We will be taking a Danube River cruise on Viking next May. It is from Budapest to Nuremberg, so my husband has decided to let our friends fly home, and the two of us will continue to travel through Germany to see more sights. We would like to go to Munich,Dachau, Eagle's Nest, Bavaria, the Romantic Road, Rothenburg, and then take a Rhine River day cruise, go on to Frankfurt and fly back home to Illinois. That's just some of the general sights we would like to see- explore Munich for 2-3 days, see castles along the way, see some of the Black Forest, and just enjoy getting to know Germany. We will have already been gone almost two weeks, so we are thinking perhaps another week to 10 days is all we have to see as much as possible without wearing ourselves out. We are up for either driving or taking the Rail or both. Any suggestions as to sights not to miss, castles that are worth exploring, beautiful landscapes, and picturesque villages. Thank you for any and all suggestions. Melissa Troutman Pekin, IL
Germany trip after River cruise
View all Europe activity »
- 1 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 2 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 3 Trip around Spain
- 4 Trieste as a day trip?
- 5 Euro Train
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 8 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 9 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 10 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 11 Spain - Andalucia
- 12 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 13 One more last question on Bayeux
- 14 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 15 banger rally around europe?
- 16 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 17 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 18 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 19 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 20 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 21 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 22 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 23 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 24 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 25 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions