I'm planning a trip to Munich in May and right now I'm attempting to plan how I want to do the city. The first thing I need to figure out though, is how to get around the city. I've found that they have the Schnellbatnnetz train system, but I'm having trouble finding information about it specifically. If anyone could answer a few questions, I would be much appreciated.
For reference, this is the map I found which I presume is a recent, up-to-date one:
1) I notice that they have an S Bahn and a U Bahn, but I cannot determine the difference between the two, if any.
2) How does one go about purchasing tickets for this system? Can you get them at the stations themselves? Can you pre-load a card? Do they have turnstiles that you use your tickets at to get into the station or does a conductor check them on the train?
3) How much in general would it take to a single ride? Do you pay per ride or by distance traveled?
4) If I missed it, is there a better way to get around the city?
I would be grateful for any help explaining this system.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 2 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 3 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 4 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 5 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 6 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 7 Firt time VISA applicant
- 8 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 9 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 10 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 11 Uffizi Phone Number
- 12 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 13 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 14 France Itinerary Advice
- 15 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 16 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 17 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 18 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 19 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 20 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 21 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 22 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 23 Murren to Prague
- 24 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 25 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg