My wife and I are taking a cruise in the Caribbean and to the Panama Canal on the Holland America ship Volendam in December. We are looking at booking shore excursions in advance and wonder if anyone has been on this cruise and has any recommendations of excursions to sign up for or to avoid.
In particular, we are wondering about the Rain Forest Tram or Tortuguero Canal excursions in Puerto Limon and the Aerial Tram or Portobelo Market tour in Colon.
Our guess is that we can do well on our own in Aruba and Curacao. We also looked at the guided bike tour or guided nature walk on Half Moon Cay.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 My first river cruise 12-2017
- 2 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 3 Viking Review - Dont Buy the Hype
- 4 Glacier Bay or Hubbard Glacier
- 5 Tauck Small Ship Cruise to Portugal and Spain
- 6 Cunard vs. Oceania
- 7 Barcelona: Pier to Airport Transfer
- 8 Avoid MSC; Worst vacation ever!
- 9 Crazy cruise complaints.
- 10 Repositioning Cruise
- 11 Viking handles Elbe low water badly
- 12 HAL Koningsdam anyone recently?
- 13 Quebec,Nivea Sofia,new Foundland cries?
- 14 Regent Seven Seas Explorer - anyone been?
- 15 Jazz Cruise 2017
- 16 Kudos to Royal Caribbean and SW airlines
- 17 We're “Country Cruising”.. And Lovin It!
- 18 Booking a return flight before noon?
- 19 from civitavecchia port to city of Rome
- 20 Considering a Tauck river cruise
- 21 HAL - "Open Seating Notification"
- 22 Azamara OR Oceania...Rome to Venice
- 23 Perks for owning shares to cruise lines
- 24 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
- 25 Trip report. Our cruise on the Diamond Princess with a stay in Tokyo