In April/14, we are traveling from Lake Como and want to head to Amalfi Coast, with perhaps an interim stop in Assisi or other interesting cultural stop before spending a few days on the Coast.. We all have been several times to Florence, Siena, Pisa,Naples, and Pompeii. We are seeking beautiful vistas and the highlights of the area in Amalfi area. We would have 5 days but must be back in Rome on the sixth day... Any suggested trains, stops, or driving routes that would have us culturally, and comfortably, within that range and timeframe? your insight would be so welcome.. What will weather be like?? Any great place to base ourselves in the coastal area to do Positano, Sorrento Ravello and other stops? We want a scenic home from which to explore then maybe a fast return to Rome via Naples and the train...thanks!
Como to Sorrento
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 2 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 Chambermaid tipping
- 5 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 6 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 7 Greek islands from Turkey
- 8 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 9 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 10 Italian Lakes gardens
- 11 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 12 First time traveler to Ireland
- 13 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 14 Euro Train
- 15 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 16 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 17 Dresden Train Station
- 18 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 19 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 20 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 21 Novels set in Greece
- 22 London for Christmas
- 23 Istanbul and Cappadocia in 10 days - trip report
- 24 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 25 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report