We will be taking a Danube River cruise on Viking next May. It is from Budapest to Nuremberg, so my husband has decided to let our friends fly home, and the two of us will continue to travel through Germany to see more sights. We would like to go to Munich,Dachau, Eagle's Nest, Bavaria, the Romantic Road, Rothenburg, and then take a Rhine River day cruise, go on to Frankfurt and fly back home to Illinois. That's just some of the general sights we would like to see- explore Munich for 2-3 days, see castles along the way, see some of the Black Forest, and just enjoy getting to know Germany. We will have already been gone almost two weeks, so we are thinking perhaps another week to 10 days is all we have to see as much as possible without wearing ourselves out. We are up for either driving or taking the Rail or both. Any suggestions as to sights not to miss, castles that are worth exploring, beautiful landscapes, and picturesque villages. Thank you for any and all suggestions. Melissa Troutman Pekin, IL
Germany trip after River cruise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Now for the Venice hotel
- 2 Initial itinerary – Northern Spain and Catalunya
- 3 week in scotland
- 4 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 5 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 6 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 7 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 8 Where to stay near Loire castles?
- 9 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 10 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 11 Rocamaxour
- 12 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 13 Travelling by train across Central and Eastern Europe
- 14 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 15 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 16 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 17 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 18 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 19 venice, italy
- 20 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 21 Itinerary help
- 22 Where to go in France mid July?
- 23 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 24 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 25 A guide to Madrid