In April/14, we are traveling from Lake Como and want to head to Amalfi Coast, with perhaps an interim stop in Assisi or other interesting cultural stop before spending a few days on the Coast.. We all have been several times to Florence, Siena, Pisa,Naples, and Pompeii. We are seeking beautiful vistas and the highlights of the area in Amalfi area. We would have 5 days but must be back in Rome on the sixth day... Any suggested trains, stops, or driving routes that would have us culturally, and comfortably, within that range and timeframe? your insight would be so welcome.. What will weather be like?? Any great place to base ourselves in the coastal area to do Positano, Sorrento Ravello and other stops? We want a scenic home from which to explore then maybe a fast return to Rome via Naples and the train...thanks!
Como to Sorrento
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Breakfast in Tuscany - any options other than pastry & coffee?
- 2 Please help me plan my trip!
- 3 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 4 Castle/Abbey Ruins in Wales - Night Access
- 5 Two days in Dublin
- 6 Munich accommodations
- 7 Tax refund in France
- 8 New Chip and Pin Card from American Airlines
- 9 any airbnb experience in Milan?
- 10 London, Rome and Milan, February 2015 trip report
- 11 buying souviners and art
- 12 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 13 Venice Apartment
- 14 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 15 European Quiz # 66 Monday
- 16 Portugal Highways and GPS
- 17 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 18 Paris on Palm Sunday and Easter
- 19 Any experience on Hotel London in Milan
- 20 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 21 European Quiz # 62 ( Wednesday)
- 22 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 23 Luxury romantic hotel to stay in Sardinia?
- 24 Positano in high season???
- 25 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?