My wife and I are taking a cruise in the Caribbean and to the Panama Canal on the Holland America ship Volendam in December. We are looking at booking shore excursions in advance and wonder if anyone has been on this cruise and has any recommendations of excursions to sign up for or to avoid.
In particular, we are wondering about the Rain Forest Tram or Tortuguero Canal excursions in Puerto Limon and the Aerial Tram or Portobelo Market tour in Colon.
Our guess is that we can do well on our own in Aruba and Curacao. We also looked at the guided bike tour or guided nature walk on Half Moon Cay.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Smaller ship recommendations for Greek Islands
- 2 Trip Report: Alaska Cruise on a Budget, Local Eating / Shopping in Port
- 3 tips for first cruisers
- 4 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 5 Cruise from NYC to Bermuda
- 6 British Passport Validity
- 7 Panama Canal Cruise Excursion recs
- 8 Juneau Excursions: Mendenhall, Whale Watching, or both?
- 9 European River Cruises - strategy
- 10 Cruising New Zealand?
- 11 Alaskan cruise
- 12 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 13 Excursion Shore
- 14 St Petersburg and Norway cruise?
- 15 Time in ports?
- 16 Rome to port at Civitavecchia
- 17 Choosing a river cruise company in Europe..
- 18 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam Room Query
- 19 Windstar cruise around Iceland
- 20 Polferries Guided 4 Day Tour
- 21 Antarctica Trip Report, March 2015, 10 Days
- 22 Best Cruise Excursions in Panama Canal
- 23 Mediterranean Ports Of Call, Carnival Vista
- 24 Glacier Trek vs. Glacier + Dog sledding?
- 25 Best Alaska Cruise with Kids!