In April/14, we are traveling from Lake Como and want to head to Amalfi Coast, with perhaps an interim stop in Assisi or other interesting cultural stop before spending a few days on the Coast.. We all have been several times to Florence, Siena, Pisa,Naples, and Pompeii. We are seeking beautiful vistas and the highlights of the area in Amalfi area. We would have 5 days but must be back in Rome on the sixth day... Any suggested trains, stops, or driving routes that would have us culturally, and comfortably, within that range and timeframe? your insight would be so welcome.. What will weather be like?? Any great place to base ourselves in the coastal area to do Positano, Sorrento Ravello and other stops? We want a scenic home from which to explore then maybe a fast return to Rome via Naples and the train...thanks!
Como to Sorrento
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 2 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 3 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 4 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 5 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 6 Airbnb scam
- 7 Dusseldorf and Frankfurt
- 8 Recommendations for city break with baby
- 9 Tipping in the UK
- 10 Where to stay the night between Naples and Matera
- 11 Help with Summer 2015 Trip to Italy
- 12 4 Months in Europe
- 13 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 14 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 15 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 16 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 17 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 18 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 19 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 20 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 21 One week in Bavaria, Salzburg and Prague
- 22 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 23 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 24 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 25 Piran to Venice via ferry