We are a family of four (husband, wife, 2 girls aged 9 and 3) and we will be in London from July 12 (noon) to July 19 (noon). Here is our itinerary.
July 12th evening - London Eye
July 13th - Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral
July 14th - Day trip to Bath
July 15th - Westminster Abbey, Hampton Court Palace
July 16th - Day trip to Oxford
July 17th - Buckhingam palace, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, The National History museum
July 18th - Kew Gardens
July 19th - Get ready to go back
I am looking for feedback on the following.
1. Does the itinerary look doable?
2. Are there places I should add to this list?
3. Are there places I should remove from this list?
4. Is London Pass worth it or should I do pay as you go model for the above places? (Cost is roughly about the same but London pass will make things a little rushed. However, London Pass offers us the flexibility of avoiding longer lines)
5. Are the lines really long for the above places (which makes London Pass a must)?
6. For the day trips what kind of pass should I buy? We are traveling from US. Should I book the day trip tickets/ pass in advance (before landing in UK)?
7. What travel card should I buy? Is Zone1 and Zone2 enough for the places we are planning to go to?
8. What kind of clothes to pack? Is the weather warm enough for skirts/ shorts?
9. Do we need a jacket?
10. Do the grocery stores sell rice? I am thinking of making our own food a few times but not sure if I need to pack ingredients from here or can I easily buy it there.
11. Finally, recommendations on good places to eat (Thai, Indian, Italian, Mexican are our preferences)
That's a long list of questions hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks a ton in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ravello to Paestum
- 2 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 3 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 4 3 days to spend in europe
- 5 Renting bed linens and towels
- 6 Hike from Muotta Naluns
- 7 Pre-paid International Calling Cards
- 8 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 9 Amalfi coast
- 10 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 11 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 12 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 13 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 14 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 15 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 16 Beaches in Southern France
- 17 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 18 rental car outskirts of Rome
- 19 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 20 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 21 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 22 French lavender and cottages
- 23 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 24 Rome to Pompeii, luggage goes where?
- 25 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?