My husband and I have a month to explore the Croatian coast next July, starting in Pula, and would appreciate some tips on how to avoid the largest crowds and still see the highlights. (I know, I know: "Don't go in the summer." But it's our only opportunity.)
We'll be relying on public transportation. We like hiking, swimming and snorkelling, kayaking, river-rafting. We're not interested in the party scene. We love quieter oceanfront villages, as long as they're accessible by bus.
Can we get some advice on our itinerary? Nothing is set in stone, but here's what I'm thinking.
Pula - 1 or 2 nights to see the Roman ruins
Rovinj -- 3 nights
Opatija? - 2 nights
A Kvarner island? Cres, Losinj or Rab? - 4 nights
Zadar - 3 nights - river-rafting?
Sibenik - 2 nights? Krka National Park
Trogir or Split - 3 or 4 nights - river-rafting
Hvar - 3 nights?
Korcula - 4 nights
Dubrovnik - 5 nights - day trips to Elafiti Islands, Mljet Island
Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 Language to use in Belgium
- 6 Getting around London
- 7 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 8 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 9 WWI sites
- 10 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 11 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 12 Paris in August
- 13 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 14 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 15 Christmas in Spain
- 16 Germany-Car or Train
- 17 Brussels flower tapestry
- 18 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 19 Lake Como,Italy
- 20 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 21 Valencia Spain
- 22 Visiting Zurich
- 23 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 24 Places to visit from Zurich
- 25 SURPRISE TRIP