We will be taking a Danube River cruise on Viking next May. It is from Budapest to Nuremberg, so my husband has decided to let our friends fly home, and the two of us will continue to travel through Germany to see more sights. We would like to go to Munich,Dachau, Eagle's Nest, Bavaria, the Romantic Road, Rothenburg, and then take a Rhine River day cruise, go on to Frankfurt and fly back home to Illinois. That's just some of the general sights we would like to see- explore Munich for 2-3 days, see castles along the way, see some of the Black Forest, and just enjoy getting to know Germany. We will have already been gone almost two weeks, so we are thinking perhaps another week to 10 days is all we have to see as much as possible without wearing ourselves out. We are up for either driving or taking the Rail or both. Any suggestions as to sights not to miss, castles that are worth exploring, beautiful landscapes, and picturesque villages. Thank you for any and all suggestions. Melissa Troutman Pekin, IL
Germany trip after River cruise
View all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 2 Dawdling Through the Dordogne
- 3 London for Christmas
- 4 Travel by train or bus
- 5 To Paris and Provence in June
- 6 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 7 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 8 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 9 Medieval Tallinn
- 10 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 11 Portugal in September
- 12 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 13 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 14 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 15 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 16 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 17 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 18 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 19 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 20 Advises for trip to Russia
- 21 Family European winter holiday
- 22 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 23 lockers in London's Victoria Station
- 24 6 hours in London; lockers at Heathrow
- 25 Luggage lockers at London train station?