We will be taking a Danube River cruise on Viking next May. It is from Budapest to Nuremberg, so my husband has decided to let our friends fly home, and the two of us will continue to travel through Germany to see more sights. We would like to go to Munich,Dachau, Eagle's Nest, Bavaria, the Romantic Road, Rothenburg, and then take a Rhine River day cruise, go on to Frankfurt and fly back home to Illinois. That's just some of the general sights we would like to see- explore Munich for 2-3 days, see castles along the way, see some of the Black Forest, and just enjoy getting to know Germany. We will have already been gone almost two weeks, so we are thinking perhaps another week to 10 days is all we have to see as much as possible without wearing ourselves out. We are up for either driving or taking the Rail or both. Any suggestions as to sights not to miss, castles that are worth exploring, beautiful landscapes, and picturesque villages. Thank you for any and all suggestions. Melissa Troutman Pekin, IL
Germany trip after River cruise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 2 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 3 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 4 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 5 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 6 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 7 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 8 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 9 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 10 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 11 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 12 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 13 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 14 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 15 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 16 Toulouse and beyond -
- 17 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 18 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 19 cheapest way to get from greece to turkey
- 20 Munich
- 21 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 22 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 23 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 24 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 25 Munich with a car?