We're taking the tube from LHR to Victoria. The TFL site has the transfer from Piccadilly to District at Hammersmith.
However, looking at the map, transferring at South Kensington seems more time-efficient in that the Piccadilly line skips some stops between Hammersmith and South Kensington that the District line stops at.
Is there something about the transfer at South Kensington that I should know -- a very long and stair-filled transfer, for instance -- that does not occur at Hammersmith?
NOTE: On our last visit we went all the way to Green Park for the transfer (to Victoria line) because there was a lot of work going on on the District & Circle lines that we were warned about. Hopefully that will not be a problem. [It was during the run-up to the Olympics.]
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 2 Need Information about French Alps
- 3 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 4 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 5 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 6 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 7 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 8 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 9 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 10 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 11 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 12 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 13 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 14 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 15 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 16 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 17 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 18 Trip to Rome
- 19 Best Indian Food
- 20 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 21 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 22 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 23 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 24 Piedmont as a destination
- 25 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings