We are a family of four (husband, wife, 2 girls aged 9 and 3) and we will be in London from July 12 (noon) to July 19 (noon). Here is our itinerary.
July 12th evening - London Eye
July 13th - Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral
July 14th - Day trip to Bath
July 15th - Westminster Abbey, Hampton Court Palace
July 16th - Day trip to Oxford
July 17th - Buckhingam palace, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, The National History museum
July 18th - Kew Gardens
July 19th - Get ready to go back
I am looking for feedback on the following.
1. Does the itinerary look doable?
2. Are there places I should add to this list?
3. Are there places I should remove from this list?
4. Is London Pass worth it or should I do pay as you go model for the above places? (Cost is roughly about the same but London pass will make things a little rushed. However, London Pass offers us the flexibility of avoiding longer lines)
5. Are the lines really long for the above places (which makes London Pass a must)?
6. For the day trips what kind of pass should I buy? We are traveling from US. Should I book the day trip tickets/ pass in advance (before landing in UK)?
7. What travel card should I buy? Is Zone1 and Zone2 enough for the places we are planning to go to?
8. What kind of clothes to pack? Is the weather warm enough for skirts/ shorts?
9. Do we need a jacket?
10. Do the grocery stores sell rice? I am thinking of making our own food a few times but not sure if I need to pack ingredients from here or can I easily buy it there.
11. Finally, recommendations on good places to eat (Thai, Indian, Italian, Mexican are our preferences)
That's a long list of questions hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks a ton in advance.
Need advice: Family of four, six days in London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation Pictures
- 2 netherlands-Prag-vienne-budapest-munich BY CAR in WINTER?roads?
- 3 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 4 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 5 Pacsafe Neck Wallet / Women travel and Spain & Seville tips/safety
- 6 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 7 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 8 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 9 Milan/Venice/Como/Milan Train Transportation
- 10 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 11 Touring Europe with 1 year old
- 12 Purse week?
- 13 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 14 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 15 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 16 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 17 Looking for add on city
- 18 Help finding an apartment in Paris 7th arrond.
- 19 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 20 Vatican Museum Tour and Handbags/Backpacks
- 21 PARIS: scarlett - what about the handbags???
- 22 Ladies- Travel Handbags?
- 23 Hand made leather handbags in Venice - Trinny & Susannah recommendation
- 24 Shopping for YSL/ LV Handbags
- 25 New !travel handbags, an update please!