We have traveled to St. Barths for six or seven years. We have always felt very safe. We have stayed in a villa and resorts. This year we were the victims of our jeep being broken into at Saline Beach. We normally do not leave items in our cars on the islands, but have never felt it was necessary in St. Barths. They took a backpack with our video camera, Ipod, clothes, and several other items. We spent two hours a the St. Barths police station. They have recently had these petty crimes in the past six months, according to the translator. Keep your valuables with you at Saline and Colombier Beach.
St. Barths safety?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 2 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 3 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 4 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 5 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 6 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 7 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 8 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 9 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 10 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 11 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 12 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 13 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 14 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 15 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 16 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 17 Which island?
- 18 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 19 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 20 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 21 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 22 Crime in Providenciales TCI
- 23 Trying to Figure Out Whether to Stay at Airport or in Old San Juan
- 24 Turks and Caicos problems
- 25 Bahama Out Island/Turks /Cozumel