My wife and I are taking a cruise in the Caribbean and to the Panama Canal on the Holland America ship Volendam in December. We are looking at booking shore excursions in advance and wonder if anyone has been on this cruise and has any recommendations of excursions to sign up for or to avoid.
In particular, we are wondering about the Rain Forest Tram or Tortuguero Canal excursions in Puerto Limon and the Aerial Tram or Portobelo Market tour in Colon.
Our guess is that we can do well on our own in Aruba and Curacao. We also looked at the guided bike tour or guided nature walk on Half Moon Cay.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Sydney pre-cruise hotel recommendations
- 2 Cruise room options for three people
- 3 Small ship adventure from New York to Montreal
- 4 Princess Preferred: A Review of the Caribbean Princess
- 5 Looking for an Alaskan Cruise on very small ship - 8-12 passengers?
- 6 Camera and binoculars
- 7 Alaskan cruise excursions - Survey says....
- 8 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 9 These Ports are Made for Walking Part 2: Western Caribbean
- 10 Carnival Breeze, Falmouth, Jamaica Ideas
- 11 Azamara Quest or Holland Am. Prinsendam??
- 12 Cruising with an old person--the deluxe edition.
- 13 Viking River Cruising - by bus
- 14 Viking River Cruises - Have you taken their airflights?
- 15 Three FUN Ports Of Call, Carnival Dream
- 16 Dream A Little Dream
- 17 A “Breeze”, 2 Cruises In 1 Month And I Am Still Under 400lbs.. Maybe?
- 18 Singles Cruise Options
- 19 Well that was fast!
- 20 Norwegian - a tale of a disappearing cruise
- 21 NCl Getaway eastern Caribbean out of Miami
- 22 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 23 Uniworld Bordeaux, Vineyard & Chateau vs. Burgundy & Provence River Cruise
- 24 Gratutities on Quantum Class
- 25 Are drinks packages worth buying?