In April/14, we are traveling from Lake Como and want to head to Amalfi Coast, with perhaps an interim stop in Assisi or other interesting cultural stop before spending a few days on the Coast.. We all have been several times to Florence, Siena, Pisa,Naples, and Pompeii. We are seeking beautiful vistas and the highlights of the area in Amalfi area. We would have 5 days but must be back in Rome on the sixth day... Any suggested trains, stops, or driving routes that would have us culturally, and comfortably, within that range and timeframe? your insight would be so welcome.. What will weather be like?? Any great place to base ourselves in the coastal area to do Positano, Sorrento Ravello and other stops? We want a scenic home from which to explore then maybe a fast return to Rome via Naples and the train...thanks!
Como to Sorrento
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 2 Never To Return
- 3 London city Best option for transit
- 4 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 5 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 6 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 7 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 8 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 9 Lucerne Switzerland
- 10 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 11 Central Europe itinerary
- 12 First visit to France in November
- 13 Need meal and site advice for not often discussed Greek Islands & Places
- 14 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 15 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 16 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 17 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 18 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 19 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 20 at what point should one get health insurance
- 21 Provence in April, 2014, Part 2
- 22 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 23 Europe in December for 10 days
- 24 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 25 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?