My husband and I have a month to explore the Croatian coast next July, starting in Pula, and would appreciate some tips on how to avoid the largest crowds and still see the highlights. (I know, I know: "Don't go in the summer." But it's our only opportunity.)
We'll be relying on public transportation. We like hiking, swimming and snorkelling, kayaking, river-rafting. We're not interested in the party scene. We love quieter oceanfront villages, as long as they're accessible by bus.
Can we get some advice on our itinerary? Nothing is set in stone, but here's what I'm thinking.
Pula - 1 or 2 nights to see the Roman ruins
Rovinj -- 3 nights
Opatija? - 2 nights
A Kvarner island? Cres, Losinj or Rab? - 4 nights
Zadar - 3 nights - river-rafting?
Sibenik - 2 nights? Krka National Park
Trogir or Split - 3 or 4 nights - river-rafting
Hvar - 3 nights?
Korcula - 4 nights
Dubrovnik - 5 nights - day trips to Elafiti Islands, Mljet Island
Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 4 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 5 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 6 Summer Travel order
- 7 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 8 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 9 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 10 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 11 Swiss Travel Pass
- 12 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 13 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 14 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 15 Another tipping question: concierges
- 16 24 hours in Zurich
- 17 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 18 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 19 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 20 Trip suggestion
- 21 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 22 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 23 Spain in July
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Dijon in December!