My husband and I have a month to explore the Croatian coast next July, starting in Pula, and would appreciate some tips on how to avoid the largest crowds and still see the highlights. (I know, I know: "Don't go in the summer." But it's our only opportunity.)
We'll be relying on public transportation. We like hiking, swimming and snorkelling, kayaking, river-rafting. We're not interested in the party scene. We love quieter oceanfront villages, as long as they're accessible by bus.
Can we get some advice on our itinerary? Nothing is set in stone, but here's what I'm thinking.
Pula - 1 or 2 nights to see the Roman ruins
Rovinj -- 3 nights
Opatija? - 2 nights
A Kvarner island? Cres, Losinj or Rab? - 4 nights
Zadar - 3 nights - river-rafting?
Sibenik - 2 nights? Krka National Park
Trogir or Split - 3 or 4 nights - river-rafting
Hvar - 3 nights?
Korcula - 4 nights
Dubrovnik - 5 nights - day trips to Elafiti Islands, Mljet Island
Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 2 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 3 Need Information about French Alps
- 4 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 5 Trip to Rome
- 6 Best Indian Food
- 7 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 8 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 9 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 10 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 11 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 12 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 13 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 14 Piedmont as a destination
- 15 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 16 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 17 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 18 dinner jackets
- 19 France Itinerary Advice
- 20 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 21 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 22 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 23 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 24 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing