the day trips what kind of pass should I buy? We are traveling from US. Should I book the day trip tickets/ pass in advance (before landing in UK)?
7. What travel card should I buy? Is Zone1 and Zone2 enough for the places we are planning to go to?
8. What kind of clothes to pack? Is the weather warm enough for skirts/ shorts?
9. Do we need a jacket?
10. Do the grocery stores sell rice? I am thinking of making our own food a few times but not sure if I need to pack ingredients from here or can I easily buy it there.
11. Finally, recommendations on good places to eat (Thai, Indian, Italian, Mexican are our preferences)
That's a long list of questions hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks a ton in advance.
Need advice: Family of four, six days in London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 2 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 3 Street food in Turkey
- 4 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 5 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 6 Three days in Spain
- 7 Paris in April?
- 8 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 9 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 10 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 11 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 12 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 13 Prague - Tram #22
- 14 Day trip from London to Paris
- 15 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 16 A drive in Europe
- 17 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 18 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 19 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 20 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 21 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 22 London hotel
- 23 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 24 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 25 Germany driving itinerary starting questions