In April/14, we are traveling from Lake Como and want to head to Amalfi Coast, with perhaps an interim stop in Assisi or other interesting cultural stop before spending a few days on the Coast.. We all have been several times to Florence, Siena, Pisa,Naples, and Pompeii. We are seeking beautiful vistas and the highlights of the area in Amalfi area. We would have 5 days but must be back in Rome on the sixth day... Any suggested trains, stops, or driving routes that would have us culturally, and comfortably, within that range and timeframe? your insight would be so welcome.. What will weather be like?? Any great place to base ourselves in the coastal area to do Positano, Sorrento Ravello and other stops? We want a scenic home from which to explore then maybe a fast return to Rome via Naples and the train...thanks!
Como to Sorrento
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 2 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 3 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 4 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 5 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 6 Tipping in the UK
- 7 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 8 14 Days Dec Trip to Switzerland (or???)
- 9 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 10 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 11 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 12 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 13 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 14 Discount Card and itinerary for London for family of 4
- 15 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 16 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 17 Scotland Explorer Pass
- 18 car rental issues Italy Slovenia Croatia
- 19 Interested In Coach Passes
- 20 Could someone help me identifie this chateau in Belgium
- 21 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 22 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 23 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 24 Getting about, CAR? 21 y/o
- 25 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?