We are a family of four (husband, wife, 2 girls aged 9 and 3) and we will be in London from July 12 (noon) to July 19 (noon). Here is our itinerary.
July 12th evening - London Eye
July 13th - Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral
July 14th - Day trip to Bath
July 15th - Westminster Abbey, Hampton Court Palace
July 16th - Day trip to Oxford
July 17th - Buckhingam palace, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, The National History museum
July 18th - Kew Gardens
July 19th - Get ready to go back
I am looking for feedback on the following.
1. Does the itinerary look doable?
2. Are there places I should add to this list?
3. Are there places I should remove from this list?
4. Is London Pass worth it or should I do pay as you go model for the above places? (Cost is roughly about the same but London pass will make things a little rushed. However, London Pass offers us the flexibility of avoiding longer lines)
5. Are the lines really long for the above places (which makes London Pass a must)?
6. For the day trips what kind of pass should I buy? We are traveling from US. Should I book the day trip tickets/ pass in advance (before landing in UK)?
7. What travel card should I buy? Is Zone1 and Zone2 enough for the places we are planning to go to?
8. What kind of clothes to pack? Is the weather warm enough for skirts/ shorts?
9. Do we need a jacket?
10. Do the grocery stores sell rice? I am thinking of making our own food a few times but not sure if I need to pack ingredients from here or can I easily buy it there.
11. Finally, recommendations on good places to eat (Thai, Indian, Italian, Mexican are our preferences)
That's a long list of questions hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks a ton in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
- 2 European Championship
- 3 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 4 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 5 Italy trains question
- 6 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center
- 7 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 8 Driving through the Pyrenees
- 9 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 10 Trains France/Switzerland
- 11 One in Paris ... help
- 12 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 13 Three days in Istanbul in August
- 14 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 15 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 16 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 17 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 18 Drive from Vejer to Granada
- 19 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 20 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 21 Two nights with kids in Normandy/Brittany
- 22 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 23 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 24 Sagrada Familia-Guide or Audio
- 25 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey