We are a family of four (husband, wife, 2 girls aged 9 and 3) and we will be in London from July 12 (noon) to July 19 (noon). Here is our itinerary.
July 12th evening - London Eye
July 13th - Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral
July 14th - Day trip to Bath
July 15th - Westminster Abbey, Hampton Court Palace
July 16th - Day trip to Oxford
July 17th - Buckhingam palace, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, The National History museum
July 18th - Kew Gardens
July 19th - Get ready to go back
I am looking for feedback on the following.
1. Does the itinerary look doable?
2. Are there places I should add to this list?
3. Are there places I should remove from this list?
4. Is London Pass worth it or should I do pay as you go model for the above places? (Cost is roughly about the same but London pass will make things a little rushed. However, London Pass offers us the flexibility of avoiding longer lines)
5. Are the lines really long for the above places (which makes London Pass a must)?
6. For the day trips what kind of pass should I buy? We are traveling from US. Should I book the day trip tickets/ pass in advance (before landing in UK)?
7. What travel card should I buy? Is Zone1 and Zone2 enough for the places we are planning to go to?
8. What kind of clothes to pack? Is the weather warm enough for skirts/ shorts?
9. Do we need a jacket?
10. Do the grocery stores sell rice? I am thinking of making our own food a few times but not sure if I need to pack ingredients from here or can I easily buy it there.
11. Finally, recommendations on good places to eat (Thai, Indian, Italian, Mexican are our preferences)
That's a long list of questions hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks a ton in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 2 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 3 Couple of days on the coast in Andalucia
- 4 Flight to London - Discount Airlines?
- 5 Montreux, Interlaken, Lucerne or Lauterbrunnen?
- 6 8 days in switzerland
- 7 Sienna with kids
- 8 Validating train tickets - Germany, Switzwerland
- 9 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 10 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 11 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 12 2 Weeks Amsterdam, Belgium, Germany, Salzburg
- 13 Paris in July - side trip to South of France
- 14 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 15 Venice to Malpensa: which way to travel?
- 16 Must sees in Malaga
- 17 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 18 motion sickness on air conditioned motor coaches, trains, etc
- 19 Seville in September-La Bienal
- 20 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 21 Classical Music in Milan
- 22 12 nights in Greek islands
- 23 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 24 Pera palace hotel Istanbul
- 25 Doobie in Amsterdam