Still perusing some options for a contemplated trip. Friends of mine love Aix to bits and so I thought I'd give it a full week - with day trips.
Is that too long? I doubt I will have a car but it will depend on what I ferret out to do.
Current day trip thoughts include Avignon (I've been through several times but just to pick up the TGV or a car), Cassis (les Calanques), Marseille, the Camargue (which may require a car, I suspect - and would this be better as an overnight or two before Aix?
I will have a day or two before I arrive in Aix which will be closer to Carcassone and I will have a car for that brief portion. I could extend the car and time for the Camargue.
Thank you for any thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Appenzell in December?
- 2 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 3 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 4 Traveling in Belgium
- 5 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 6 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 7 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 8 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 9 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 10 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 11 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 12 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 13 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 16 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 17 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 18 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 19 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 20 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 21 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 22 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 23 4 days in france w 4 kids
- 24 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 25 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO