We have traveled to St. Barths for six or seven years. We have always felt very safe. We have stayed in a villa and resorts. This year we were the victims of our jeep being broken into at Saline Beach. We normally do not leave items in our cars on the islands, but have never felt it was necessary in St. Barths. They took a backpack with our video camera, Ipod, clothes, and several other items. We spent two hours a the St. Barths police station. They have recently had these petty crimes in the past six months, according to the translator. Keep your valuables with you at Saline and Colombier Beach.
St. Barths safety?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Jamaica all inclusive
- 2 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 3 Why Barbados?
- 4 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 5 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 6 Cuba Opening Up
- 7 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 8 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 9 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 10 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 11 Just back from The Somerset
- 12 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 13 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 14 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 15 Sandals Resorts
- 16 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 17 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 18 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 19 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 20 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 21 Cuba in 10 days
- 22 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 23 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic
- 24 Best Snorkeling near/in Punta Cana?
- 25 ISO recs for high-end and high-chair-friendly meals in St. Martin