We (young couple in their twenties) are thinking of visiting Greece this year. Due to fixed holidays we are limited to July and August during which we plan on spending 3 weeks in Greece.
We plan on going backpacking, island hopping, hiking, biking, somewhat of an active holiday you could say.
As we're not planning on spending all our days sunbathing on beaches or poolsides, all websites we check (including this one) sort of discourage us to visit Greece during July/August because of the high temperatures (with heatwaves up to 40 degrees Celcius).
However, as we were really looking forward to visiting Greece we would love to get some feedback on our chances of a disaster holiday. For example, how big is the chance that there's going to be a heatwave, causing days/weeks of extreme temperatures? What's hiking/biking like in these months, given the fact that we're fairly experienced hikers/bikers?
Any feedback would be highly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 2 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 3 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 6 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 7 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 8 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 9 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 10 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 11 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 12 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 13 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 14 Paris to Italy
- 15 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 16 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 17 Spanish Medical Providers
- 18 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 19 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 20 Barcelona alternative
- 21 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 22 Road trip with our dog
- 23 Driving through Paris
- 24 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 25 Need help with ideas for stopover location