I'm planning a trip to Munich in May and right now I'm attempting to plan how I want to do the city. The first thing I need to figure out though, is how to get around the city. I've found that they have the Schnellbatnnetz train system, but I'm having trouble finding information about it specifically. If anyone could answer a few questions, I would be much appreciated.
For reference, this is the map I found which I presume is a recent, up-to-date one:
1) I notice that they have an S Bahn and a U Bahn, but I cannot determine the difference between the two, if any.
2) How does one go about purchasing tickets for this system? Can you get them at the stations themselves? Can you pre-load a card? Do they have turnstiles that you use your tickets at to get into the station or does a conductor check them on the train?
3) How much in general would it take to a single ride? Do you pay per ride or by distance traveled?
4) If I missed it, is there a better way to get around the city?
I would be grateful for any help explaining this system.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 아시안카지노」「☘/☽ ＣＯＸ６６.ＣＯＭ ☾/☘」슈퍼카지노
- 2 마닐라카지노／❦』》( AUG888.ze.am )《『❦＼슈퍼카지노
- 3 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 4 베스트카지노／❤』》( AUG888.ze.am )《『❤＼슈퍼카지노
- 5 크라운카지노／✄』》( AUG888.ze.am )《『✄＼슈퍼카지노
- 6 워커힐카지노／⌘』》( AUG888.ze.am )《『⌘＼슈퍼카지노
- 7 센토사카지노／☄』》( AUG888.ze.am )《『☄＼슈퍼카지노
- 8 투게더카지노／✪』》( AUG888.ze.am )《『✪＼슈퍼카지노
- 9 Ireland travel passport question
- 10 Revised itinerary for italy
- 11 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 12 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 15 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 16 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 17 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 18 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 19 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 20 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 21 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 22 Juangfrau / mt
- 23 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 24 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 25 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona