We (young couple in their twenties) are thinking of visiting Greece this year. Due to fixed holidays we are limited to July and August during which we plan on spending 3 weeks in Greece.
We plan on going backpacking, island hopping, hiking, biking, somewhat of an active holiday you could say.
As we're not planning on spending all our days sunbathing on beaches or poolsides, all websites we check (including this one) sort of discourage us to visit Greece during July/August because of the high temperatures (with heatwaves up to 40 degrees Celcius).
However, as we were really looking forward to visiting Greece we would love to get some feedback on our chances of a disaster holiday. For example, how big is the chance that there's going to be a heatwave, causing days/weeks of extreme temperatures? What's hiking/biking like in these months, given the fact that we're fairly experienced hikers/bikers?
Any feedback would be highly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How the kids age calculated
- 2 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 3 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 4 Help required with Itinerary
- 5 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 6 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 7 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 8 Slovenia & Croatia Itinerary Feedback
- 9 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 10 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 11 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 12 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 13 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 14 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 15 Flat in London
- 16 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 17 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 18 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 19 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 20 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 21 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 22 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 23 Buying Train Tickets to and from Prague
- 24 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 25 lurento sports car rental - anyone?