In April/14, we are traveling from Lake Como and want to head to Amalfi Coast, with perhaps an interim stop in Assisi or other interesting cultural stop before spending a few days on the Coast.. We all have been several times to Florence, Siena, Pisa,Naples, and Pompeii. We are seeking beautiful vistas and the highlights of the area in Amalfi area. We would have 5 days but must be back in Rome on the sixth day... Any suggested trains, stops, or driving routes that would have us culturally, and comfortably, within that range and timeframe? your insight would be so welcome.. What will weather be like?? Any great place to base ourselves in the coastal area to do Positano, Sorrento Ravello and other stops? We want a scenic home from which to explore then maybe a fast return to Rome via Naples and the train...thanks!
Como to Sorrento
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which european city?
- 2 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 3 Southern Spain
- 4 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 5 Scotland November 2015
- 6 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 7 Germany in December 2015
- 8 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 9 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 10 All Set To Go!!
- 11 Vegan in Germany?
- 12 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 13 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 14 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 15 biking tours in Italy?
- 16 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 17 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 18 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 19 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 20 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 21 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 22 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 23 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 24 Italy Countryside
- 25 Adventures in Italy with Momma