In April/14, we are traveling from Lake Como and want to head to Amalfi Coast, with perhaps an interim stop in Assisi or other interesting cultural stop before spending a few days on the Coast.. We all have been several times to Florence, Siena, Pisa,Naples, and Pompeii. We are seeking beautiful vistas and the highlights of the area in Amalfi area. We would have 5 days but must be back in Rome on the sixth day... Any suggested trains, stops, or driving routes that would have us culturally, and comfortably, within that range and timeframe? your insight would be so welcome.. What will weather be like?? Any great place to base ourselves in the coastal area to do Positano, Sorrento Ravello and other stops? We want a scenic home from which to explore then maybe a fast return to Rome via Naples and the train...thanks!
Como to Sorrento
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 2 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 3 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 4 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 5 I went to Paris in June
- 6 Help with a small island in Greece
- 7 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 8 Brugge photo on Bing
- 9 Cotswolds village base
- 10 Santorini accomodations and more for a couple and baby
- 11 Trip report: Milan and Lake Como
- 12 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 13 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 14 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 15 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 16 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 17 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 18 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 19 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 20 How long in Venice?
- 21 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 22 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 23 Getting cash in Spain
- 24 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 25 First Time Going to Europe