We are a family of four (husband, wife, 2 girls aged 9 and 3) and we will be in London from July 12 (noon) to July 19 (noon). Here is our itinerary.
July 12th evening - London Eye
July 13th - Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral
July 14th - Day trip to Bath
July 15th - Westminster Abbey, Hampton Court Palace
July 16th - Day trip to Oxford
July 17th - Buckhingam palace, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, The National History museum
July 18th - Kew Gardens
July 19th - Get ready to go back
I am looking for feedback on the following.
1. Does the itinerary look doable?
2. Are there places I should add to this list?
3. Are there places I should remove from this list?
4. Is London Pass worth it or should I do pay as you go model for the above places? (Cost is roughly about the same but London pass will make things a little rushed. However, London Pass offers us the flexibility of avoiding longer lines)
5. Are the lines really long for the above places (which makes London Pass a must)?
6. For the day trips what kind of pass should I buy? We are traveling from US. Should I book the day trip tickets/ pass in advance (before landing in UK)?
7. What travel card should I buy? Is Zone1 and Zone2 enough for the places we are planning to go to?
8. What kind of clothes to pack? Is the weather warm enough for skirts/ shorts?
9. Do we need a jacket?
10. Do the grocery stores sell rice? I am thinking of making our own food a few times but not sure if I need to pack ingredients from here or can I easily buy it there.
11. Finally, recommendations on good places to eat (Thai, Indian, Italian, Mexican are our preferences)
That's a long list of questions hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks a ton in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 2 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 3 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 4 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 5 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 6 Amsterdam
- 7 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 9 Avoid Europcar!
- 10 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 11 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 12 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 13 Train / Calabria
- 14 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 15 16 days in France and Italy
- 16 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 17 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 18 Paris for children
- 19 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 20 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 21 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 22 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 23 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 24 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 25 Spain itinerary and railway advise