Now that I have finalised my itinerary, I have a few specific questions. Firstly, we (DH, me and 6 yr old child) are travelling from Bellagio to Sorrento ... and I am considering the best way.
Option A - Flight
- Easyjet fly from Malpensa - Naples on the day we require.
flight is at 11.40 - arrives 13.05, and the cost is around €150
- Getting from Bellagio to Malpensa is fairly difficult, so the best for us is either
fly-to-lake shuttle at €105 or a taxi at €130 - takes roughly 2 hrs.
- from Naples, the Curreri bus goes from the airport to Sorrento for €30.
Cost - roughly €310 door to door
time - (allowing wait at airport) - roughly 8 hrs
Option B - train
ferry to Varenna (30 mins), train to Milano Centrale (1 hr), train to Naples (4hrs 20 mins), then Circumsuviana to Sorrento (45 mins) .... plus transfer times. Will make it roughly 8 hrs still
train (mini fare) is roughly the same as flying, but no expensive taxi from Bellagio as getting to Milano Centrale is much easier than Malpensa ..... BUT I am a bit unsure about getting the Circumsuviana to Sorrento with luggage and 6 yr old in tow ... so may need expensive taxi/transfer to Sorrento.
so - timing roughly the same. Costs probably roughly the same as well
What would you do?
Any other options I havent thought of?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 35 Days?
- 2 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 3 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 4 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 5 Long weekend in Albania
- 6 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 7 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 8 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 9 car rental
- 10 Munich and....???
- 11 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 12 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 13 Portugal: 70th birthday trip
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Another theft warning: coastal trains, between Genoa & Tuscany
- 16 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 17 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 Northern Ireland ideas
- 20 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 21 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 22 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 23 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 24 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 25 scotland itinerary