In April/14, we are traveling from Lake Como and want to head to Amalfi Coast, with perhaps an interim stop in Assisi or other interesting cultural stop before spending a few days on the Coast.. We all have been several times to Florence, Siena, Pisa,Naples, and Pompeii. We are seeking beautiful vistas and the highlights of the area in Amalfi area. We would have 5 days but must be back in Rome on the sixth day... Any suggested trains, stops, or driving routes that would have us culturally, and comfortably, within that range and timeframe? your insight would be so welcome.. What will weather be like?? Any great place to base ourselves in the coastal area to do Positano, Sorrento Ravello and other stops? We want a scenic home from which to explore then maybe a fast return to Rome via Naples and the train...thanks!
Como to Sorrento
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Garmisch
- 2 Lesson Learned - Speeding In France
- 3 Where to stay in Paris - first time young, solo female
- 4 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!
- 5 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 6 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 7 Greek Island honeymoon
- 8 Lake Como -> Milan -> Last Supper; ferry,train,bus?? Help needed
- 9 Any French Riviera Beach Reccs?
- 10 Victoria and Albert Museum
- 11 Naples and Salerno
- 12 Hello and advice please to help plan our visit
- 13 Bernina and Glacier Express routes
- 14 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 15 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 16 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 17 Need help with Normandy & Loire Valley itinerary + extra days
- 18 Driving from Madrid to Seville.
- 19 Barcelona and Road Trip to Southern France
- 20 My poppy arrived today!
- 21 Take Your Geese Home When You Leave
- 22 Recommendation for one day trip from Cortona for first timers
- 23 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 24 Base for walking in Ireland.
- 25 France, Italy, Ireland ?