We're taking the tube from LHR to Victoria. The TFL site has the transfer from Piccadilly to District at Hammersmith.
However, looking at the map, transferring at South Kensington seems more time-efficient in that the Piccadilly line skips some stops between Hammersmith and South Kensington that the District line stops at.
Is there something about the transfer at South Kensington that I should know -- a very long and stair-filled transfer, for instance -- that does not occur at Hammersmith?
NOTE: On our last visit we went all the way to Green Park for the transfer (to Victoria line) because there was a lot of work going on on the District & Circle lines that we were warned about. Hopefully that will not be a problem. [It was during the run-up to the Olympics.]
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Acropolis Athens
- 2 Korean Messages
- 3 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 5 Days in Switzerland
- 6 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 7 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 8 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 9 6-7 Days in France
- 10 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 11 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 12 Another tipping question: concierges
- 13 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 14 We're here!
- 15 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 16 Getting to Bolivia
- 17 Budapest in December 2017
- 18 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 19 Rental Car for Day Trip from Antalya to Pamukkale/Hierapolis?
- 20 Swiss Travel Pass
- 21 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 22 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 23 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 24 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 25 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary