My wife and I are taking a cruise in the Caribbean and to the Panama Canal on the Holland America ship Volendam in December. We are looking at booking shore excursions in advance and wonder if anyone has been on this cruise and has any recommendations of excursions to sign up for or to avoid.
In particular, we are wondering about the Rain Forest Tram or Tortuguero Canal excursions in Puerto Limon and the Aerial Tram or Portobelo Market tour in Colon.
Our guess is that we can do well on our own in Aruba and Curacao. We also looked at the guided bike tour or guided nature walk on Half Moon Cay.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Considering a Tauck river cruise
- 2 Crazy cruise complaints.
- 3 Perks for owning shares to cruise lines
- 4 We're “Country Cruising”.. And Lovin It!
- 5 Holiday Cruising with a toddler
- 6 Bucket List
- 7 Kudos to Royal Caribbean and SW airlines
- 8 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 9 BEWARE OF VIKING RIVER CRUISES!
- 10 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
- 11 Suggestion on Cruise in the Great Lakes
- 12 European River Cruises - strategy
- 13 Booking directly with cruise line or through an agency?
- 14 European River Cruise Itineraries and Companies
- 15 tips on disney cruises
- 16 MSN made me so angry!!!
- 17 Baggage storage before cruise
- 18 Cabin Location: How concerned should I be?
- 19 RCCL, Independence of the Seas, Yea!
- 20 Quiet in the Forum
- 21 RIP FLL shooting Victims
- 22 Cruise ports in Northern Africa
- 23 Dry bag solution for Antarctica
- 24 Travel Agent recommendation
- 25 Viking Switzerland to the North Sea