In April/14, we are traveling from Lake Como and want to head to Amalfi Coast, with perhaps an interim stop in Assisi or other interesting cultural stop before spending a few days on the Coast.. We all have been several times to Florence, Siena, Pisa,Naples, and Pompeii. We are seeking beautiful vistas and the highlights of the area in Amalfi area. We would have 5 days but must be back in Rome on the sixth day... Any suggested trains, stops, or driving routes that would have us culturally, and comfortably, within that range and timeframe? your insight would be so welcome.. What will weather be like?? Any great place to base ourselves in the coastal area to do Positano, Sorrento Ravello and other stops? We want a scenic home from which to explore then maybe a fast return to Rome via Naples and the train...thanks!
Como to Sorrento
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 2 Luggage sizing
- 3 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 4 Moving to Belfast
- 5 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 6 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 7 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 8 Gluten-free in Ireland
- 9 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 10 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 11 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 12 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 13 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 14 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 15 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 16 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 17 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 18 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 19 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 20 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 21 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 22 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 23 Scuol, Switzerland
- 24 2 Weeks in Paris
- 25 Madrid - Bernina Express