We are a family of four (husband, wife, 2 girls aged 9 and 3) and we will be in London from July 12 (noon) to July 19 (noon). Here is our itinerary.
July 12th evening - London Eye
July 13th - Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral
July 14th - Day trip to Bath
July 15th - Westminster Abbey, Hampton Court Palace
July 16th - Day trip to Oxford
July 17th - Buckhingam palace, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, The National History museum
July 18th - Kew Gardens
July 19th - Get ready to go back
I am looking for feedback on the following.
1. Does the itinerary look doable?
2. Are there places I should add to this list?
3. Are there places I should remove from this list?
4. Is London Pass worth it or should I do pay as you go model for the above places? (Cost is roughly about the same but London pass will make things a little rushed. However, London Pass offers us the flexibility of avoiding longer lines)
5. Are the lines really long for the above places (which makes London Pass a must)?
6. For the day trips what kind of pass should I buy? We are traveling from US. Should I book the day trip tickets/ pass in advance (before landing in UK)?
7. What travel card should I buy? Is Zone1 and Zone2 enough for the places we are planning to go to?
8. What kind of clothes to pack? Is the weather warm enough for skirts/ shorts?
9. Do we need a jacket?
10. Do the grocery stores sell rice? I am thinking of making our own food a few times but not sure if I need to pack ingredients from here or can I easily buy it there.
11. Finally, recommendations on good places to eat (Thai, Indian, Italian, Mexican are our preferences)
That's a long list of questions hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks a ton in advance.
Need advice: Family of four, six days in London
- 1 Trip around Spain
- 2 Lake como
- 3 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 4 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 5 Getting around in Tuscany
- 6 Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?
- 7 Venice in Jan
- 8 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 9 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 10 Public transport from Ostuni
- 11 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 12 British drivers
- 13 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 14 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 15 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 16 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 17 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 18 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 19 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 20 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 21 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 22 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 23 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 24 Fun things to do in Copenhagen
- 25 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino