We're taking the tube from LHR to Victoria. The TFL site has the transfer from Piccadilly to District at Hammersmith.
However, looking at the map, transferring at South Kensington seems more time-efficient in that the Piccadilly line skips some stops between Hammersmith and South Kensington that the District line stops at.
Is there something about the transfer at South Kensington that I should know -- a very long and stair-filled transfer, for instance -- that does not occur at Hammersmith?
NOTE: On our last visit we went all the way to Green Park for the transfer (to Victoria line) because there was a lot of work going on on the District & Circle lines that we were warned about. Hopefully that will not be a problem. [It was during the run-up to the Olympics.]
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 파워볼 배팅법 ※연결 : [ˇvks99.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012 ˇ]
- 2 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 3 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 4 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 5 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 6 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 7 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 10 London 6 day itinerary
- 11 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 12 Sim Cards
- 13 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 14 London in Winter Report
- 15 Portugal rental car
- 16 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 17 Switzaly 2011: two sisters visit Zurich, Turin and Milan
- 18 IWM
- 19 London Hotel - Different Request
- 20 Seville to Cordoba
- 21 3 nights in Madrid
- 22 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 23 Travelling Iceland
- 24 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 25 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest