In April/14, we are traveling from Lake Como and want to head to Amalfi Coast, with perhaps an interim stop in Assisi or other interesting cultural stop before spending a few days on the Coast.. We all have been several times to Florence, Siena, Pisa,Naples, and Pompeii. We are seeking beautiful vistas and the highlights of the area in Amalfi area. We would have 5 days but must be back in Rome on the sixth day... Any suggested trains, stops, or driving routes that would have us culturally, and comfortably, within that range and timeframe? your insight would be so welcome.. What will weather be like?? Any great place to base ourselves in the coastal area to do Positano, Sorrento Ravello and other stops? We want a scenic home from which to explore then maybe a fast return to Rome via Naples and the train...thanks!
Como to Sorrento
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 2 Getting cash in Spain
- 3 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 4 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip
- 5 Stay away from EF Tours
- 6 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 7 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 8 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 9 Madrid and London
- 10 Spend the day in Geneva or go straight to Chamonix?
- 11 Will Italy be busier the week of Labour day-May 01st 2015?
- 12 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 13 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 14 Spain Portugal 2015 schedule
- 15 How long in Venice?
- 16 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 17 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 18 Help w/ rental car arrangements-Pickup in Lisbon, Portugal-Drop in Seville?
- 19 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 20 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 21 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 22 10 days in England
- 23 Sicily 4-6 weeks
- 24 Italy things to do?
- 25 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice