Search

Diving in Aruba

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2004, 04:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diving in Aruba

I've seen mixed reviews on diving off of Aruba. For those who have dove there, how would yuo rate the dive sites?

I'll be diving with my sons (19 & 24). None of us are real experienced divers, but we don't want to be disappointed if we go there.

Thanks.
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 04:55 AM

I'll be curious to see some responses as I'm thinking of going to Aruba. For what it's worth, I've not been to Aruba or Grand Cayman (GC) but many other places, I hear/read that Aruba is not particularly noted for its diving. However, that being said, most times they are comparing it to GC or similar places (Cozumel) in the Caribbean. FYI-I dove in the Bahammas (also not noted for superior diving) and enjoyed myself immensely. Enjoy!
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 05:42 AM

I dove in Grand Cayman but only snorkeled in Aruba. It's true that GC surpasses Aruba in that respect, but we were inpressed with the snorkleing at the Antilla Wreck, and I think it would be even better to dive the wreck.

I think if you go out with someone expereineced, they will be able to take you to some good dive sites in Aruba.
Old Nov 10th, 2004, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

Any recommendations for PADI dive operators there?
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 10:34 AM

I have been diving a couple of time on Aruba. It is true that some place are nicer than Aruba, but what I like about it is that is always different. From a 100ft vis to 30ft vis. From strong currents to absolutely no current at all. One of my favorites is the Antilla, which is truly amazing. I have always been diving with S.E. Aruba Fly & Dive. They have a nice crew and are very personalized. They go to all the sites and are professional and experienced.
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 04:09 PM

My wife (a non-diver) and I are going to Aruba for five nights in January. I am a seasoned diver that loves the smell of neoprene and just wants to gear up. After doing some futher research, I have located a highly recomended dive oporater.

http://www.searuba.com/dive_sites.htm

Here's the link that tells all. You might have to do the cut and paste thing to view it. I hope that this helps

Healthy & Happy Holidays to all!!!