I'm specifically side-tripping to Milan to see The Last Supper. I'm arriving around noon on Thursday and departing Saturday late morning for Florence.
I have a ticket to view the painting at 1:45pm Thursday. I am staying 2 nights at the Hotel Berna.
So, I have a few questions:
1) Besides the Duomo and the Castle, what can I squeeze in/what should I squeeze in?
2) It looks like Milan has a pretty good transit system. I believe my hotel is only minutes from train station and a metro stop. For the short time I am there, would it be best to buy single rides? Or is there a 2-day pass that might work? (I am not so much concerned about the cost of single vs. 48-hr pass- it's more about convenience for me. I'd much prefer something I can swipe and go as opposed to worrying about having the right change or how far I can go on one ticket, etc.)
3) On that same note, IS the system pretty easy to use? How late/early does it run? Can I buy tickets/pass at the train station?
4) I am not much of a shopper (art/history/architecture), but the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II looks awesome. Is it worth it to head there? I also hear that one must go down the Via Monte Napoleone. If not a shopper, is it still fun?
5) Looking for restaurant recs. I like simple fare and pasta. (Cacio e pepe is my favorite, but I do like a good plate of lasagna, too!) I like beef, and certain seafood. However, I'd prefer my shrimp be served sans the head and shell. hahah I would like to avoid the tourist traps. And especially interested in a couple places near my hotel for dinner both nights. PS I am always, I mean always, looking for the best cheese plates. Gorgonzola, crostini, chestnut honey..mmmmm)
6) Do you think I have a better chance of getting a dinner reservation if I make it for 2 and then my dining partner will happen to miss our date? It's not often, but there are people that think single diners aren't worth it...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 성인 신천지/손오공/바다이야기 ※연결 :≫vtk15.com≪
- 3 성인온라인 릴게임 ▼ 접속 :≫vtk15.com≪
- 4 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 5 Luggage Storage
- 6 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 7 Back from Paris
- 8 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 Another tipping question: concierges
- 11 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 12 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 13 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 14 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 15 Trip suggestion
- 16 Spain in July
- 17 Summer Travel order
- 18 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 19 LIsbon
- 20 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 21 Corfu
- 22 Chios and Mesta Chios
- 23 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 24 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 25 Which airport for Bellagio?