We (young couple in their twenties) are thinking of visiting Greece this year. Due to fixed holidays we are limited to July and August during which we plan on spending 3 weeks in Greece.
We plan on going backpacking, island hopping, hiking, biking, somewhat of an active holiday you could say.
As we're not planning on spending all our days sunbathing on beaches or poolsides, all websites we check (including this one) sort of discourage us to visit Greece during July/August because of the high temperatures (with heatwaves up to 40 degrees Celcius).
However, as we were really looking forward to visiting Greece we would love to get some feedback on our chances of a disaster holiday. For example, how big is the chance that there's going to be a heatwave, causing days/weeks of extreme temperatures? What's hiking/biking like in these months, given the fact that we're fairly experienced hikers/bikers?
Any feedback would be highly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (AOLPassword Reset CONTACT ☎1 800:681:7208 AOLTec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 3 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 4 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 5 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 6 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 7 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 10 Madrird and Seville
- 11 Greece
- 12 Ludwig Castles
- 13 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 14 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 15 Lake Como AREA questions
- 16 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 17 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 20 Help on ancient history route
- 21 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 22 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 23 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 24 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 25 Iceland