I'm specifically side-tripping to Milan to see The Last Supper. I'm arriving around noon on Thursday and departing Saturday late morning for Florence.
I have a ticket to view the painting at 1:45pm Thursday. I am staying 2 nights at the Hotel Berna.
So, I have a few questions:
1) Besides the Duomo and the Castle, what can I squeeze in/what should I squeeze in?
2) It looks like Milan has a pretty good transit system. I believe my hotel is only minutes from train station and a metro stop. For the short time I am there, would it be best to buy single rides? Or is there a 2-day pass that might work? (I am not so much concerned about the cost of single vs. 48-hr pass- it's more about convenience for me. I'd much prefer something I can swipe and go as opposed to worrying about having the right change or how far I can go on one ticket, etc.)
3) On that same note, IS the system pretty easy to use? How late/early does it run? Can I buy tickets/pass at the train station?
4) I am not much of a shopper (art/history/architecture), but the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II looks awesome. Is it worth it to head there? I also hear that one must go down the Via Monte Napoleone. If not a shopper, is it still fun?
5) Looking for restaurant recs. I like simple fare and pasta. (Cacio e pepe is my favorite, but I do like a good plate of lasagna, too!) I like beef, and certain seafood. However, I'd prefer my shrimp be served sans the head and shell. hahah I would like to avoid the tourist traps. And especially interested in a couple places near my hotel for dinner both nights. PS I am always, I mean always, looking for the best cheese plates. Gorgonzola, crostini, chestnut honey..mmmmm)
6) Do you think I have a better chance of getting a dinner reservation if I make it for 2 and then my dining partner will happen to miss our date? It's not often, but there are people that think single diners aren't worth it...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian lakes
- 2 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 3 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 4 What do after Bernia Express?
- 5 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 6 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 7 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 8 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 9 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 10 HP Laptop is giving me so much trouble what I do?
- 11 Walking itinerary in England?
- 12 Rouen Tour Companies
- 13 월드라이브카지노게임━ ▷(★ FG36.ZE。AM ★)◁ ━【슈퍼카지노】
- 14 아이라이브카지노게임━ ▷(★ FG36.ZE。AM ★)◁ ━【슈퍼카지노】
- 15 헬로카지노♣＼┕▶( DT88.ZE.AM )◀┙＼♣슈퍼카지노
- 16 아비아카지노게임━ ▷(★ FG36.ZE。AM ★)◁ ━【슈퍼카지노】
- 17 레드카지노♣＼┕▶( DT88.ZE.AM )◀┙＼♣슈퍼카지노
- 18 다모아카지노⊙＼┕▶( DT88.ZE.AM )◀┙＼⊙슈퍼카지노
- 19 카지노배팅게임━ ▷(★ FG36.ZE。AM ★)◁ ━【슈퍼카지노】
- 20 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 21 다모아카지노◈＼┕▶( DT88.ZE.AM )◀┙＼◈슈퍼카지노
- 22 다모아카지노◈＼┕▶( DT88.ZE.AM )◀┙＼◈슈퍼카지노
- 23 다모아카지노▲＼┕▶( DT88.ZE.AM )◀┙＼▲슈퍼카지노
- 24 리스보아게임━ ▷(★ FG36.ZE。AM ★)◁ ━【슈퍼카지노】
- 25 다모아카지노☆＼┕▶( DT88.ZE.AM )◀┙＼☆슈퍼카지노