We're taking the tube from LHR to Victoria. The TFL site has the transfer from Piccadilly to District at Hammersmith.
However, looking at the map, transferring at South Kensington seems more time-efficient in that the Piccadilly line skips some stops between Hammersmith and South Kensington that the District line stops at.
Is there something about the transfer at South Kensington that I should know -- a very long and stair-filled transfer, for instance -- that does not occur at Hammersmith?
NOTE: On our last visit we went all the way to Green Park for the transfer (to Victoria line) because there was a lot of work going on on the District & Circle lines that we were warned about. Hopefully that will not be a problem. [It was during the run-up to the Olympics.]
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 2 seat reservations
- 3 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 4 Italy in a week
- 5 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 8 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 9 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 10 Germany-Car or Train
- 11 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 12 SURPRISE TRIP
- 13 Jewish Vienna
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 Reaching the Lake District
- 16 Positano Hotel in September
- 17 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 18 Scotland itinerary advice
- 19 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 20 Brussels flower tapestry
- 21 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 22 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 23 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 24 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 25 Sardinia, Sardegna, Cerdena, tomatoe, tomato, tomate