In April/14, we are traveling from Lake Como and want to head to Amalfi Coast, with perhaps an interim stop in Assisi or other interesting cultural stop before spending a few days on the Coast.. We all have been several times to Florence, Siena, Pisa,Naples, and Pompeii. We are seeking beautiful vistas and the highlights of the area in Amalfi area. We would have 5 days but must be back in Rome on the sixth day... Any suggested trains, stops, or driving routes that would have us culturally, and comfortably, within that range and timeframe? your insight would be so welcome.. What will weather be like?? Any great place to base ourselves in the coastal area to do Positano, Sorrento Ravello and other stops? We want a scenic home from which to explore then maybe a fast return to Rome via Naples and the train...thanks!
Como to Sorrento
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 2 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 3 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 4 What still confounds you about travel?
- 5 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 6 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 7 Pronunciation
- 8 Monet in Normandy
- 9 Dublin Tour Companies
- 10 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 11 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 12 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 13 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 14 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 15 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 16 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 17 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 18 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 19 Stay near Paris
- 20 direct train from Lyon to Nice France?
- 21 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 22 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 23 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 24 What to wear
- 25 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids