In April/14, we are traveling from Lake Como and want to head to Amalfi Coast, with perhaps an interim stop in Assisi or other interesting cultural stop before spending a few days on the Coast.. We all have been several times to Florence, Siena, Pisa,Naples, and Pompeii. We are seeking beautiful vistas and the highlights of the area in Amalfi area. We would have 5 days but must be back in Rome on the sixth day... Any suggested trains, stops, or driving routes that would have us culturally, and comfortably, within that range and timeframe? your insight would be so welcome.. What will weather be like?? Any great place to base ourselves in the coastal area to do Positano, Sorrento Ravello and other stops? We want a scenic home from which to explore then maybe a fast return to Rome via Naples and the train...thanks!
Como to Sorrento
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mont St. Michele?
- 2 Paris Perfect Soap
- 3 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 4 Southwestern England
- 5 Is Jungfraujoch worth the trip for a CLAUSTROPHOBIC person?
- 6 Rail connections from Rotterdam and ease of boarding train with luggage
- 7 What Happened to My Hairdryer? - An Electrical Question
- 8 Euro Quiz # 82 - Wednesday 4-1-15
- 9 2 for 1 tickets
- 10 Carinthia
- 11 Help please: 1 or 2 Bedroom Apt in Paris
- 12 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 13 Madrid night life – nice bars to relax and enjoy music?
- 14 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 15 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 16 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 17 Our first trip to Europe
- 18 Vatican Museum tour guide
- 19 itinerary help needed - Mediterranean Turkey / Turquoise Coast
- 20 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 21 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 22 London/Help
- 23 recommendations for driver/transfer tour from Siena to Rome airport.
- 24 Can teaching patriotism protect France?
- 25 Where to stay in Barcelona