In April/14, we are traveling from Lake Como and want to head to Amalfi Coast, with perhaps an interim stop in Assisi or other interesting cultural stop before spending a few days on the Coast.. We all have been several times to Florence, Siena, Pisa,Naples, and Pompeii. We are seeking beautiful vistas and the highlights of the area in Amalfi area. We would have 5 days but must be back in Rome on the sixth day... Any suggested trains, stops, or driving routes that would have us culturally, and comfortably, within that range and timeframe? your insight would be so welcome.. What will weather be like?? Any great place to base ourselves in the coastal area to do Positano, Sorrento Ravello and other stops? We want a scenic home from which to explore then maybe a fast return to Rome via Naples and the train...thanks!
Como to Sorrento
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 2 Madrid Airport - layover/immigration question
- 3 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 4 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 5 Five weeks in Portugal - Does this route make sense?
- 6 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 7 England, Scotland and Ireland Self-guided Tours
- 8 WiFi on trains
- 9 Germany for 3 weeks
- 10 Venice, airport hotel ?
- 11 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 12 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 13 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 14 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 15 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 16 Switzerland Trip with Family
- 17 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 18 Renting an apt.
- 19 A guide to Madrid
- 20 Amsterday > Bruges
- 21 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 22 CDG questions
- 23 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 24 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 25 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain