In April/14, we are traveling from Lake Como and want to head to Amalfi Coast, with perhaps an interim stop in Assisi or other interesting cultural stop before spending a few days on the Coast.. We all have been several times to Florence, Siena, Pisa,Naples, and Pompeii. We are seeking beautiful vistas and the highlights of the area in Amalfi area. We would have 5 days but must be back in Rome on the sixth day... Any suggested trains, stops, or driving routes that would have us culturally, and comfortably, within that range and timeframe? your insight would be so welcome.. What will weather be like?? Any great place to base ourselves in the coastal area to do Positano, Sorrento Ravello and other stops? We want a scenic home from which to explore then maybe a fast return to Rome via Naples and the train...thanks!
Como to Sorrento
View all Europe activity »
- 1 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 2 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 3 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 4 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 5 A full week in The Netherlands
- 6 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 7 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 8 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 9 To Paris and Provence in June
- 10 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 11 Apartments in Rome
- 12 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 13 Prague - must see
- 14 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 15 jewlery or no jewlery?
- 16 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 17 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 18 London for Christmas
- 19 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 20 7 days in Andalucia
- 21 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 22 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 23 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 24 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 25 rent car / Munich