I'm specifically side-tripping to Milan to see The Last Supper. I'm arriving around noon on Thursday and departing Saturday late morning for Florence.
I have a ticket to view the painting at 1:45pm Thursday. I am staying 2 nights at the Hotel Berna.
So, I have a few questions:
1) Besides the Duomo and the Castle, what can I squeeze in/what should I squeeze in?
2) It looks like Milan has a pretty good transit system. I believe my hotel is only minutes from train station and a metro stop. For the short time I am there, would it be best to buy single rides? Or is there a 2-day pass that might work? (I am not so much concerned about the cost of single vs. 48-hr pass- it's more about convenience for me. I'd much prefer something I can swipe and go as opposed to worrying about having the right change or how far I can go on one ticket, etc.)
3) On that same note, IS the system pretty easy to use? How late/early does it run? Can I buy tickets/pass at the train station?
4) I am not much of a shopper (art/history/architecture), but the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II looks awesome. Is it worth it to head there? I also hear that one must go down the Via Monte Napoleone. If not a shopper, is it still fun?
5) Looking for restaurant recs. I like simple fare and pasta. (Cacio e pepe is my favorite, but I do like a good plate of lasagna, too!) I like beef, and certain seafood. However, I'd prefer my shrimp be served sans the head and shell. hahah I would like to avoid the tourist traps. And especially interested in a couple places near my hotel for dinner both nights. PS I am always, I mean always, looking for the best cheese plates. Gorgonzola, crostini, chestnut honey..mmmmm)
6) Do you think I have a better chance of getting a dinner reservation if I make it for 2 and then my dining partner will happen to miss our date? It's not often, but there are people that think single diners aren't worth it...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 아시아바카라只＼→【 TAB23。TK 】←＼只슈퍼카지노아시아바카라
- 2 Traveling with a class 1 misdemeanor
- 3 아시안바카라乐＼→【 TAB23。TK 】←＼乐슈퍼카지노아시안바카라
- 4 Charming areas to explore in London
- 5 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 6 hotels in the Eixample district of Barcelona
- 7 Best of Norway
- 8 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 9 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 10 travel around Spain
- 11 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 12 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 13 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 14 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 15 Bursa/Iznik
- 16 Where to stay in Sorrento/Positano area with family of 5?
- 17 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 18 Hidden Gems outside Munich
- 19 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 20 credit and debit cards
- 21 Luggage storage Vienna railway
- 22 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 23 Another Question re Scotland
- 24 Transportation and things to do around Malta from the Westin Dragona?
- 25 Accommodation Goze and Ostia Antic