Naples to Sorento

Search

Naples to Sorento

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2007, 05:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Naples to Sorento

Hello...again....we are taking the train for Florence to Naples and then on to Sorento..actually Meta. What is the best way to get from the train station in Naples to Sorento/Meta? I have heard Hydrofiol?? Thanks for the help
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 06:09 AM

When our train arrived in Naples, we had Francesco Marrapese, a private limo driver serving that part of Italy, transport us with 2 other people to our hotel in Sorrento. With luggage this worked out to be the most relaxing method of transfering. Hope this helps...
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 06:19 AM

Circumvesuviana trains go every half hour from Napoli Centrale to Sorrento via Meta.
By hydrofoil, you'd need to get a taxi, bus or tram from the station in Napoli to the port, then a boat which is less frequent than the train and may be cancelled altogether in bad weather, then a bus or taxi from Sorrento harbour to Meta.
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 06:26 AM
Original Poster

So from Sorrento via Meta we can just grab a taxi to the hotel..we are staying at the Hotel Mar Alimuri in Meta....we are first timers in Europe, so I apologize for all the questions...thanks for all the help
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 06:54 AM

There is a station in Meta. All the trains from Napoli to Sorrento stop at Meta. You can get off the train in Meta and do not need to go to Sorrento.
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 09:48 AM

The Circumvensia station (its like the local train) connects thru a rather long walkway with the main Naples station. You can walk it (hopefully you don't have too much luggage) Some people are not fond of the Naples station and Circumvensia line but my daughter and I have used it several times with only minor problems. A taxi or driver from Naples is nice but a bit pricey for me. The transit to the port is more difficult than the station transit IMO. The only problem we had in the Naples train station was with little old men offering to "help" us with our luggage. They are dressed to look like porters (and maybe they are) but they are very aggressive and quite specific about how much you need to tip them if they do manage to get ahold of your bags. I decided they were not legitimate employees after on one trip I did allow them to help us to our seat on the train - they put us in reserved seats (not ours!) just the first seats in the car we were near, then demanded a 10E tip! Anyway have a wonderful trip!