My husband and I are looking to do a trip to Lake Como and Venice in early May. He has to be out in Switzerland for a work meeting so we were thinking I would fly in early morning on Monday to Zurich, meet him there and take a train to Lake Como. We would then spend Tuesday and Wednesday in Como (where TBD, recommendations are greatly appreciated!), take the train to Venice on Thursday morning and then spend Friday and Saturday in Venice and fly back to Atlanta on Sunday. Questions:
1. Is this enough time to do everything?
2. How is the weather in these areas early in May?
3. Where should we stay / what should we do at Lake Como?
4. We currently have reservations at Hotel Danielli in Venice, is this a good location?
Any input or advice you may have would be greatly appreciated. We are in our mid thirties and love to travel...not sure if that helps with any advice!
THANKS A BUNCH!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 2 TIM in FCO - update
- 3 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 4 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 5 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 6 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 7 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 8 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 9 Madrid food advice needed
- 10 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 11 16 days in France and Italy
- 12 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 13 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 14 Iceland trip report!
- 15 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 16 Paris for children
- 17 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 18 Naples + Walking Tour
- 19 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 20 Need hotel in Athens
- 21 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 22 Avoid Europcar!
- 23 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 24 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 25 Train / Calabria