We're taking the tube from LHR to Victoria. The TFL site has the transfer from Piccadilly to District at Hammersmith.
However, looking at the map, transferring at South Kensington seems more time-efficient in that the Piccadilly line skips some stops between Hammersmith and South Kensington that the District line stops at.
Is there something about the transfer at South Kensington that I should know -- a very long and stair-filled transfer, for instance -- that does not occur at Hammersmith?
NOTE: On our last visit we went all the way to Green Park for the transfer (to Victoria line) because there was a lot of work going on on the District & Circle lines that we were warned about. Hopefully that will not be a problem. [It was during the run-up to the Olympics.]
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 2 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 3 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 4 Rome or Venice first
- 5 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 6 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 7 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 8 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 9 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 10 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 11 Europe First Timers
- 12 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 13 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 14 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 15 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 16 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 17 Athens Help
- 18 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 19 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 20 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 21 Lille Braderie 2017
- 22 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 23 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 24 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 25 Thinking about the Fjords