In April/14, we are traveling from Lake Como and want to head to Amalfi Coast, with perhaps an interim stop in Assisi or other interesting cultural stop before spending a few days on the Coast.. We all have been several times to Florence, Siena, Pisa,Naples, and Pompeii. We are seeking beautiful vistas and the highlights of the area in Amalfi area. We would have 5 days but must be back in Rome on the sixth day... Any suggested trains, stops, or driving routes that would have us culturally, and comfortably, within that range and timeframe? your insight would be so welcome.. What will weather be like?? Any great place to base ourselves in the coastal area to do Positano, Sorrento Ravello and other stops? We want a scenic home from which to explore then maybe a fast return to Rome via Naples and the train...thanks!
Como to Sorrento
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily 10 days
- 2 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 3 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 4 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 5 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 6 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 7 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 8 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 9 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 10 Belgium/Holland OR Paris/Strasbourg/Lucern
- 11 Advises for trip to Russia
- 12 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 13 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 14 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 15 Europe with young teens
- 16 First time traveler to Ireland
- 17 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 18 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 19 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 20 Euro Train
- 21 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 22 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 23 Prague - must see
- 24 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 25 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.