Search

Scuba in Arbua???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18th, 2004, 03:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scuba in Arbua???

My wife (a non-diver) and I will be in Aruba for 5 nights from Jan. 13-18th and I am an experianced diver. Can anyone suggest any great dive oporaters and dive sites for me? Much thanks!
Old Dec 18th, 2004, 05:39 PM

Shark,
I really can't because there aren't too many. Sorry with only 5 nights you can't really experience the best of diving in that area and that would Bonaire. If you can at any point do Bonaire, make that happen you won't be disappointed.
Old Dec 18th, 2004, 07:16 PM

After snorkeling in Aruba (marginal at best) we abandoned all thoughts of diving. Aruba is NOT a good dive destination.
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 10:38 AM

Well Meliz, hate to dissapoint you, unless you are one of those spoiled once a year diver. If you took the opportunity to explore some of the divesites with the right people you would be amazed what Aruba hs to offer. Bonaire is indeed nice for pussy divers, you better stay in the pool cause that is what Bonaire is like. BORING
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 12:48 PM

When I am in Aruba - I windsurf - it can't be beat there. When I want to dive, I travel to destinations that offer great diving. Sorry to offend you Dios, and I didn't suggest Bonaire.
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Original Poster

Bravo Dios! I am a seasoned diver that loves the smell of neoprene and just wants to gear up. After doing some futher research, I have located a highly recomended dive oporater.

http://www.searuba.com/dive_sites.htm

Here's the link that tells all. You might have to do the cut and paste thing to view it. Thanks for everyone's two cents.

Healthy & Happy Holidays to all!!!

Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 04:13 PM

Dios,
That has got to be the most ignorant post I've ever read. Bonaire is far more superior diving than Aruba. And what exactly is "pussy" diving anyway? I've never heard that term. For your information, and it would seem you've never dived Bonaire or we wouldn't be in this discussion...Bonaire is pristine clear water with close in reefs that make shore diving accessible for most of the west coast...quite a freedom than most places where you're married to a divermaster and boat..seems more "pussy" to me the fact you have to rely on others to get in a dive. Get real.
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 07:33 PM

As a 20 year certified diver and former PADI instructor, I assure you that there's great diving in Aruba.

The Antilla is probably the most famous dive, and it allows novice divers the opportunity for a wreck penetration. You'll find plenty of quality operators -- just ask around and check out the boats before you commit.

http://www.aruba.com/pages/scubad.htm

Enjoy!
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 07:34 PM

For more specific info from Aruba experts, visit:

www.aruba-bb.com

Old Dec 23rd, 2004, 02:37 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Gekko! That is exactly what I was hoping to hear and based on the information that I have been reading you are bang on!

And Traveler, evryone is entitled to thier opinions. Right Dios?
Old Dec 23rd, 2004, 05:02 PM

Pussy diving? I've been certified for nearly 30 years and no ever told me SCUBA was a contact sport. What next, steroids before diving???
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 04:30 PM

Pumpy,
LOL too funny, I agree.
Shark, Its not really opinion here but more FACT. Bonaire does have far superior diving opportunities than Aruba....although Aruba has good diving!
Have a great trip, great diving and Merry Christmas!
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 04:03 PM
Original Poster

My wife and I just returned home after spending 5 fantastic days in Aruba. It was our first time there and stayed at the Wyndham (we had several service issues which I won't go into at this point becasue I have been promised by the hotel that they will make it up to us). The weather was perfect, the beaches were wonderful, the resturaunts were excellent and the diving was much better than I had expected! I made the best choice when I decided to dive with S.E.Aruba Fly'n Dive N.V. www.searuba.com. (and no I do not work for them) John, the owner and his staff, Steve, Irwin, Mia and the rest of them are real pro's and it was an absolute pleasure diving with them. I spent 3 days diving to various sites, from a large ship wreck to a big plane (fully intact) that was just sunk in 70 ft of water. I give them very high marks are will be diving with them again next year when my wife and then 6 month baby will go back for a family vacation.