In April/14, we are traveling from Lake Como and want to head to Amalfi Coast, with perhaps an interim stop in Assisi or other interesting cultural stop before spending a few days on the Coast.. We all have been several times to Florence, Siena, Pisa,Naples, and Pompeii. We are seeking beautiful vistas and the highlights of the area in Amalfi area. We would have 5 days but must be back in Rome on the sixth day... Any suggested trains, stops, or driving routes that would have us culturally, and comfortably, within that range and timeframe? your insight would be so welcome.. What will weather be like?? Any great place to base ourselves in the coastal area to do Positano, Sorrento Ravello and other stops? We want a scenic home from which to explore then maybe a fast return to Rome via Naples and the train...thanks!
Como to Sorrento
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona at night? Single female...
- 2 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 3 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 4 Siena Favorites?
- 5 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
- 6 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 7 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 8 Leaving for Paris in three weeks, what are the must "book ahead" sights?
- 9 biking in France
- 10 Flying Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy to London
- 11 Help with France itinerary
- 12 Terrorism in Europe
- 13 Planning a trip to Northern Italy/Lake Como
- 14 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 15 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 16 Sienna at night
- 17 Traveling to France
- 18 Add a day to Madrid or Barcelona??
- 19 Need Cinque Terre/ Liguria advice
- 20 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 21 Day trips between Lausanne and Zurich
- 22 Amalfi Coast in October
- 23 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 24 Ireland and Scotland : 2014 Trip Report
- 25 Romantic Greece and Exciting Turkey : 2011 Trip Report