We are a family of four (husband, wife, 2 girls aged 9 and 3) and we will be in London from July 12 (noon) to July 19 (noon). Here is our itinerary.
July 12th evening - London Eye
July 13th - Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral
July 14th - Day trip to Bath
July 15th - Westminster Abbey, Hampton Court Palace
July 16th - Day trip to Oxford
July 17th - Buckhingam palace, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, The National History museum
July 18th - Kew Gardens
July 19th - Get ready to go back
I am looking for feedback on the following.
1. Does the itinerary look doable?
2. Are there places I should add to this list?
3. Are there places I should remove from this list?
4. Is London Pass worth it or should I do pay as you go model for the above places? (Cost is roughly about the same but London pass will make things a little rushed. However, London Pass offers us the flexibility of avoiding longer lines)
5. Are the lines really long for the above places (which makes London Pass a must)?
6. For the day trips what kind of pass should I buy? We are traveling from US. Should I book the day trip tickets/ pass in advance (before landing in UK)?
7. What travel card should I buy? Is Zone1 and Zone2 enough for the places we are planning to go to?
8. What kind of clothes to pack? Is the weather warm enough for skirts/ shorts?
9. Do we need a jacket?
10. Do the grocery stores sell rice? I am thinking of making our own food a few times but not sure if I need to pack ingredients from here or can I easily buy it there.
11. Finally, recommendations on good places to eat (Thai, Indian, Italian, Mexican are our preferences)
That's a long list of questions hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks a ton in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 2 Visiting Cornwall September 2016
- 3 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 4 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 5 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 6 Another strike in France : 3-5 june, airports
- 7 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 8 Prague & Croatia
- 9 Self-Drive: Dublin to Shannon, or Belfast to Dublin
- 10 Ferries from London To Normandy Beaches; biking through Formigny-Bayeux
- 11 3 week backing packing trip
- 12 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 13 now the fun stuff - need dining recs near Goult
- 14 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 15 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 16 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 17 Car rental/train option to Paola/San Lucido Italy? - Mom and 3 kids
- 18 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 19 Fake police scam in Budapest
- 20 Switzerland/Italy Advice
- 21 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 22 holiday problem in Budapest
- 23 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 24 Where to go in March??
- 25 Age limitation for car rental