My wife and I are taking a cruise in the Caribbean and to the Panama Canal on the Holland America ship Volendam in December. We are looking at booking shore excursions in advance and wonder if anyone has been on this cruise and has any recommendations of excursions to sign up for or to avoid.
In particular, we are wondering about the Rain Forest Tram or Tortuguero Canal excursions in Puerto Limon and the Aerial Tram or Portobelo Market tour in Colon.
Our guess is that we can do well on our own in Aruba and Curacao. We also looked at the guided bike tour or guided nature walk on Half Moon Cay.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Shore Excursion Recommendations
- 1 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 2 A few questions about RCI Majesty of the Seas
- 3 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 4 Boston to Bermuda on NCL's Dawn
- 5 What to pack for an Alaska Inside Passage Cruise in mid-June
- 6 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 7 quick lunch in Paris
- 8 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 9 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 10 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 11 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 12 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 13 Cayos Cochinos
- 14 California Coastal Cruise
- 15 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 16 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 17 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 18 Grand Turk
- 19 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 20 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)
- 21 Shore excursions on Paul Gaugin ship in Tahiti?
- 22 6 solid days at sea w/transatlantic trip
- 23 Carnival Triumph to be Fun Ship 2.0 refurbished
- 24 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 25 Best River cruise company for Europe?