Now that I have finalised my itinerary, I have a few specific questions. Firstly, we (DH, me and 6 yr old child) are travelling from Bellagio to Sorrento ... and I am considering the best way.
Option A - Flight
- Easyjet fly from Malpensa - Naples on the day we require.
flight is at 11.40 - arrives 13.05, and the cost is around €150
- Getting from Bellagio to Malpensa is fairly difficult, so the best for us is either
fly-to-lake shuttle at €105 or a taxi at €130 - takes roughly 2 hrs.
- from Naples, the Curreri bus goes from the airport to Sorrento for €30.
Cost - roughly €310 door to door
time - (allowing wait at airport) - roughly 8 hrs
Option B - train
ferry to Varenna (30 mins), train to Milano Centrale (1 hr), train to Naples (4hrs 20 mins), then Circumsuviana to Sorrento (45 mins) .... plus transfer times. Will make it roughly 8 hrs still
train (mini fare) is roughly the same as flying, but no expensive taxi from Bellagio as getting to Milano Centrale is much easier than Malpensa ..... BUT I am a bit unsure about getting the Circumsuviana to Sorrento with luggage and 6 yr old in tow ... so may need expensive taxi/transfer to Sorrento.
so - timing roughly the same. Costs probably roughly the same as well
What would you do?
Any other options I havent thought of?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A week in and around London at Christmas
- 2 Leather goods in Florence
- 3 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 4 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 5 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 6 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 7 Trip to Rome
- 8 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 9 France Itinerary Advice
- 10 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 11 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 12 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 13 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 14 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 15 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 16 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 17 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 18 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 19 French election
- 20 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 21 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 22 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 23 Advice on apartment in Spain and location
- 24 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 25 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis