My wife and I are taking a cruise in the Caribbean and to the Panama Canal on the Holland America ship Volendam in December. We are looking at booking shore excursions in advance and wonder if anyone has been on this cruise and has any recommendations of excursions to sign up for or to avoid.
In particular, we are wondering about the Rain Forest Tram or Tortuguero Canal excursions in Puerto Limon and the Aerial Tram or Portobelo Market tour in Colon.
Our guess is that we can do well on our own in Aruba and Curacao. We also looked at the guided bike tour or guided nature walk on Half Moon Cay.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Shore Excursion Recommendations
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Alaska Cruise with Celebrity Solstice 7/11/14 - 7/18/14
- 2 Power converters for onboard cruise
- 3 STAY AWAY FROM VIKING
- 4 Douro or Danube for river cruise
- 5 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 6 river cruise cabins
- 7 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 8 Elia or Kalafatis beach on Mykonos
- 9 Cruise on the Galapagos Explorer II
- 10 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 11 a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending
- 12 Regent Seven Seas Voyager - Bangkok to Dubai - April, 2014
- 13 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 14 Sending an On-Board 'gift'?
- 15 Gate 1 River Cruise to Russia - Know anything about it?
- 16 Legend of the Seas - July 20th Shore Excursions?
- 17 Budgeting for on-board spending
- 18 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 19 First Time Cruiser -- Travel Agent Yes or No?
- 20 Grand Circle Rivers of Europe Cruise
- 21 Holland America Southbound Cruise - early June
- 22 Any small-scale Alaska cruises out there?
- 23 What mistakes did you make as a newbie cruiser?
- 24 Aida pulls out of Israel. Shrapnel on deck!
- 25 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia