My wife and I are taking a cruise in the Caribbean and to the Panama Canal on the Holland America ship Volendam in December. We are looking at booking shore excursions in advance and wonder if anyone has been on this cruise and has any recommendations of excursions to sign up for or to avoid.
In particular, we are wondering about the Rain Forest Tram or Tortuguero Canal excursions in Puerto Limon and the Aerial Tram or Portobelo Market tour in Colon.
Our guess is that we can do well on our own in Aruba and Curacao. We also looked at the guided bike tour or guided nature walk on Half Moon Cay.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 Security Remove Reedit
- 2 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 3 Travelling by Freightrer Ship - Trip Report
- 4 Dinner attire for Alaska Cruise
- 5 new england/canada cruise
- 6 Cruising the Baltic in June
- 7 Anytime Dining on Princess
- 8 Holland America Line Koningsdam 23/7/2017
- 9 Hs anyone here done a transpacific cruise on Seabourn?
- 10 12 day Mediterranean cruise
- 11 Alaska Cruise
- 12 Transportation to Mendenhall Glacier
- 13 St. Peter Port & Hauteville House
- 14 Has anyone sailed with Ponant?
- 15 Alaska- Icy straight point
- 16 Hotel in mid-town or near cruise pier?
- 17 Africa Cape Town to Capetown
- 18 Seeking Cozumel Advice
- 19 Chase Sapphire Card has $10.000 worth of comprehensive travel insurance
- 20 Three’s Still a Charm: New Review of Allure of the Seas
- 21 Tauck River Cruises
- 22 Caution if considering Viking River Cruises
- 23 Viking Southern Med. Ports
- 24 Best cruise ship for solo cruise to Alaska?
- 25 Avoid MSC; Worst vacation ever!